A question to dbs debit card holders

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I currently using dbs treasures debit card

It has ez link function so it doubles up as my Ezlink card

But I got tertiary ez link card too, so was wondering if can remove the ez link function from the dbs card?

elnewbie

Reaction score
Dunno what u mean. The flashpay function is embedded within the debit card similar to the Paywave function.

If you don't wanna use FP, then don't top up the FP balance.

so can get new kard without flashpay? :(

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Dunno what u mean. The flashpay function is embedded within the debit card similar to the Paywave function.

If you don't wanna use FP, then don't top up the FP balance.

I tried putting an ezlink card and the debit card into my wallet before... tapping the wallet will result in error

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried putting an ezlink card and the debit card into my wallet before... tapping the wallet will result in error

Have to take card out to tap or somehow separate it from other cards with ezlink or nets flashpay.

elnewbie

Reaction score
Of cos lah. This one is a known issue. Nothing to do with the fact that you're using a DBS debit card.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Of cos lah. This one is a known issue. Nothing to do with the fact that you're using a DBS debit card.
i know, was wondering if dbs is able to replace the flashpay debit kard for a none flashpay debit kard

elnewbie

Reaction score
Nope. Not that I'm aware of.

Frankly speaking, why are you using debit cards in the first place ?
These days, fraud incidents are on the rise and a debit card doesn't offer you the same protection and recourse as compared with a CC.

i know, was wondering if dbs is able to replace the flashpay debit kard for a none flashpay debit kard

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not that I'm aware of.

Frankly speaking, why are you using debit cards in the first place ?
These days, fraud incidents are on the rise and a debit card doesn't offer you the same protection and recourse as compared with a CC.
no celery...

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no celery...
Your expenses are huge? If not the $500 limit CC will do. Or use $500 limit CC for online purchase cos usually thats where there are fraud issues. For in person transactions over $500 then use debit card.

The problem is once u have two cards with RF sure will have clash. Never mind if its EZLINK, Nets Flashpay, condo access card, office access card, or even access card if u have digital lock at home.

Put both cards on opposite sides of your wallet & when u tap, open the wallet & tap the side which has your EZLink card.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Your expenses are huge? If not the $500 limit CC will do. Or use $500 limit CC for online purchase cos usually thats where there are fraud issues. For in person transactions over $500 then use debit card.

The problem is once u have two cards with RF sure will have clash. Never mind if its EZLINK, Nets Flashpay, condo access card, office access card, or even access card if u have digital lock at home.

Put both cards on opposite sides of your wallet & when u tap, open the wallet & tap the side which has your EZLink card.

Got such a credit kard? Then how do I cance my debit card?

vince123123

Reaction score
You can also get one of those RFID card separators to separate your cards so that they won't "clash".

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.