Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using samsung 50ku6000 no antenna used. Only connected to scv wallpoint.
I can find sd channel of channel 8, u, 5, okto, suria and cna but unable to find hd channels of it. Few weeks ago I'm still able to watch all of the hd channels except for channel u.

are you using dvb-c? starhub recently reassigned all the mediacorp HD channels, may be you want to do a re-scan?

smackinghar5

Reaction score
If your place has good signal, use this $2 antenna or something similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/i-Digital-D...179225?hash=item2382139e99:g:dfgAAOSwMr1XPWCN

s-l500.jpg

The signal not very good...

Was using this but when window close then lost signal.
694163540.g_400-w_g.jpg

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
I have rescan countless of times.
There are 2 ways of scanning - auto and manual.

In case you have missed the manual scan, try it as shown according to the user manual.

wFimDCC.jpg

Btw, according to Samsung website, the digital tuner is DVB-T2(VN: DVB-T2C)... Haha...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My place at Boon lay indoor for HD 5 and HD channel U is weak 20%.. Tune antenna until both 50% then other channels weak.. Lol..

kchinbeng

Reaction score
So if I July those tv with digital TV ready sticker. I can plug and play onto the TV socket and play digital channel am I right?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you using an active antenna? what brand are you using?

I m using those cheap $1~2 one.. Not bad now getting better one those fatter type.. See how if no good I will get active one.. Btw I m using k2 dvb-t2 box

ragegoh

Reaction score
I managed to receive Malaysia freeview channels. TV8 not bad :s13:
More Taiwan variety and better than SG ones

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
So if I July those tv with digital TV ready sticker. I can plug and play onto the TV socket and play digital channel am I right?
The answer is not so straight forward...

If the tv socket is a scv socket, then your tv must have a dvb-c tuner. The digital TV ready sticky just means that the tv has a dvb-t2 tuner.

If the tv socket is a matv point, then you may or may not be able to receive the digital signal. See this post for detailed explanation:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...e-[consolidated]-4486989-16.html#post81989452

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.