Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Just follow rule lor...they will just take the receipt and keep..won't be visually inspecting all those items

Thanks. Will do so.

Just bought a pair of running shoes from ABC Mart w tax.
Can I claim it back at the airport?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Will do so.

Just bought a pair of running shoes from ABC Mart w tax.
Can I claim it back at the airport?

Yup, done straight at the shop itself..I rem tokyu hands I did it after paying at their service counter..

Unlike Taiwan where u have to present the item at the custom at the airport to claim back tax..

Japan system is much better..

Jane2

Reaction score
does it mean I have to bring my passport wherever I go if I intend to do tax exemption?

thwysg

Reaction score
does it mean I have to bring my passport wherever I go if I intend to do tax exemption?

Yes. Anyway you're supposed to carry some form of identification (your passport) with you in any country you travel. In the event that you're being stopped and authorities wish to check if you had a valid entry permit and you just need to show your passport.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
I always just take away the receipt on my passport after i get my tax refund. esp at tokyu hands, they dont even wrap it up in those plastic that says cannot open kind.

jep

Reaction score
Nagoya Station

Hi, like to ask those who hv been to Nagoya.

Is Nagoya train (station) packed/crowded during peak hours? Example: Tokyo is extremely crowded during peak hours. Want to estimate my timing to avoid the crowd.

Thanks.

Last edited:

akloaklo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to book plane tix to tokyo during late nov this year.

The timing from SG->HND is ok. 2am fly, 10am reach HND.
However i'm concern about the return timing.

There are only 2 return timing from JAL.

12.05am or 10.50am flight.

Not sure which is better. I'm leaning towards 10.50am flight as the timing is quite ok just have to wake up early.

For the 12.05am flight, i'm not sure since have to check out at 12pm...then the next 10 hours have to bring luggage around. Unless the hotel allows us to put our luggage, I don't know how to tahan the many hours bringing luggage around.

Which would you choose?

Edit: Hmm maybe I can just book another day hotel...although won't fully utilize the xtra day but that $100+ will save lots of headache.

Last edited:

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Is Nagoya train (station) packed/crowded during peak hours? Example: Tokyo is extremely crowded during peak hours. Want to estimate my timing to avoid the crowd.

Thanks.

Similar to Tokyo.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure which is better. I'm leaning towards 10.50am flight as the timing is quite ok just have to wake up early.

For the 12.05am flight, i'm not sure since have to check out at 12pm...then the next 10 hours have to bring luggage around. Unless the hotel allows us to put our luggage, I don't know how to tahan the many hours bringing luggage around.

Which would you choose?

Edit: Hmm maybe I can just book another day hotel...although won't fully utilize the xtra day but that $100+ will save lots of headache.
U can check out and leave luggage with hotel. Or put them in lockers at train stations

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Can I ask, i've heard alot about Shin-Imamiya as not a good place to stay in Osaka? Like there's alot of beggars and things like that. Is it safe to stay there? Esp at night. I stayed in Imamiya before, that seems okay leh.

I'm traveling alone, so want to make sure. If not i'll go for places near Hommachi/Nipponbashi there.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which would you choose?

Some train station have luggage locker for you to deposit and collect later - I know there is one near Ueno station.

thwysg

Reaction score

Which would you choose?

Took JAL 0200hrs and 0005hrs flights. Stored my luggage with Sagawa (3F) located at NEWoMan. Went back to collect my luggage around 2030hrs after last minute shopping. Repacked and boarded the limousine bus at Shinjuku Busta (4F - just one level above Sagawa) and reached Haneda Airport before 2200hrs.

wwng16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which is the best onsen in Kyoto to visit har?
Not planning to stay a night

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Still fine. Just that their subway Higashiyama line is extremely crowded during morning peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.