Anyone here buy bitcoin? (do not advertise/post referrals/emails)

Dream Store

Reaction score
Anyone totally new but interested in understanding the technology behind cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc, feel free to contact me.

I am willing teach for free (yes i mean it, no surveys or sneaky stuff, im not here to sell insurance) via a meetup session. My purpose is to educate all those interested in this upcoming technology as I believe it will revolutionize the world. That said, what you make of it at the end of the session is completely up to you.

bakuten

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just used fybsg few days back. Deposited, Bought and sold plus withdrew as well....All working fine.

nashlin

Reaction score
I just used fybsg few days back. Deposited, Bought and sold plus withdrew as well....All working fine.

How is the exchange rate?

I have a short experience with coinHako. It was all good with low commission at 0.9%. However, the exchange price is about 3-4% difference compared to coinbase. very sad.

I wanted to use coinbase but now, their xTransfer is disabled. Only way to trade is using debit/credit card, which is expensive.

Anyone else have other platform's good experience?

nashlin

Reaction score
Hi there,
Im a newbie and I'm wondering where is the best place to buy BTC?
Coinbase, coinhako or localbitcoin,...?
My priorities is cheap and secured, so I've done some calculations to measures about how much I need to pay to buy 1BTC at 9.20am, 7th June (price on their website in sgd ):

1. Coinbase
3896 (price) + 3896x3.5% (fee) = 4048$
2. Coinhako
4149 (price) + 4149x0.9% (fee) = 4186$
2. Localbitcoin:
Cheapest seller is selling at 4286$

- about security: coinbase is the best (i guess) because they are US based boker and got website and mobile app pretty good.

=> so is Coinbase the best place to buy bitcoin?
Anything wrong or missing in my calculations (like hidden fees,....) pls correct me.
Hope to hear from you guys!!!

Yes, that is my research as well. Coinbase has cheaper price. HOWEVER, I have no luck with deposit with coinbase because they disabled Xtranfer. On top of that, I visited their Facebook page. Many users facing issue of getting their money or funds deposited. So i have my doubts with coinbase for now... Investment could end up a one way traffic in and nothing comes out from coinbase.

Duongmanh92

Reaction score
Yes, that is my research as well. Coinbase has cheaper price. HOWEVER, I have no luck with deposit with coinbase because they disabled Xtranfer. On top of that, I visited their Facebook page. Many users facing issue of getting their money or funds deposited. So i have my doubts with coinbase for now... Investment could end up a one way traffic in and nothing comes out from coinbase.
I need to correct my calculations: coinbase fee = 3.5% (credit/debit card fee) + 1.9%(tradding fee)= 5.4%. But it still cheapest (because price in coinbase is much cheaper than any other platform) :(.
Xfers is closed now because of Government (i guess) but u still can fund by credit/debit card which is more expensive (but still cheapest. Lol).
Still cant find any better platforms. Searching about 15 platforms but Coinbase still the best (in my opinion)

As you said some ppl can not withraw money from Coinbase, we really need someone here got Coinbase experience :(

Last edited:

bakuten

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is the exchange rate?

I have a short experience with coinHako. It was all good with low commission at 0.9%. However, the exchange price is about 3-4% difference compared to coinbase. very sad.

I wanted to use coinbase but now, their xTransfer is disabled. Only way to trade is using debit/credit card, which is expensive.

Anyone else have other platform's good experience?

Can't really remember. Cuz I was in a rush to transfer the BTC to another exchange to buy DGB. The gains i made more than covered any few % difference here.

The remaining money that couldn't get the btc at the price I bidded for ...I just withdrew.

nashlin

Reaction score
I need to correct my calculations: coinbase fee = 3.5% (credit/debit card fee) + 1.9%(tradding fee)= 5.4%. But it still cheapest (because price in coinbase is much cheaper than any other platform) :(.
Xfers is closed now because of Government (i guess) but u still can fund by credit/debit card which is more expensive (but still cheapest. Lol).
Still cant find any better platforms. Searching about 15 platforms but Coinbase still the best (in my opinion)

As you said some ppl can not withraw money from Coinbase, we really need someone here got Coinbase experience :(

haha lets see if we have any brave souls who had been trading with coinable recently. :s13:

nashlin

Reaction score
Can't really remember. Cuz I was in a rush to transfer the BTC to another exchange to buy DGB. The gains i made more than covered any few % difference here.

The remaining money that couldn't get the btc at the price I bidded for ...I just withdrew.

Thanks bakuten for the sharing. I did a quick calculation comparing coinbase and fybsg price of BTC. At the time of comparison,

FYBSG website price : $4000
Fee : 0.6%
1 BTC cost = $4024

Coinbase chart price: $3890
Card Fee: 3.5%
1 BTC cost = $4026.15

Coinhako price: $4084
Fee: 0.9%
1 BTC cost = $4120

So FYBSG should be same if not cheaper price. On top of that, I think FYBSG seems more reliable than coinbase. Although they only offer BTC, it is good enough to buy and send to trading platform for trading or investment.:s12:

Last edited:

laxer

Reaction score
Actually i have this scenario in mind, i wonder if someone can guide me along if this is actually more expensive way of doing ?

Scenario:
1) Buy BTC via fybsg as it is cheap and easiest way of buying in SG.
2) Transfer BTC from fybsg wallet to coinbase wallet
3) Do trading in coinbase as the spread is better there, and they offer other cryptocurrency (Litecoin, Eth)
4) Transfer back BTC from coinbase to fybsg / coinhako
5) Cash out from fybsg / coinhako

not sure will there be any fees for wallet to wallet transfer ?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i have this scenario in mind, i wonder if someone can guide me along if this is actually more expensive way of doing ?

Scenario:
1) Buy BTC via fybsg as it is cheap and easiest way of buying in SG.
2) Transfer BTC from fybsg wallet to coinbase wallet
3) Do trading in coinbase as the spread is better there, and they offer other cryptocurrency (Litecoin, Eth)
4) Transfer back BTC from coinbase to fybsg / coinhako
5) Cash out from fybsg / coinhako

not sure will there be any fees for wallet to wallet transfer ?

there are fees for wallet to wallet

angelslayer

Reaction score
Guys, if you want to transfer from one token to another, you can use Shapeshift.io.

But you need to do your own research on the minimal fee they charge.

nicholaschanze

Reaction score
like to learn about bitcoin

Anyone totally new but interested in understanding the technology behind cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc, feel free to contact me.

I am willing teach for free (yes i mean it, no surveys or sneaky stuff, im not here to sell insurance) via a meetup session. My purpose is to educate all those interested in this upcoming technology as I believe it will revolutionize the world. That said, what you make of it at the end of the session is completely up to you.

Yes i would be interested to learn more. read some articles but nothing beats hands-on

deeks07

Reaction score
Actually quick question? If I use coinbase to buy via credit card and pay the 3.99 % credit call charge plus the 1.5% transaction fee. If and when I do sell my crypto currency, how do I go about withdrawing the money to Singapore bank account?

spec116

Reaction score
Anybody using coinhako
The eth/sgd spread gt sgd20+ difference
Btw hw much do u all play? 1k? 10k? 20k?

Duongmanh92

Reaction score
Actually quick question? If I use coinbase to buy via credit card and pay the 3.99 % credit call charge plus the 1.5% transaction fee. If and when I do sell my crypto currency, how do I go about withdrawing the money to Singapore bank account?
Same question here. I think they will do bank tranfer to your bank account which you alrd verified with Coinbase.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.