Question on output for microphone

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Currently trying to double confirm on the setup for my microphone on whether its work or not? (AVR & TV never come with mic input)

Normally in movie/music i will be using the "TV" mode (ARC) for the audio to pass-thru to my AVR.
So for karaoke setup i still unsure that does connecting TV 3.5mm output --> mic mixer --> input AVR will this work for my microphone?
so i wonder where my input RCA going plug in?

Or should i use optical audio output from my TV to the mixer and into the AVR? (TV to mixer will be using a converter)

Example:
1: TV 3.5mm output (Green) [3.5mm/RCA cable] --> Mixer --> [RCA/RCA cable] --> AVR (from here which RCA input i can use?)
2: TV optical audio-out [Optical cable] --> Digital/Analog Converter Adapter --> Mixer input RCA --> AVR (from here not sure into optical input or?)

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One key info is whether you have surround sound coming from TV to AVR via HDMI

If you're only interested in stereo while in your karaoke mode, then both methods you mentioned work fine.

If you're trying to surround sound from TV to AVR and still somehow inject a second source (the mixer's output), you can't do that with HDMI. Unless your AVR actually has mixing capability to playback two inputs simultaneously which is doubtful.

There are solutions... But let's see if we need it first. Karaoke boxes come in 7.1 sound formats?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know what are you trying to setup?
Lip sync singing along with movies/show from TV show?
This not possible, KTV one usually you need a
karaoke box.

Mixer wise is only if you want to sing/broadcast your voice.
For this setup, just simple
Microphone -> Mixer -> AVR will do

So what setup are you looking at?

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score

If you're only interested in stereo while in your karaoke mode, then both methods you mentioned work fine.

If you're trying to surround sound from TV to AVR and still somehow inject a second source (the mixer's output), you can't do that with HDMI. Unless your AVR actually has mixing capability to playback two inputs simultaneously which is doubtful.

There are solutions... But let's see if we need it first. Karaoke boxes come in 7.1 sound formats?

I not really get you what u mean, but as mention I just wanna sing using those either method and I won't be using surround of cause for karaoke.. The karaoke music will be coming out from my Smart TV as normal to AVR in ARC using TV mode switch..

Now the question is how the last step (INPUT) I need to plug in from the 2 methods in order to play the music and also sing along with my voice mix in?

/////// /////////////////
Example:
1: TV 3.5mm output (Green) [3.5mm/RCA cable] --> Mixer --> [RCA/RCA cable] --> AVR (from here which RCA input i can use?)
2: TV optical audio-out [Optical cable] --> Digital/Analog Converter Adapter --> Mixer input RCA --> AVR (from here not sure into optical input or?)
//////////////////////////

The last part as u see I asking the input, as diagram show above?

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score

May I know what are you trying to setup?
Lip sync singing along with movies/show from TV show?
This not possible, KTV one usually you need a
karaoke box.

Mixer wise is only if you want to sing/broadcast your voice.
For this setup, just simple
Microphone -> Mixer -> AVR will do

So what setup are you looking at?

No I mean I'm opening a ktv app from my android TV, I wanna use either 2 methods see which one should work as I will be using tv as source, mixer for my microphone input and avr that connect to my speakers which produce both the song and my voice mix in it..

As I post my avr diagram above, both method last step which input jack do I need to use to make them all work?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your AVR is what model... and got what input...?

Generally it doesn't matter which RCA input you use. They may call themselves Tuner / CD / Network / Recorder - these are the 4 on my amplifier, they all work the same. Only phono is different.

ADD: I think I see the source of confusion... hence...

Stereo music from TV goes to mixer
Mic goes to mixer
Mixer outputs stereo signal of music + mic. At this point, you can treat this signal like a normal stereo signal like a CD player output or handphone output or etc.

Last edited:

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score

Generally it doesn't matter which RCA input you use. They may call themselves Tuner / CD / Network / Recorder - these are the 4 on my amplifier, they all work the same. Only phono is different.

Mic goes to mixer
Mixer outputs stereo signal of music + mic. At this point, you can treat this signal like a normal stereo signal like a CD player output or handphone output or etc.

Every audio and video from htmi thru ARC so that why i need to switch to "TV mode" in order for my music or show to past on the signal.

So what you mean is when i setup mixer/microphone into my AVR thru either RCA inputs then got sound come out when talk? Without switching the mode to "DVD"?

cyloneboy

Reaction score

Mic goes to mixer

Images for the TV and the amp here

AMP :
25vJATi.png

TV:
zuTSCqf.jpg

TV:
ahdDBYY.jpg

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the sources are connected to the TV? If so, then

Audio out from TV to mixer
Mixer to AVR's CD in
Switch AVR to CD input whenever you want to karaoke

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
All the sources are connected to the TV? If so, then

Audio out from TV to mixer
Mixer to AVR's CD in
Switch AVR to CD input whenever you want to karaoke

Hmm then how about the htmi ARC audio goes or will it just still show the video without the audio from htmi, if i do another audio out is for the mic to the mixer from the TV (Input confirm will be one of RCA to my AVR)

If i switch to CD input then my TV screen lyrics and word still can see meh?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm then how about the htmi ARC audio goes or will it just still show the video without the audio from htmi, if i do another audio out is for the mic to the mixer from the TV (Input confirm will be one of RCA to my AVR)

If i switch to CD input then my TV screen lyrics and word still can see meh?

So troublesome, if got budget go Audio house and check Karaoke Box.
Like this which I happened to saw but forget the price.

https://www.pioneer.com.sg/my/products-detail/index.html/?product=SA-Z500A

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
So troublesome, if got budget go Audio house and check Karaoke Box.
Like this which I happened to saw but forget the price.

https://www.pioneer.com.sg/my/products-detail/index.html/?product=SA-Z500A

For another preamp I need 1 pair of speakers which I don't have much space to put leh sianz, that why I wanna poke the mic using a mixer but in the end I still confused the input if plug in to either RCA will I still get both music and voice come out to my speaker using TV mode as the app is installed in my TV..
Some mention can and some mention can't..

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For another preamp I need 1 pair of speakers which I don't have much space to put leh sianz, that why I wanna poke the mic using a mixer but in the end I still confused the input if plug in to either RCA will I still get both music and voice come out to my speaker using TV mode as the app is installed in my TV..
Some mention can and some mention can't..

We are also confused cuz most will just use a Karaoke box
and done.
I think if you want, you can pop by Audio house see
what type of advice they can give you.

These type of app thing is very confusing.

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
We are also confused cuz most will just use a Karaoke box
and done.
I think if you want, you can pop by Audio house see
what type of advice they can give you.

These type of app thing is very confusing.

Actually in the front part not much of confuse basically wanna sing from the TV nia..
I went to some location mostly those uncles or sale person will just wan me to buy their premap with karaoke speakers and sing..

I think i get what wwenze mean, cause i never mention my TV got 2 setting on speakers, one is TV speaker and the other is audio system.. Once i switch to TV speaker and using 3.5mm RCA its will trick the TV as if i using headphone into it then transfer the audio into my mixer then AVR in DVD mode?

Last edited:

iicecube

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys got 1 problem again now, the karaoke mixer amplifier came and I try out the setup but only music went thru my avr without microphone voice..

But if I take out 1 pair speaker and connect to my karaoke mixer amplifier everything work just fine..

So I wonder is it we can't connect both amplifier?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.