sibeh bth miners. AMD out of stock in SLS and Lazada.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't realise mining has a huge following here.

Wanted to get a RX 580 to replace the 390 i sold off.. major players all OOS. Only left 550s..

Miners really buy up by the carton, leaving nothing for gamers. :(

Need to have a clampdown on how many miners can buy per order. This will hurt AMD in the long run.:(

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alot of better gtx alternatives for gamers .
Singapore electricity fee not cheap also not the best place to mine. Malaysia different story .

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alot of better gtx alternatives for gamers .
Singapore electricity fee not cheap also not the best place to mine. Malaysia different story .

Even 1070 also out of stock liao. :s22: x80 and above i don't want cos i waiting for Vega.

The 580 is to tide me over until Vega and replace the 270x in my bro rig when it goes.

But first time i grasp the mining situation sia. worldwide in short supply and inflated price.

IsP7mdc.png

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but sls have a lot of 1060 though :s22:

ya but the one i really want is the 580. Futureproof, rather cheap and don't want to spend much since waiting for Vega anyway. 580 actually to tide me over until Vega then replace 270x.

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
because of all these mining
even amazon gpus prices are soar even higher than the sky
hope the craze will end soon so gpu prices are back to normal
and stock of the gpus also.

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I noob..

But is the mining referring to the gold mining in WoW?

Byfrost

Reaction score
I always wondered why AMD cards are the preferred choice for crypto-currency mining. It's not about GPU performance right? Otherwise why don't people use GTX1070 /GTX1080? :s11:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always wondered why AMD cards are the preferred choice for crypto-currency mining. It's not about GPU performance right? Otherwise why don't people use GTX1070 /GTX1080? :s11:

Cost-performance ratio. Im not too sure, but AMD cards can crypto coins slightly faster than nvidia. And its cheaper as well, in the beginning of this craze.

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Only when Nvidia slashes its pricing on GPUs to the same level as AMD in terms of performance-per-dollar, then only crypto-currency mining will be brand-agnostic.

Will u spend money to buy like 15 RX580 or 15 GTX1070 to run them concurrently for mining purposes? :s13:

Ang Moh Dua Ki

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone mines in Singapore, if they pay for their own electricity. It's better to just buy the coins.

Watzzup

Reaction score
So RX580 8gb or GTX 1060 6gb....Which is better? Pricing wise both almost the same

Last edited:

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Although the 1070 is a bit more expensive than 580, the hashing speed for both cards is about the same for ethereum mining and the 1070 has a lower power usage than the 580.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.