*OFFICIAL* Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score
trying to buy manulife
but it says "*Please enter a valid code. If you do not know the stock code, please use the "Code search"

i lick the code search beside the field. but it still says the same thing.

strange.

Faced the same thing. Called up scb and apparently they have placed some sort of restriction on this counter.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes! Thats what I said too, but the staff kept insisting over what he said.

Could it be that SCB has a different process for dividend disbursement?

Like mentioned, not all bank staff know what they talking about.

Stock dividends all follow same rules throughout SG, it isn't affected by the broker you're using.

imwarren

Reaction score
Hi! I want to open a SCB online trading account to buy US stocks as it does not charge custodian fees and have lower minimum brokerage fee compared to other banks. However, there is this thing called Customer Account Review which requires me to have professional or academic qualifications or experiences in order to open the trading account. Can I lie in the Customer Account Review and say that I have experience in trading even though I have none? Will they give me a test/quiz to test that I really have the experience and knowledge?

To avoid legal repercussions, nobody will answer this question in public. But let's put it this way... The banks want your business, but also need cover their backside. Once their backside is covered...

Ronggggg

Reaction score
Hi, if I only have $2k in my settlement account and $5k in my esaver account.

Can i place order for a stock for $6k, once the order get filled then I transfer the money from esaver to settlement account?

Or do i have to transfer first to settlement account in order to buy

imwarren

Reaction score
Hi, if I only have $2k in my settlement account and $5k in my esaver account.

Can i place order for a stock for $6k, once the order get filled then I transfer the money from esaver to settlement account?

Or do i have to transfer first to settlement account in order to buy

you have to transfer first

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check do you need to maintain 1k in the esaver account daily if not have 5 dollars admin fee?
Average minimum balance of $1k.

Example: If you've like $10k everyday from the 1st to 29th of the month and the 30th & 31st $0 it's still not charged for the month.

The average balance is way higher than $1k minimum.

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT

imwarren

Reaction score
Okay... Maybe I shouldn't ask it that way. Let me ask another question. When you apply for the online trading account, how is the Customer Account Review performed? Do you just do it by completing the section in the application form? Will they ask any questions about it?

For finance/accounting based education, they will ask for a copy of your certificate.

For trading experience, they will simply take your word for it.

awesomania

Reaction score
Hi all. Just would like to check, if my esaver account does not have any balance for more than 6month and I wish to open a Dash account for my trading, will there be any deduction if I put in fresh funds now?

Have not been using SC for more than a year..

* Dash account can just apply online right?

TIA!!!

Last edited:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just would like to check, if my esaver account does not have any balance for more than 6month and I wish to open a Dash account for my trading, will there be any deduction if I put in fresh funds now?

TIA!!!
SingTel Dash account =/= Dash Easy by StanChart.

StanChart Dash Easy is discontinued alr afaik.

I doubt your StanChart eSaver is active alr, 6 months $0 autoclose.

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT

lbs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TIA!!!

you might want to check if you can still get a dash account link to your SCB trading.
I "tiagong" that it is no longer possible.

awesomania

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Sian, so no way to "bypass" the min amount for esaver account alr?

@lohsenglte I tried to login my SC Ibanking and still see my esaver account there lei.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.