The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildrug

Reaction score
Hahaha. It seems obvious that these hair products retailers that are not carrying Morris Motley is trying their best to give bad reviews.

Morris Motley weak hold??? :s13:

Not sure if trolling or they lived on another planet where gravity is 3x stronger. :s22:

nichsong

Reaction score
Hahaha. It seems obvious that these hair products retailers that are not carrying Morris Motley is trying their best to give bad reviews.

Not sure if trolling or they lived on another planet where gravity is 3x stronger. :s22:

Someone seems to know what is going on with recent "new" members supposedly being retailers / re-sellers. On black and white, there's nothing wrong with that. Just that it'd be nice if there could be some value add to the healthy discussions we have been having prior to this whole fiasco.

Fizzable

Reaction score
Firstly, allow me to clarify that I am NOT a retailer, in fact I am merely a student at a local college. Also, I don't remember giving mm a bad review. All I said was I could have uded too much, and it just didnt really suit my hair as well as it suits others. My friend who recommended mm to me (and in fact to get from hairbroducts.sg which is someone here irdk who) is loving his and I have many other friends who finds mm a wonderful product. Just because a product works well for you doesn't mean itll work well for others as well, doesnt seem logical to term them as 'living in a planet where gravity is 3x stronger'. Was hoping to seek unbiased opinions here but all im seeing is people highly likely to be retailers protecting their product so much.

Nevertheless, im hoping to give mm another try to see if the support ive seen for it is warranted :)

nichsong

Reaction score
Firstly, allow me to clarify that I am NOT a retailer, in fact I am merely a student at a local college. Also, I don't remember giving mm a bad review. All I said was I could have uded too much, and it just didnt really suit my hair as well as it suits others. My friend who recommended mm to me (and in fact to get from hairbroducts.sg which is someone here irdk who) is loving his and I have many other friends who finds mm a wonderful product. Just because a product works well for you doesn't mean itll work well for others as well, doesnt seem logical to term them as 'living in a planet where gravity is 3x stronger'. Was hoping to seek unbiased opinions here but all im seeing is people highly likely to be retailers protecting their product so much.

Nevertheless, im hoping to give mm another try to see if the support ive seen for it is warranted :)

Fully agree with the part about the assumptions certain people make when their opinions are not shared.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

excpro

Reaction score

No worries man. I also used MM TSB but not strong enough for my thick hair. Currently using red house which is not too bad! But I'm planning to get the MM Chrome to try out next time!

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Fizzable

Reaction score
A couple of questions I wanna ask,
1) Anywhere to get samples for mm or zgy madwax? mm is q costly and i dont wanna spend $40 then give it away hahaha and i bought zgy matt clay and its pretty bad but upon reading the madwax reviews here im quite tempted to try it hehe

2) any east side people here? where do yall go for cuts? i usually go to pauls barbershop at bedok but just a couple of days (maybe due to ramadan or smt, irdk) the fade i got wasnt satisfactory.. budget $20 pls hahaha

nichsong

Reaction score
1) Anywhere to get samples for mm or zgy madwax? mm is q costly and i dont wanna spend $40 then give it away hahaha and i bought zgy matt clay and its pretty bad but upon reading the madwax reviews here im quite tempted to try it hehe

2) any east side people here? where do yall go for cuts? i usually go to pauls barbershop at bedok but just a couple of days (maybe due to ramadan or smt, irdk) the fade i got wasnt satisfactory.. budget $20 pls hahaha

Hmm why zgy mad wax in particular

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

dammad

Master Member
Reaction score
Followed Camcretney in instagram... Was trying to see if anyone has grab hold of Cavalier Clay...

read through the last 10 pages and glad to see many still feel MM is one of the top product which i fully agree....

Started using Blumaan original styling meraki... dint really like hence got the idea of what works for others may not work for us asians... till I took a leap of faith and started using MM... Stick with it ever since (maybe a year or 2)..

Honestly... really have to try to see what suits ur needs... For me i like to touch my hair alot, hence MM works very well for me... if you are looking for extreme hold, use spray or use clay etc.. i have fren that use gel as well...

Special shoutout to GX... he recommended me to take a leap of faith to use MM... and also my shampoo.. loving them ever since... :s13:
I was in similar shoe from blumaan to mm and hasnt change yet. Blumaan doesnt work for me and sometimes i felt i am going bald cos of it when im styling.

Sent from null using GAGT

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score

hello, why are you so salty? we're all sharing our opinion. you masturbate too much to mm.

hwarong

Reaction score

1) I got both. but sadly, im not sure in getting those samples, especially for MM (do they even have it?)
For madwax, why not just buy one? its affordable though. Got mine by direct message their instagram. pretty prompt.

2) Not really sure which barbershops on the budget. Cause i always cut at those normal uncle barbershop. Spent $12 for a fade and trim. They also did the "part line" without extra cost.

Fizzable

Reaction score
nice, so any opinions to share on both? yea sure madwax is pretty affordable but not quite for a student who already has like 10 bottles of different hair products at home :spin:

but some barbershop uncles dont really understand what i want though... the other time i asked for a 1 to 2 fade the uncle gave me a straight up 1 all the way, and with my parting being higher than the singapore flyer i looked like a rooster for a good month :-(

1) I got both. but sadly, im not sure in getting those samples, especially for MM (do they even have it?)
For madwax, why not just buy one? its affordable though. Got mine by direct message their instagram. pretty prompt.

2) Not really sure which barbershops on the budget. Cause i always cut at those normal uncle barbershop. Spent $12 for a fade and trim. They also did the "part line" without extra cost.

hwarong

Reaction score
nice, so any opinions to share on both? yea sure madwax is pretty affordable but not quite for a student who already has like 10 bottles of different hair products at home :spin:

but some barbershop uncles dont really understand what i want though... the other time i asked for a 1 to 2 fade the uncle gave me a straight up 1 all the way, and with my parting being higher than the singapore flyer i looked like a rooster for a good month :-(

you can read my previous post for the experience on both :)
Dont wanna repeat my share experience cause there are people who assume that certain users here are 'paid reviews' and i don't want to insult them who worship the holy grail MM here.
See? respect guys. All love. haha.

Fizzable

Reaction score
yes read your review already.. care to share what kind of hair type you have?

you can read my previous post for the experience on both :)
Dont wanna repeat my share experience cause there are people who assume that certain users here are 'paid reviews' and i don't want to insult them who worship the holy grail MM here.
See? respect guys. All love. haha.

nichsong

Reaction score
Lol guys its actually quite obvious to see which people posting here are business owners and which are not. Like mentioned before, its a free forum so anyone can post what they want.

But at the end of the day, what we want is a healthy forum thread for people to come share information on the latest hair trends and products. It's really up to you guys if you wanna continue creating multiple new accounts to subtly "discuss" about certain products in particular.

Even if you are a business owner, I personally feel that being transparent and genuinely contributing to discussion is what helps your brand gain trust.

Shall refrain from naming anyone here, but many of us who have been posting for awhile know that there are "pioneer" business owners here who have been around for the longest time.. They are prime examples of such.

Let's all help make the forum a better place :)

evildrug

Reaction score
Lol guys its actually quite obvious to see which people posting here are business owners and which are not. Like mentioned before, its a free forum so anyone can post what they want.

But at the end of the day, what we want is a healthy forum thread for people to come share information on the latest hair trends and products. It's really up to you guys if you wanna continue creating multiple new accounts to subtly "discuss" about certain products in particular.

Even if you are a business owner, I personally feel that being transparent and genuinely contributing to discussion is what helps your brand gain trust.

Shall refrain from naming anyone here, but many of us who have been posting for awhile know that there are "pioneer" business owners here who have been around for the longest time.. They are prime examples of such.

Well said. This thread is becoming more of a war zone for businesses. :(

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I used to be part of the war before peace came.
Very honest with my practice and try to bring the best there can be to ppl here
I detest China made products and ppl try to sell them made in USA or rather formulated in USA.
Pure BS.
guys shld just stop supporting all these China made crap.
I urge all of you buy off the shelves stuff or pay abit more for legit stuff.
Better than pay peanuts and get crappy performance and later may cause hair loss or damage to your hair and scalp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.