POSB Invest Saver

seetohjwj

Master Member
Reaction score
This semi annual div damn pathetic. Hopefully Y-o-Y will be over all increase. Wait for next one just in time for cny

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This semi annual div damn pathetic. Hopefully Y-o-Y will be over all increase. Wait for next one just in time for cny

last yr semi annual div also lower than expected..but they gave higher end of yr div to compensate.. wonder whether this trend will continue ?

shangzuo

Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me, how come my money for the first month deducted, yet the holdings remain at 0?

weizilla

Reaction score
Hi guys, please double check your purchase this month.
Details of my purchase this month seems to be off.

Amount per month: $200
Price: $3.3381
Unit: 58
Net sales charge: $1.64 [Not sure why is it such a odd number. It's usually near to $2.]
Net amount invested: $198.36

$3.3381 * 58 = $193.61 [Should be able to buy 1 more unit right?]
$198.36 - $193.61 = $4.75 [Amount to be refunded?]

Called DBS hotline but they are not able to tell how much refund I'll be getting.
If they don't refund me $4.75, I will need to call them again.
In any case, I will be more interested in getting 1 more unit since I want to do DCA.

Let me know if I miscalculated.

seetohjwj

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, please double check your purchase this month.
Details of my purchase this month seems to be off.

Amount per month: $200
Price: $3.3381
Unit: 58
Net sales charge: $1.64 [Not sure why is it such a odd number. It's usually near to $2.]
Net amount invested: $198.36

$3.3381 * 58 = $193.61 [Should be able to buy 1 more unit right?]
$198.36 - $193.61 = $4.75 [Amount to be refunded?]

Called DBS hotline but they are not able to tell how much refund I'll be getting.
If they don't refund me $4.75, I will need to call them again.
In any case, I will be more interested in getting 1 more unit since I want to do DCA.

Let me know if I miscalculated.

In the past there is the refund of odd units. But it seems like there is no refund now

Last edited:

weizilla

Reaction score
In the past there is the refund of odd units. But it seems like there is no refund now

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, from my conversation with the CSO, I think there will still be refund but I just can't get my head round the odd sales charge of 0.82% [since I still see 1% for STI ETF] and the incorrect unit purchased.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone think of wan try this method?
Say this month index too high, so actually u get lesser unit right? So this month cancel the program, then next month apply again. Then will next month unit still accumulate into my 1st account?

Am I able to do like this?

Slowdown

Master Member
Reaction score
Your idea will only work if their turnaround time to process your request is 2 weeks or less. Assume the deduction is on 15th of each month. You cancel or apply on the 1st of each month. Turnaround time of 2 weeks maybe got chance to hit the deduction on 15th.

If you really trust their efficiency.........:s13:

Say this month index too high, so actually u get lesser unit right? So this month cancel the program, then next month apply again. Then will next month unit still accumulate into my 1st account?

iCuteCube

Master Member
Reaction score
Your idea will only work if their turnaround time to process your request is 2 weeks or less. Assume the deduction is on 15th of each month. You cancel or apply on the 1st of each month. Turnaround time of 2 weeks maybe got chance to hit the deduction on 15th.

If you really trust their efficiency.........:s13:

Refer back to my previous post.

I did a change on 14th 11pm..
Then on the 15th they deducted the new amount.

I am not sure about the apply and cancel part, but what I can advice based on my experience is you can reduce the amount to $100 when you think its high, and increase to $X amount when you think its low. Cheers

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score

What if next month higher still? Then what?

The whole point of DCA is to not time the market.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.