Secure your Router - DIR-868L

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
This is so strange..... what is the purpose of this ? Data collection? encourage pple to update firnware?

The T&C said is a joint effort by Dlink & Starhub.
Anyway all luckdraw always collect user information.
No harm .

Terms & Conditions

1.This lucky draw is jointly organised by D-Link International Pte Ltd (“D-Link”) & StarHub.

2.This lucky draw runs on 12 June to 15 September 2017.

3.This lucky draw is open to all StarHub subscribers only and subscribers residing in Singapore

4................etc

kennethtbh

Reaction score
can check the MTU settings are to be done at the PC or the dir-868l? if its the 868l, where do i set it? issit the part under setup > internet > manual connection setup > under the DHCP internet connection type? the current and default setting is 1500.

my speed dropped when i change the router's MTU from 1500 to 1398... hmm

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated firmware. Works as usual after.

Problem is can't login admin as password is wrong. Used the password as indicated in the video but received password error. Anyone can help?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Problem is can't login admin as password is wrong. Used the password as indicated in the video but received password error. Anyone can help?

admin password is the same as default wifi password.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Admin no need to change, or NA.
Password is required as indicated on the Router label sticker, original.

This is a new feature for future firmware updates.

Regards.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
can check the MTU settings are to be done at the PC or the dir-868l? if its the 868l, where do i set it? issit the part under setup > internet > manual connection setup > under the DHCP internet connection type? the current and default setting is 1500.

my speed dropped when i change the router's MTU from 1500 to 1398... hmm

Yes, it is under the "DHCP internet connection type"
Its weird that you experience a speed drop.
If 1500 works for you, just stick to it.
You just have to do a trial and error and find what setting is best for you.

Yes, when you upgrade to 1.09SHC, after reboot, it will prompt you for the router password. There is a Router Label sticker which is pasted at the bottom of the router. That's where you'll find your router password.

Last edited:

SandMan

Reaction score
I updated 1.09shc and all is well, except my TV can no longer connect to the wifi. Phones, laptops all connect to wifi ok. So strange...

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I updated 1.09shc and all is well, except my TV can no longer connect to the wifi. Phones, laptops all connect to wifi ok. So strange...

check your wifi channel, if using 2.4G band, change to channel 11 or lower.

SandMan

Reaction score
TV's been connected to 5Ghz band all along, now get authentication error on both bands. Anyway my 2.4G is on channel 1.
I wonder if new firmware has stricter wifi security that inadvertently blocks the TV. (tested TV LAN connection is fine but not ideal for my setup)

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently updated from 1.05SHC to 1.09SHC. Speed/signal improved about 5%. 1.05SHC was rock stable to begin with and currently 1.09SHC seems to be equally stable.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TV's been connected to 5Ghz band all along, now get authentication error on both bands. Anyway my 2.4G is on channel 1.
I wonder if new firmware has stricter wifi security that inadvertently blocks the TV. (tested TV LAN connection is fine but not ideal for my setup)
Updated firmware will set all settings to default, including SSID(s).
Phones may able to auto detect and connect.
Other devices like TV may not be auto as it could be fixed.
You have to check and do the settings on the TV itself.
Firmware update required the password, as stated on the Router sticker label, to login to Router's settings.
If you have made changes before then you have to do it again.
No other restrictions.

Sent from Xiaomi MI NOTE LTE using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.