NTU/NUS/SMU 2017-2018 Intake - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mochimchim

Reaction score
Can I still reappeal to NUS for a different course now? Is it too late? I received the rejection letter last Friday. Thanks in advance.

yuxdzx

Reaction score
I got B so I strive to go for A... well 1.5 is also slightly better.... Taking 3H2/ and GP are beyond me... Although my H2s were not supposed to be A level-bad but I just have no energy and time to retake...
I didn't study content but I got confidence, at least worth a try.

Is the $$$ really worth the *possible* 1.5 points? Retake not cheap leh, esp with the late fine somemore.

hello1506

Reaction score
Hi helping my friend to ask . If the appeal to NTU isnt successful, can reappeal to NTU again but to a different course?

i do know of a senior who got his admission and appeal rejected so he kind of reappealed and sent email to prof and chair and the admin too and he kept going for a few rounds of interview then he finally got into ntu school of science. that is what i heard of but not of anyone who reappealed into another course i mean your friend can try by probably sending email to the admin

beta93

Reaction score
thank you !!I just called them and they are transferring me to their colleague to deal with late application. I only want to take H1 because I know I cannot deal with my H2s in 4 months....😭

retake your weak subjects, don't retake your strong subject.

hello1506

Reaction score
Is the $$$ really worth the *possible* 1.5 points? Retake not cheap leh, esp with the late fine somemore.

I got B so I strive to go for A... well 1.5 is also slightly better.... Taking 3H2/ and GP are beyond me... Although my H2s were not supposed to be A level-bad but I just have no energy and time to retake...
I didn't study content but I got confidence, at least worth a try.

hey oreocold i mean i got ddd/d for my As and im retaking 3h2 and gp. i just decided end may and registered on 5 June and the exam itself with the late fees and stuff cost me $700++ i'm a local and it cost me so much already! your contrasting h1 is it a B? even if you did get A this year for your h1, the money just for the *possible* 1.5 points isn't worth it. if you want to retake and is considering, might as well you invest in the retaking of the exam (3h2 and gp) and really focus this year. I'm revisiting all my h2s topically and i found so many mistakes and silly errors and small details and content that i overlooked last year and now, im laughing at my own mistakes! man i mean I'd rather you focus this year and have your hard work paying off in a great increase in rp than to just retake h1 and just for that 1.5 points. basically, retake your weaker subject, if your h1 is B i see no reason why you wanna retake it man. if your h2s are weaker, i mean just retake it, only 4 months left we can do this!! no time and strength as in are you in NS perhaps?

Last edited:

Babybunny

Reaction score
hey oreocold i mean i got ddd/d for my As and im retaking 3h2 and gp. i just decided end may and registered on 5 June and the exam itself with the late fees and stuff cost me $700++ i'm a local and it cost me so much already! your contrasting h1 is it a B? even if you did get A this year for your h1, the money just for the *possible* 1.5 points isn't worth it. if you want to retake and is considering, might as well you invest in the retaking of the exam (3h2 and gp) and really focus this year. I'm revisiting all my h2s topically and i found so many mistakes and silly errors and small details and content that i overlooked last year and now, im laughing at my own mistakes! man i mean I'd rather you focus this year and have your hard work paying off in a great increase in rp than to just retake h1 and just for that 1.5 points. basically, retake your weaker subject, if your h1 is B i see no reason why you wanna retake it man. if your h2s are weaker, i mean just retake it, only 4 months left we can do this!! no time and strength as in are you in NS perhaps?

Yah i agree.normally ppl wanna retake h1 only,is perhaps they want perfect grades. Like straight As. Maybe if u tell me ur rp is like 74-75,u wanna push up abit more,also can. But anything lower than that rp,no point. If u decide to retake,retake all. Dont just retake h1. Because for me,i got a B for h1,what are the chances of me rly getting A in the end? What if u take alr,then super suey,get a C even worse. So dont do this to urself,want to retake,retake all. Otherwise,dont retake.

oreocold

Reaction score

No tbh I'm just afraid I will get worse in retaking A. My Guess on my bad result this time is like exam fright... and it's just four months, plus all the tuition fees that I would need to pay... also I thought it's gonna be new syllabus this year?? So basically it's like money+time+no confidence. My parents will not be willing to pay for me.

Heriophant

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, may i ask what mode of payment u all use for uni fees? Giro or cpf education scheme?

Babybunny

Reaction score
No tbh I'm just afraid I will get worse in retaking A. My Guess on my bad result this time is like exam fright... and it's just four months, plus all the tuition fees that I would need to pay... also I thought it's gonna be new syllabus this year?? So basically it's like money+time+no confidence. My parents will not be willing to pay for me.

My dear. I understand. I truly truly do cause i feel the same way as well. Idk what ur results are lah. For me,i decide not to retake cause my resulfs can go uni but i stupid af,my choices nvr put wisely. Im still waiting for my outcome. For u,if ur rp is like quite low,tbh u shld bave prepared urself beforehamd to retake liao.like mentally prepared. Not wait till this time, when ur nervously waiting for ur appeal outcome then decide on that. Idk how to advice u wisely but i rly empathise you and i suspect u are not from a rich fam also? So i rly understand ur plight. What i can say is,follow ur heart. Do what u think is right. There is no right or wrong but only forward. If u decide to retake only one subject,u gotta be mentally prepared uh. Obviously all of us wish that u can get an A but sometimes unexpected things will happen. Whateve u do,i wish you all the best ok? U got this :)

beta93

Reaction score

the syllabus mostly the same, unless it's bio and geog, else all remove some topics so they become learn less, practise more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.