[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
There seems to be an earthquake near Taiwan about 30min ago and some people at Taipei can feel it. Wonder if anyone who's at Taipei now felt it too? :D

h0neystars

Reaction score
Anyone in Taipei/ Kaohsiung now? hows the weather? still raining? heading over later this week, not sure if should switch kenting itinerary out.. raining go beach like very sian

back from taiwan last night.

when i was there from June 15-18, it rained everyday and sometimes like for more than 24 hours. Hold umbrella and visited Shifen Waterfall. Quite an experience. Ended up buying rain boots too because shoes were totally drenched with all the puddles.

19-20 (In Kaohsiung) the rain stopped and the temperature is like 31-33 degrees.

News says that temperature will hit 35 degrees in the weekend and the rain should be gone.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
back from taiwan last night.

when i was there from June 15-18, it rained everyday and sometimes like for more than 24 hours. Hold umbrella and visited Shifen Waterfall. Quite an experience. Ended up buying rain boots too because shoes were totally drenched with all the puddles.

19-20 (In Kaohsiung) the rain stopped and the temperature is like 31-33 degrees.

News says that temperature will hit 35 degrees in the weekend and the rain should be gone.
梅雨季節:May rain
Now delayed.

w3nGaL

Reaction score
I am hoping for sun in end june. Although dislike sun but hate constant rain even more

h0neystars

Reaction score
梅雨季節:May rain
Now delayed.

Yes, they kept talking about the 梅雨 every night on TV.

Hopefully it is over.

Just FYI - When I was in Tainan, it rained the entire day (rain/stop/rain/stop) and when it was about 8PM, there was no rain so we went to Wusheng Night Market. It was at an open area (machiam like open carpark) with no shelter at all. It was totally empty when we reached. A local told us that when it rains like that, usually the vendors don't open shop.

We cabbed to nearby Huayuan Night Market and (thankfully) it was open. About 40% of the shops were open but it was better than nothing.

Not sure if this is the norm for other cities.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, they kept talking about the 梅雨 every night on TV.

Hopefully it is over.

Just FYI - When I was in Tainan, it rained the entire day (rain/stop/rain/stop) and when it was about 8PM, there was no rain so we went to Wusheng Night Market. It was at an open area (machiam like open carpark) with no shelter at all. It was totally empty when we reached. A local told us that when it rains like that, usually the vendors don't open shop.

We cabbed to nearby Huayuan Night Market and (thankfully) it was open. About 40% of the shops were open but it was better than nothing.

Not sure if this is the norm for other cities.

Torrential rain, all usually stay home.
The more zek ark ones will be ordering food delivery.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was in Kaohsiung in Nov several years ago. Very hot. Got sunburnt. But weather is really unpredictable nowadays.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I was in Kaohsiung in Nov several years ago. Very hot. Got sunburnt. But weather is really unpredictable nowadays.

I agree with the unpredictable part. Best is to monitor when closer to the travel date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.