36-day-old infant dies after co-sleeping with parents

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
The presence of other sleeping people in extremely close proximity around the baby can create a suffocating atmosphere and mess with its breathing, particularly if it is a premature baby and its lungs are weak.

ok i see... thanks for the explanation. ....

dorywdti

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One. But tables have turned. Now it's risky for us to sleep same bed with her!

She has mastered the art of self Defence during the years of sleeping with your Wife, now an expert... will Attack 1st if she senses any incoming 'danger'...

shizuka_b

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got all 4 of us in the same bed. An almost-5yo sassy miss and a 1yo assh0le.

Vulpix

Reaction score
My mom saw this news and was like wtf is wrong with this couple, 2nd child dunno cannot sleep with the child in same bed. :( Oh well.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot sleep with parents one lah. Not even 6 months old when they start to roll over.

For those who are more kiasee, can use a proper baby monitor in the baby's crib.
(But pls, these are not approved locally as a medical device, though it's approved in some other countries, i warn first hor).

This sensing device is one that's developed in Israel.

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
The other common mistake parents make is leaving the baby on the bed unattended. Baby falling off the bed is a common occurrence but in most cases it's not a bad fall. But, we have heard of cases babies falling off the dinner table. That's a hard fall.

So, take great care.

Tobecontinue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. Baby need to be extra careful no matter how lazy u used to be. I used to wake up every 1 - 2 hours just to check on my baby in the cot. Tedious yes but it's my responsibility

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. Baby need to be extra careful no matter how lazy u used to be. I used to wake up every 1 - 2 hours just to check on my baby in the cot. Tedious yes but it's my responsibility

If baby is at higher risk of SIDS (for whatever reason), is useless one....4 pax take turns 24/7 check every 5 mins also no use.

Only way to deal with that at home is a proper baby monitor. One that detects movement due to breathing.

Big Eyes!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The other common mistake parents make is leaving the baby on the bed unattended. Baby falling off the bed is a common occurrence but in most cases it's not a bad fall. But, we have heard of cases babies falling off the dinner table. That's a hard fall.

So, take great care.

Why would anyone put a baby on the dining table?!

Coatedhaws

Reaction score
It is such a hard blow for any parents, waited so long to meet their baby and now the baby is gone so soon.

Evvvel

Reaction score
Even sleep in sarong, I think quite dangerous. My baby fell out of the sarong before.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.