Philip securities

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone open an account with Philip securities to purchase usa stock.

any pro and con?

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They're too expensive for US stocks. $20 USD per trade is way too much to pay.

i read that Standard chartered is requires lowest comm (0.18%) for trading SG stocks, but
which is a good singapore based broker for trading US stocks ? at lower commission?

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i read that Standard chartered is requires lowest comm (0.18%) for trading SG stocks, but
which is a good singapore based broker for trading US stocks ? at lower commission?

If you're specifically punting US stocks (don't forget ye olde dividende withholdinge taxe), you'll want to look at the US-based brokers. Interactive Brokers is the obvious pick because of the rock-bottom commissions and margin rates, but I think ETrade and TD Ameritrade have presence in Singapore as well.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you're specifically punting US stocks (don't forget ye olde dividende withholdinge taxe), you'll want to look at the US-based brokers. Interactive Brokers is the obvious pick because of the rock-bottom commissions and margin rates, but I think ETrade and TD Ameritrade have presence in Singapore as well.

i use Lim Tan and Standared Chartered for local stocks

i have tried to use IB a few years back but the platform is quite confusing... i intend to trade small amount and am looking at local banks (although commission is higher than foreign brokers).. but am unsure which one is the better one

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im looking at purchasing AMD stock which there only 2 company in sg that available.

Philip sec > usd @20 in buy/sell

another company i forget the name > draw on percentage amount on the stock u buy/sell

Unless there other company...

antonpoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just a question on this same topic.

POEMS charge US$20 per trade + other misc minimal fees.
Aren't other local bank brokers the same? DBS V, OCBC, UOB?

any difference among the local brokers offering US market trades?

af7680

Reaction score
Hello all
Phillips security account allows us to buy korean stocks listed in Korea ?

af7680

Reaction score
My order to buy es3 using CPF was not filled last friday via Philip security poem.
But noticed that order status does not show as expired. It was still "received" at 8pm on friday. My understanding is it should be expired after market closed. So i manually 'withdraw' my order and now it shows as "pending withdrawl ". Is it normal to be like this ?

Reaction score
1. InteractiveBrokers: absolutely best price
2. Saxo: good prices and much nicer/easier interface than IB

Not sure why you would use anything else if you want to trade US stocks. If you want to trade some of the markets which you cannot find on IB/Saxo, I can understand (e.g. Indonesian stock).

24thchromosome

Reaction score
Digging up this old thread as its the only one on Philip securities.

Anyone currently using POEMS cash plus account under privilege tier? How do you find it so far?

In my due diligence comparing all the low-cost brokers, this came up to be the most cost effective for specifically trading SGX stocks, ETFs and otc bonds.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.