Question on KEF Active speakers

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://us.kef.com/product-support

Update info is in the link. I am having the right speaker unable to detect the left speaker issue since yesterday (power icon keep flashing), even after the update. Cant find any info from the web, will need to call them to check on this issue.

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

Wah so fast got problem.. doesn't instill confidence especially since I was planning to pick it up this week lol

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm more interested in how that happens... like why put the feature to detect whether the slave speaker is there instead of dumbly sending the analog signal like everyone else. Or why have the balance control on the slave speaker.

And why can it even be solved by firmware.
4. Fixed potential left speaker no output issue

Wah so fast got problem.. doesn't instill confidence especially since I was planning to pick it up this week lol

It is said that the highest-end sports cars usually have the highest failure rates because they have low production qty.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm more interested in how that happens... like why put the feature to detect whether the slave speaker is there instead of dumbly sending the analog signal like everyone else. Or why have the balance control on the slave speaker.

And why can it even be solved by firmware.
4. Fixed potential left speaker no output issue

It is said that the highest-end sports cars usually have the highest failure rates because they have low production qty.

True. It's statistics I guess. The right and left sneakers are connected by a LAN cable instead of regular speaker cable from what I saw at the showroom.

Koma75

Reaction score
"The LS50 Wireless comes with a high quality gold-plated shielded Cat-6 cable" taken from their website.

The problem is intermediate, you can hear a pop sound from right speaker and the power icon starts to flash.

Called and need to bring the speakers down myself..if they come and take back will charge transportation fee...

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If it's a normal cat-6 i.e. LAN cable you can try to use another LAN cable

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Picked up my speakers today. Sounds real sweet though I probably need to do 2 things:

1.get some speaker stands lol
2. Dampen my living room a bit more. Maybe get a rug. The eq adjustment helps somewhat though :)

Koma75

Reaction score
I was there about 3pm yesterday to send in the speakers. Need to leave them there as the problem never occur in the shop, but I showed them the fault that I video.

You can consider isoascoustic iso L8R155 speaker stands, I am using them

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was there about 3pm yesterday to send in the speakers. Need to leave them there as the problem never occur in the shop, but I showed them the fault that I video.

You can consider isoascoustic iso L8R155 speaker stands, I am using them

I mentioned that someone on the forum was having issues and he pointed out your speakers at the shop :)

Thanks, I'm going over to check out the Atacama stands today to see how they are. How much and where did you get your Isoacoustics for?

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the Atacama Nexus 6i in the end. Filled the centre column with atabites and have the option of filling one of the two back columns with sand.

The spikes are placed on 20 cent coins. Some impressions:

1. Will need to test again at higher volume, but initial Impression is that the bass seems a little less than when it was placed on wooden stools before I got the stands. Will try different placement angles

2. The stands have a bit of wobble when I shake the speaker a little. Is this normal? Quite sure I tightened all the nuts and bolts properly

3. Comparing before and after I filled the Atabites into the centre column, the bass improved (tighter). Wondering what effect if I also fill up the back column with sand? Only 1 can be filled as the other one has holes for running cables through

4. Speakers point straight and not toed in. Will play around to see if it helps with the imaging a bit better

Koma75

Reaction score
just to update on my speakers issue, speakers were sent back to HK but they cannot replica the problem over there. Lucky, the same problem happened in the Adelphi shop and witnessed by the staff.

Dragged till now and I asked for a refund or replacement and they agree to a replacement.

Hope the new speakers won't give me anymore problems.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to update on my speakers issue, speakers were sent back to HK but they cannot replica the problem over there. Lucky, the same problem happened in the Adelphi shop and witnessed by the staff.

Dragged till now and I asked for a refund or replacement and they agree to a replacement.

Oh dear that took a while. Hope you won't have anymore issues man

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I always feel intimidated at Adelphi. Last time i asked how much denon m40. They say around S$500. Then i managed to buy from Audiohouse at S$379.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

have your issues been resolved yet?

quantumhz

Reaction score

When does your 1 year warranty start then? From the time of your first speaker or the time of your replacement speaker? The 1 year warranty is short, so best not to assume. Do check & let us know.

Enjoy the Kefs

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.