*OFFICIAL* Standard Chartered Bank Online Equities Trading

webdeveloper

Reaction score
I see. Thank you. Guess I will try out other brokerage pre funded account then. Min $10 commission.

can try dbs vickers. tiagong they will have more promotion after this month promotion end. currently i trying to use FSMOne. i just recently closed my SCB account due to not ready to trade in oversea market and dun wan to lock my 1k in the account.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can try dbs vickers. tiagong they will have more promotion after this month promotion end. currently i trying to use FSMOne. i just recently closed my SCB account due to not ready to trade in oversea market and dun wan to lock my 1k in the account.

FSMOne is custodian only?

sgbsgb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have a qn to ask. Only stumple onto this thread recently and was shocked to learnt that dash acc was able to trf to trading settlement acc. I do not like the idea of my $$ trapped in esaver acc. Would like to check if anybody here is still using a dash acc w/o esaver acc to faciliate trading acc? Thank you.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

lbs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have a qn to ask. Only stumple onto this thread recently and was shocked to learnt that dash acc was able to trf to trading settlement acc. I do not like the idea of my $$ trapped in esaver acc. Would like to check if anybody here is still using a dash acc w/o esaver acc to faciliate trading acc? Thank you.

i am
but for new comers, i doubt you will be able to do that anymore.

However, i understand you are able to transfer directly from your other bank accounts to your SCB settlement account. I wasn't able to do that in the past but managed to do it recently.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes you can, but scb no longer offers new dash savings a/c.

sgbsgb

Reaction score
i am
but for new comers, i doubt you will be able to do that anymore.

However, i understand you are able to transfer directly from your other bank accounts to your SCB settlement account. I wasn't able to do that in the past but managed to do it recently.

Yes you can, but scb no longer offers new dash savings a/c.

Thank you guys for yr valuable info.

gigabtye

Reaction score
For scb online trading, I need a USD account to trade for IWDA London right?

Why isen't it in GBP since its listed on London stock exchange?

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
For scb online trading, I need a USD account to trade for IWDA London right?

Why isen't it in GBP since its listed on London stock exchange?

Yes, you'd need a USD settlement account.

If you want the GBP version (or GBX, pence, if you're nitpicking), then the ticker symbol is SWDA.

However, since you are using SCB, the reason to not buy SWDA is the GBP/SGD exchange rate sucks much more than the USD/SGD. I read somewhere it is due to double conversion (SGD->USD->GBP) so you get hit by bad fx twice in a single direction.

And the listed stock does not need to be denominated in the host exchange's country currency, just as you can find USD denominated stocks in SGX. In fact, three of them (NS8U, H78, J36) are part of the 30-stock Straits Times Index.

gigabtye

Reaction score
Yes, you'd need a USD settlement account.

If you want the GBP version (or GBX, pence, if you're nitpicking), then the ticker symbol is SWDA.

However, since you are using SCB, the reason to not buy SWDA is the GBP/SGD exchange rate sucks much more than the USD/SGD. I read somewhere it is due to double conversion (SGD->USD->GBP) so you get hit by bad fx twice in a single direction.

And the listed stock does not need to be denominated in the host exchange's country currency, just as you can find USD denominated stocks in SGX. In fact, three of them (NS8U, H78, J36) are part of the 30-stock Straits Times Index.

Thank you for the clear explanation!

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
StandChart platform is totally unusable for me ever since they removed the stop loss order

I have moved on to vickers and CMC

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just recently opened a SCB trading acc. just for buying STI, so far reading all the previous post it still seems that SCB is the best option right? I'm planning to get about 4-5k one lump sum, then maybe 9 months to a year later another 4-5k into STI again.

New to putting money into trading/investment, would appreciate all the old birds' input.

Thank you very much!

ok. dont know if other reply u liao anot..

u see ah.. if u put $5k on Jan, then another $5k on oct. then what is your plan? the gap in between when u buy in again is too big. unless you know what u r doing, no point leaving a big gap period of months then buy again.

oAkEn86

Reaction score
Thinking of buying iwda through SC. Went into the trading platform and it says I need to set up a settlement account that trade in the currency.

I saw they have this usd high account and fcy$aver. Usd high account appears to be able to deposit usd directly. Anyone have idea which is the correct account and if usd high account is the most suitable one?

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying iwda through SC. Went into the trading platform and it says I need to set up a settlement account that trade in the currency.

I saw they have this usd high account and fcy$aver. Usd high account appears to be able to deposit usd directly. Anyone have idea which is the correct account and if usd high account is the most suitable one?

even if you have a usd high account you still need to open a usd settlement account. You can then fund the usd settlement account using your usd high account or any sgd account (will be converted to usd at the bank's conversion rate).

High account is only for priority customers I believe.

kennethtbh

Reaction score
even if you have a usd high account you still need to open a usd settlement account. You can then fund the usd settlement account using your usd high account or any sgd account (will be converted to usd at the bank's conversion rate).

yes high acct is only for priority customers. if not i would have opened one too.

oAkEn86

Reaction score

i see... thanks thanks. so I can open a usd settlement account and then transfer money from my esaver over? Or technically I dont even need to open a usd settlement account?

Cause i cant seem to find the option of transferring in as USD instead of SGD.

w4rdsg

Reaction score

I have been using fcy$saver to deposit USD which I then transfer to my settlement account. Works fine except need to maintain a minimum balance. No currency conversions required.

w4rdsg

Reaction score
i see... thanks thanks. so I can open a usd settlement account and then transfer money from my esaver over? Or technically I dont even need to open a usd settlement account?

Cause i cant seem to find the option of transferring in as USD instead of SGD.

You need to go into a branch to activate US trading and open a USD settlement account.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.