HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought an Asus X370 Prime pro as well and it cannot post. I checked online and they say the bios version is likely wrong.

May I know how you solved this issue?
Where did you got it from? Exchange for a new one. Mine work out of the box.
Hi guys,

My temps using the stock cooler is too high for my liking. What AIO r you using? Seems like not many have AM4 brackets.
How hardcore you oc? Cannot be overheating at all with settings like mine on the right.

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

orbvius

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear thunderlord :s34:

make a linux mint bootable usb run GSAT will solve the headaches for checking memory stability compared to memtest on windows.

Can use a tool like rufus on github to put the iso on a flash drive. If no errors good liao.

Sounds cool. I'm like so out of touch :o

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gsat throws out errors much faster. :o

Doing the entire process from preparing ur flash drive, it will still complete quicker than what you normally need for hci memtest.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whats the max voltage ryzen can go?
currently at 1.45v,
not for daily usage, for validation only.
wants to overtake amdk :o

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whats the max voltage ryzen can go?
currently at 1.45v,
not for daily usage, for validation only.
wants to overtake amdk :o
1.45V is the max you should go. Any further if brick, AMD don't cover your anymore. I'm running 1.275 for daily use. You can try higher as long as your cooling can take it for you to push the GHz higher. Although the electricity ain't worth it.

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm maybe wait till last day then overtake him then lol, he already went full suicide squad mode.

Mrdespo

Reaction score
Yo for ryzen 1600 what is the rough voltage required to hit 3.7/8ghz? And what is the safe cpu temp? As well as thr limit thanks!

Oh and also how long do u have to run the stress test before u determine its stable

Hardcor3Zoner

Reaction score
Hi guys,

may I noe whether gigabyte AB350m gaming 3 has secure boot in the bios as even though I enabled win10 in bios, I still cant find it.

For those who are having the same mobo as me, does it comes with 4 or 2 sata cable as I only found 2 in it but the manual states 4?

Thanks ^^

idjekyll

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Thinking about getting a 1600 or 1600x for just gaming. Going with 8 gb rams and reusing my 980ti till it dies. 650 PSU enough right? Also, what's a good mid budget B350 chipset package can I get for about $600 or so?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Thinking about getting a 1600 or 1600x for just gaming. Going with 8 gb rams and reusing my 980ti till it dies. 650 PSU enough right? Also, what's a good mid budget B350 chipset package can I get for about $600 or so?

Hold on,
for just gaming

Get Intel still. Get an OC-able chip and you're golden. AMD can't beat Intel when it comes to gaming still.

OR else, get 1600 and a Gigabyte B350M-Gaming 3.

Edit: Ignore what I recommended. You have a Full ATX Tower Case. Get ATX Board.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm holding back on Ryzen due to ram speed issues.

Thinking of R5 1600 (no overclock) + Asus X370/B350 + 2x8GB Ddr4.

If I'm aiming for 2400-2666 mhz ram, what should I get that works right out of the box? There is no time to test settings or run stress testing for XX hours to ensure it's stable. It has to simply work once I plug everything in.

Thanks

Psycovirus

Reaction score
What would be the Intel equivalent?

i7-4970k :p

Your Intel CPU is still very relevant in gaming today. I think changing it to R5 1600 would be a downgrade for gaming if you do not use any productivity softwares.

Hi,

I'm holding back on Ryzen due to ram speed issues.

Thinking of R5 1600 (no overclock) + Asus X370/B350 + 2x8GB Ddr4.

If I'm aiming for 2400-2666 mhz ram, what should I get that works right out of the box? There is no time to test settings or run stress testing for XX hours to ensure it's stable. It has to simply work once I plug everything in.

Thanks

If you do not overclock or use SLI, X370 is pointless. Go for Asus B350-Plus, really great Mobo.

For memory, Motherboard manufacturers will always provide Memory QvL lists where by you can identify compatible memory easily. Example, Asus B350-Plus Memory QvL PDF

Most RAMs should reach rated speeds with the latest BIOS updates so do not worry. Fairly Plug and Play.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.