The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
wah shiok sia free sample HAHA

Yeap didn't expect them to contact me too. But the jars are actually really tiny, maybe enough for only 5 times use max. But at least I get to to test them, so no complaints there. Will let all know about my experience after I've tried them out thoroughly.

Fizzable

Reaction score
no issues bro, i wanted to try it out as a prestyler too

Yes you are right. MM does not work well as a prestyler.
Apologies for the wrong info previously.

any recommendations for prestylers to achieve lightweight volume?

nichsong

Reaction score

Sea Salt Spray for lightweight hold, big volume and oil absorption properties.

By Vilain Sidekick for a slightly more heavy, high volume structured finish with a stronger hold than SSS.

Its up to personal preference, I love both.

Fizzable

Reaction score
which one gives more volume? ive been using smooth which has been pretty decent as a prestyler but it leaves hair feeling straw-like and its quite sticky while blowdrying. anyone can provide a comparison between the 2 and smooth?

Sea Salt Spray for lightweight hold, big volume and oil absorption properties.

By Vilain Sidekick for a slightly more heavy, high volume structured finish with a stronger hold than SSS.

Its up to personal preference, I love both.

nichsong

Reaction score
which one gives more volume? ive been using smooth which has been pretty decent as a prestyler but it leaves hair feeling straw-like and its quite sticky while blowdrying. anyone can provide a comparison between the 2 and smooth?

If u want serious poof go for SSS. Original works ok for me as a prestyler for short hair, but once it grows out it isn't as effective.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I so far only tried OS FASHION SEA SPRAY & By Vilain Sidekick. I take turn with them & depending on the mood also. OS tends to be drier.

nichsong

Reaction score
I so far only tried OS FASHION SEA SPRAY & By Vilain Sidekick. I take turn with them & depending on the mood also. OS tends to be drier.

What he said! OS, or any SSS for that matter. Because of their oil absorbent properties, they tend to dry out the hair alil esp when used a few days consecutively. Be sure to implement a moisturiser or similar hair treatment procedure into your routine to balance it out.

Fizzable

Reaction score
wah lazy sia HAHA maybe ill just get sidekick... any comparison between smooth/original and sidekick? does sidekick wash out easily?

What he said! OS, or any SSS for that matter. Because of their oil absorbent properties, they tend to dry out the hair alil esp when used a few days consecutively. Be sure to implement a moisturiser or similar hair treatment procedure into your routine to balance it out.

nichsong

Reaction score
oh one last question does it become sticky after blowdrying? because if after blowdrying cannot run hand through like abit lame HAHA

Nope no issues with me at all. I think it's a good buy esp if you're going for high volume styles. Pairs well with your newly bought Morris. I have a bottle myself too tho I seldom pre style nowadays as my hair is much shorter. Just throw in some Morris and I'm good to go

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nichsong have you tried REF 323 Sea Salt Spray? If so, how would you compare against sidekick?

nichsong

Reaction score
nichsong have you tried REF 323 Sea Salt Spray? If so, how would you compare against sidekick?

Yeah I have ref323. Haha as compared to OS it's less drying. The finish leans more to a natural matte instead of a drier matte like OS. In terms of hold it is also slightly weaker.

It's different from sidekick ah haha. Hard to compare the two as they have very different properties. If u like what OS gives but want a alil change, u could look into ref323.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have ref323. Haha as compared to OS it's less drying. The finish leans more to a natural matte instead of a drier matte like OS. In terms of hold it is also slightly weaker.

It's different from sidekick ah haha. Hard to compare the two as they have very different properties. If u like what OS gives but want a alil change, u could look into ref323.

OK. Thanks

Fizzable

Reaction score
volume wise?

hwarong

Reaction score
what do you mean by poofy? i tried using a mousse but nothing happened to my hair HAHA

You know... theres blumaan videos on youtube that helps on these areas. I mean its pretty plain and vague to explain everything in text here. LOL! :D

Heartyman

Reaction score
so ive been using mm for almost 2 weeks and its rly a fantastic product, strong hold, nice scent, easy to wash off. only had 2 issues with it.
1) its so pliable when you style with it it doesnt give a fixed structure, but yea its a trade off

2) it sucks as a prestyler dont ever use it as a prestyler, you're wasting the product imo. waaaay more worth to use as a post styler.

thanks to the bros who asked me to try mm again, loving it now :)

:s12:Yes MM is one of the best product in the market right now. But if you prefer a lower cost option, try baxter of california next time. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.