SNES Classic announced, and we probably can't get one.

Vulpix

Reaction score
packshot.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

Who attempting to buy and get instantly disappointed because of lack of stock? :s13:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The SNES Classic's controller cables are two feet longer than the NES Classic
it will include a cord that’s around five feet long, two feet longer than the NES. That’s somewhat on the short side, but still a decent improvement — though of course there will likely be some aftermarket wireless options after the system launches in September.
5ft = 1.52m

US side game list
The full list of games included on the SNES Classic follows:

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island

Japan side
super_famicom_mini.jpg

00000703_02.0.jpg

Here are the games on Japan’s Super NES Classic Edition
The Japanese release of the Nintendo Classic Mini Super Famicom includes Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyūshutsu Emaki (aka Legend of the Mystical Ninja); Panel de Pon, which came stateside as Tetris Attack; Super Formation Soccer (aka Super Soccer); and Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem. The mini Super Famicom will also ship with a different Street Fighter game: Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers instead of Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting.

Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
F-Zero
Final Fantasy 6
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Kirby Super Star
Mega Man X
Panel de Pon
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Super Soccer
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
The Super Famicom design definitely much nicer

but i want US english games :s13:

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Kirby_Super_Star_Coverart.png

so technically that is 21 + 7 = 28 games :crazy:

the front of the SNES/SFC ports are not plug-able. jus for show :s13:

Last edited:

lycheehello

Suspended
Reaction score
it wasn't that difficult for me to get the NES classic.....think the shortage hit US market the worst.....Singapore still ok

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NES release price was $180, now pple lelong at $35 (not by maxsoft, maybe parelle importer) real funny.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
it wasn't that difficult for me to get the NES classic.....think the shortage hit US market the worst.....Singapore still ok
Looking at reviews and streamings, the NES one is quite unplayable. Firstly the controller cable is super super short, you have to buy third party extension. This SNES one has longer cable but still very short.

The NES mini has super super tiny controller (imagine big adult hands holding a matchbox), which is very hard to use, especially the d-pad. If you have to press in any diagonal direction, gg liao. The SNES controllers at least has rounded shape, which helped in the life size console but the NES controller's sharp corners wasn't much of a problem in the mini size version. I expect the same issues with this, again especially the d-pad, due to the tiny size.

Marukoban

Reaction score
Looking at reviews and streamings, the NES one is quite unplayable. Firstly the controller cable is super super short, you have to buy third party extension. This SNES one has longer cable but still very short.

The NES mini has super super tiny controller (imagine big adult hands holding a matchbox), which is very hard to use, especially the d-pad. If you have to press in any diagonal direction, gg liao. The SNES controllers at least has rounded shape, which helped in the life size console but the NES controller's sharp corners wasn't much of a problem in the mini size version. I expect the same issues with this, again especially the d-pad, due to the tiny size.

I doubt many people buy this one to play games.
It is mostly a collector item.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I doubt many people buy this one to play games.
It is mostly a collector item.
Ya, I am quite sure all these NES and SNES mini games, together with their emulator systems (which offer save-anywhere, visual filters etc), will become part of the Switch's network subscription monthly free games. So people don't need to actually play them on these miniature novelties (there are already many emulators and ROMs around anyway, if people really want to play the games).

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Games are fixed? As in can't be upgraded to add in more games?

mliolukiye

Reaction score
I think you are referring to Famicom Mini (Jap) as the controllers are really super small cos they are docked on system which is already miniaturized.

On the other hand, NES Classic mini controllers are regular sized.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which means if you buy the uglier NA versions you get better controllers?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.