Malaysia prepaid card

znltan

Reaction score
*100#
Chose 00 Main Menu
Choose 8 *100#

Above normally happens when we're roaming back here.

Looks like they've tweaked the menu... and *122# doesn't work for you?

OK...

Saw this on their website:
Out of Malaysia? Call *123# from your mobile or dial +603 7492 2123 from other phone for assistance.
https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/support.html

Otherwise you can join the Maxis Forum - link on their website - and PM their CSO from there. :)
Thank you for the help.

"*100#
Chose 00 Main Menu
Choose 8 *100#"

Tried after entering 16 digit (on RM5 reload ticket) and it shows "Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

"*122# doesn't work for you?"

Tried *122# SEND (USSD code) but it just shows (USSD code running) follow by "Service not available. Perkhidmatan ini tidak disediakan. Pls call/Sila dail 123".

"Saw this on their website:
Out of Malaysia? Call *123# from your mobile or dial +603 7492 2123 from other phone for assistance.
https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/support.html"

Tried *123# SEND from my mobile. Pickup return call and the call ended.

Noted, i will join Maxis, Hotlink forum to PM their CSO. Thanks for the help provided so far.

29Leap

Reaction score
Hi all I have a prepaid with digi. However it has expired but within the 180 days. Meaning if I topup now I can use again. But I need to visit the nearest petrol kiosk to topup which after that I do not know what to press to activate it again.

Any kind soul here can advise what number to dial for data activation ?

semap1972

Reaction score
Not sure what is your Digi plan. But most Digi plan I know needs to be top up within 75 days. Hence, high chance that your existing prepaid card is no longer usable.

Hi all I have a prepaid with digi. However it has expired but within the 180 days. Meaning if I topup now I can use again. But I need to visit the nearest petrol kiosk to topup which after that I do not know what to press to activate it again.

Any kind soul here can advise what number to dial for data activation ?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, it'll be easier if you can identify which prepaid type yours is.

Anyway, the grace period for Best is 75 days, and Live is 90 days, IIRC.

blaz3007

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone have any idea if its possible to have multiple msia prepaid sim cards from the same telcom?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, up to 10.

I believe is total of 10, regardless of same or different telcos.

I counted and counted... think I've more than 10, though. :s13:

But yes, to answer the original question, I've more than 1 card from each of the main telcos... even MVNO Tron. (Gave up 1 of 2 TuneTalk ones.)

kitkat2

Reaction score
I believe is total of 10, regardless of same or different telcos.

I counted and counted... think I've more than 10, though. :s13:

But yes, to answer the original question, I've more than 1 card from each of the main telcos... even MVNO Tron. (Gave up 1 of 2 TuneTalk ones.)

10 per telco. it's usually mentioned in the tnc. dont think the malaysians can track across telcos yet.

jarodjj

Reaction score
I have a malaysia prepaid card with about RM10 inside.

Anybody who wants to borrow, can PM me.

martintylor

Reaction score
Mid May I went JB and used the $1 to make active my digi Best. But last sat when I went in, cannot register to the network. The digi staff cannot find my no. in the database, said my line is suspended. I thought grace period is 75 days :(

Now I have to get a new card. Is XOX good or I should go back to digi?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mid May I went JB and used the $1 to make active my digi Best. But last sat when I went in, cannot register to the network. The digi staff cannot find my no. in the database, said my line is suspended. I thought grace period is 75 days :(

AFAIK, a line being "suspended" is equivalent to "grace period" or "inactive period". After these 75 days, the line will be "terminated".

Have you logged into your account either with the MyDigi app or via their website with a browser, to check the exact status?

If there's credit in your account, you can also do the 1-day SLL subscription via these 2 means.

martintylor

Reaction score
AFAIK, a line being "suspended" is equivalent to "grace period" or "inactive period". After these 75 days, the line will be "terminated".

Have you logged into your account either with the MyDigi app or via their website with a browser, to check the exact status?

If there's credit in your account, you can also do the 1-day SLL subscription via these 2 means.

Login to Digi app using my email: No valid number returned from CONNECT.
Guess no. is terminated

Anywhere near city sq can get Digi Best at RRP?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Login to Digi app using my email: No valid number returned from CONNECT.
Guess no. is terminated

Anywhere near city sq can get Digi Best at RRP?

So you got into your MyDigi account which shows your other particulars but not a valid Digi number in the list?

In and around City Square, I've not personally seen any dealer selling Digi prepaid packs at RRP. Maybe out in the shophouses, I won't know as I've yet explored those.

Via 2nd Link, if you take the Causeway Link bus to Giant Nusa Bestari (opposite Tesco Bukit Indah), you can get it either from Giant or the dealer on the ground floor.

(If you've indeed reactivated your Digi Best card in May, I can't understand why it's terminated now. One more avenue that I can think of at the moment, is to PM one of the Digi staff in Digi Community - http://community.digi.com.my/ - to check for you.)

Last edited:

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using Malaysia sim card on board those cruises to Malaysia? Will it works in the open water?

martintylor

Reaction score
So you got into your MyDigi account which shows your other particulars but not a valid Digi number in the list?

In and around City Square, I've not personally seen any dealer selling Digi prepaid packs at RRP. Maybe out in the shophouses, I won't know as I've yet explored those.

Via 2nd Link, if you take the Causeway Link bus to Giant Nusa Bestari (opposite Tesco Bukit Indah), you can get it either from Giant or the dealer on the ground floor.

(If you've indeed reactivated your Digi Best card in May, I can't understand why it's terminated now. One more avenue that I can think of at the moment, is to PM one of the Digi staff in Digi Community - http://community.digi.com.my/ - to check for you.)

I got the msg when I login via the digi app. Din see other info.
Thanks had drop them a msg in the community

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

XOX for your convenience. Don't have to go the shop everytime you visit msia. Can make phone calls. Apply data when you need it.

efreelancer

Reaction score
Digi or hotlink better? Digi need 39rm to buy. Hotlink need only 10rm. But hotlink everytime machine down leh cannot buy lol

youhsueh

Reaction score
Digi or hotlink better? Digi need 39rm to buy. Hotlink need only 10rm. But hotlink everytime machine down leh cannot buy lol

Personally prefer Hotlink. Extremely prompt customer service over FB "Ask Hotlink".

Digi customer service isn't that great. Tends to ignore message over FB and Twitter. Have to call them to resolve simple issues. But, Digi (daily) plans are more affordable compared to Hotlink.

I guess you're referring to the Maxis/Hotlink shop at JB City Sq? Their system have been down since last year lol. You can visit Komtar JBCC's Hotlink store but they require minimum purchase of a top-up card and plan (around RM28-38).

efreelancer

Reaction score
Personally prefer Hotlink. Extremely prompt customer service over FB "Ask Hotlink".

Digi customer service isn't that great. Tends to ignore message over FB and Twitter. Have to call them to resolve simple issues. But, Digi (daily) plans are more affordable compared to Hotlink.

I guess you're referring to the Maxis/Hotlink shop at JB City Sq? Their system have been down since last year lol. You can visit Komtar JBCC's Hotlink store but they require minimum purchase of a top-up card and plan (around RM28-38).

Yeh Maxis/Hotlink shop at JB City Sq cannot buy lol. Cannot get those 8-10rm prepaid sim at shops after clearing JB custom?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.