Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok yesterday was too shag to do the review.

ordered this from Cold Engine...

Daikin inverter system 3 - $2850 (3 ticks)
3MKS71FSG/FTKS25DVMx 3

kZGdOFd.jpg

Waited about nearly a month for them to come to install. It's worth the wait cos of their workmanship.

The installers came at 10am as promised, worked till about 6pm...

they are very friendly and they know their product well when asked about it.

they removed the old systems then install the new pipings with a larger trunking...then install the new one

xlCAXwx.jpg

cg96Yo3.jpg

bYnrYqO.jpg

NUIfg64.jpg

Fhx2ST4.jpg

These are the new trunkings laid

LqRT4YK.jpg

66W9mk4.jpg

after they finished the installation, they did touch up and patch back the holes in the wall then they sweep and clean up the drill dust and debris, push back my beds and furnitures for me.

Overall, i find their service is way better than i have seen so far. cos other company usually rush to finish so that end work early.... but for ColdEngine, they take their time to do job which i find is good.

Thanks for those who recommended Cold Engine.

brightside

Reaction score
Looking for Air Con solution for my resale flat. No air con installed at all, 5room with open kitchen concept.

ID recommended 3 x 9k BTU for bed rooms and 1 x 24k BTU for living. She suggested going with a 28k BTU compressor, or upgrading to a 38k BTU compressor.

Any thoughts?

Just worried that if i turn on all 3 rooms at the same time, thats 27k BTU, will the 28k BTU compressor be able to take it?

ZEEmonster

Reaction score
ok yesterday was too shag to do the review.

ordered this from Cold Engine...

Daikin inverter system 3 - $2850 (3 ticks)
3MKS71FSG/FTKS25DVMx 3

kZGdOFd.jpg

Waited about nearly a month for them to come to install. It's worth the wait cos of their workmanship.

The installers came at 10am as promised, worked till about 6pm...

they are very friendly and they know their product well when asked about it.

they removed the old systems then install the new pipings with a larger trunking...then install the new one

xlCAXwx.jpg

cg96Yo3.jpg

bYnrYqO.jpg

NUIfg64.jpg

Fhx2ST4.jpg

These are the new trunkings laid

LqRT4YK.jpg

66W9mk4.jpg

after they finished the installation, they did touch up and patch back the holes in the wall then they sweep and clean up the drill dust and debris, push back my beds and furnitures for me.

Overall, i find their service is way better than i have seen so far. cos other company usually rush to finish so that end work early.... but for ColdEngine, they take their time to do job which i find is good.

Thanks for those who recommended Cold Engine.

Thanks for the review bro, gives me more confidence to engage them! Did they use a single insulation for each single copper pipe?

sunshinelifee

Reaction score
For an old apartment, the internal pipes are about 8 years old already. Is it advisable to change them? Or flush and reuse them?

ZEEmonster

Reaction score
sorry what do you mean by that ?

Haha, this is a technical feedback based on some reviews. Apparently some air con installers wrap two copper pipes together when doing the insulation, probably to save the insulation materials. That's why it's good to check on this as well.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, this is a technical feedback based on some reviews. Apparently some air con installers wrap two copper pipes together when doing the insulation, probably to save the insulation materials. That's why it's good to check on this as well.

oh no, they are using 1 pipe 1 insulator.

u can see it in this pic....there is a copper pipe stick out =:p

Fhx2ST4.jpg

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah bro, looking at daikin system 3 too, is it those upgraded insulation?

How is this system overall? Noise? The price seems good

Sent from ..... using GAGT

aiyo the daikin promo just over....that time got this

noise ? what noise ? overall have to wait cos takes time to know if this model is good or not..

Code:
May Promo 2017 Package
** $100 discount for system 3
** Free Site Survey
** Free 1 trip installation
** Free upgrade to G22 copper pipe (Thickness and Hardness gas piping)
** Free upgrade to half inch Armaflex Insulation for copper pipe.

brightside

Reaction score
Looking for Air Con solution for my resale flat. No air con installed at all, 5room with open kitchen concept.

ID recommended 3 x 9k BTU for bed rooms and 1 x 24k BTU for living. She suggested going with a 28k BTU compressor, or upgrading to a 38k BTU compressor.

Any thoughts?

Just worried that if i turn on all 3 rooms at the same time, thats 27k BTU, will the 28k BTU compressor be able to take it?

Bump, any thoughts or advice?

brightside

Reaction score
Turn on 3 rooms will not be having any issue since all rooms is 9k btu.

However if you on living room + 1 of the room, the btu will be going down.

If i turn on 3 rooms in the long run, will the compressor be able to take it? Or is it better to buffer?

Hang_Terra

Reaction score
aiyo the daikin promo just over....that time got this

noise ? what noise ? overall have to wait cos takes time to know if this model is good or not..

Code:
May Promo 2017 Package
** $100 discount for system 3
** Free Site Survey
** Free 1 trip installation
** Free upgrade to G22 copper pipe (Thickness and Hardness gas piping)
** Free upgrade to half inch Armaflex Insulation for copper pipe.
Their Daikin promo should still be on? I think the only thing that ended was the extended warranty by the manufacturer for the FCU.

smoothtalker

Reaction score
Thanks for the review bro, gives me more confidence to engage them! Did they use a single insulation for each single copper pipe?

if you look at the blower side, the gas pipe and liquid pipe is joined together from factory one lei.. only separate out after like 50cm. so take it with a pinch of salt those technical feedback unless he is a real mechanical engineer.

what you should worry is workmanship.. 9/10 installers no passion one lei, you tell me who ever use torque wrench to tighten the pipes? who ever use proper flaring tool to join the pipes? who ever do proper leak test for joints? who ever use proper aircon tape?

out of 4-5 aircon installations i observed in the last 10 years no installer does proper job as per manual

even my gas man never use gas-rated Teflon tape to connect the pipes. as long no accident no one die, no people will care. terrible culture of some countries

Last edited:

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you look at the blower side, the gas pipe and liquid pipe is joined together from factory one lei.. only separate out after like 50cm. so take it with a pinch of salt those technical feedback unless he is a real mechanical engineer.

what you should worry is workmanship.. 9/10 installers no passion one lei, you tell me who ever use torque wrench to tighten the pipes? who ever use proper flaring tool to join the pipes? who ever do proper leak test for joints? who ever use proper aircon tape?

out of 4-5 aircon installations i observed in the last 10 years no installer does proper job as per manual

even my gas man never use gas-rated Teflon tape to connect the pipes. as long no accident no one die, no people will care. terrible culture of some countries

ITE trained ??

user123qwe

Reaction score
Hi terumo

Mitsubishi or Daikin Aircon, which is better? Thinking of getting a system 3 and 5 ticks one, for energy and money saving for my 4 room resale.

Thank in advance!

jiggyjig27

Reaction score
:s13:mitsubishi starmex ac

1) just pray tat ur friend company don't close down.

2) Although nowadays jap brand no longer making their product in their own state, but the design of the aircon and quality control is there. Just like Toyota Vios. Made in Thailand. I'm still driving this car for 5yrs and its working very well. Another example, Apple iPhone, designed in california, assembled in china.

3) Aircons if taken care well can last u minimum 10yrs if maintenance on regular basis.

4) should ur friend company close down, be prepared tat hardly or nobody would willing to service ur aircon. nobody will be tat silly and risk service a CHINA MADE aircon.

good luck bro. u need it.
starmex mitsubishi

zul99z

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I would like to change my 4 aircon unit. Called a guy down to check on my current aircon unit and he said the cost of repair isnt worth it. I'm ready to change the 4 aircon units but he said since the piping runs through my cabinet, they would need to hack it. This is a major problem as he would need to hack 3 cabinets and it would be totally destroyed and the cost of replacing it with 3 new room cabinet isn't cheap either. My question is, is there a way for them to install the new aircon units without hacking away my cabinet? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.