CPF investment account

tszkitc

Reaction score
Can I use CPF investment account to buy share listed in HongKong or USA?

what is the different between OA and SA account?

Thank you.

antonpoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No you can't us CPF to buy any share listed in HongKong or USA.

OA you can only use 35% for stocks on sgx. First 20k can't use.. the rest can buy Unit Trust.

Those stocks with Y under CPFIS means can use 35% of cpf OA to buy.

http://sgx.com/wps/portal/sgxweb/home/company_disclosure/stock_indiceslist

If you don't know how to invest, please just leave it inside to buy your condo or hdb.

Last edited:

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He doesn't even know the difference between OA & SA . :o

If he does invest in CPF,he has to beat at least 2.5-4% just to get even. :o

xitrumch

Reaction score
He doesn't even know the difference between OA & SA . :o

If he does invest in CPF,he has to beat at least 2.5-4% just to get even. :o

That is not the mentioned the monthly charge on each of the counter that we purchase using CPF investment account.

Should only consider using CPF money to invest if you really know that you will get back minimum 4% return annually + extra charges and you really have no cash outside to buy stocks.

Other than that, leave your money safely in your CPF account or even top it up annually if you know what you doing.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Was using OCBC to test how much charges there is for the CPFIA when buying/selling stocks.
OCBC charges me $5.35 per 2000 shares so it becomes a ridiculous $21.40 for 8000 shares regardless of the counter share price.
Then there is the quarterly charges of $2.14 per counter.
And all those is on top of the buy/sell comms depending on the brokerage you used to trade.

Ridiculous.

xitrumch

Reaction score
Was using OCBC to test how much charges there is for the CPFIA when buying/selling stocks.
OCBC charges me $5.35 per 2000 shares so it becomes a ridiculous $21.40 for 8000 shares regardless of the counter share price.
And all those is on top of the buy/sell comms depending on the brokerage you used to trade.

Ridiculous.

yep, I was running out of cash for investment once, and decided to go to the bank to open the CPF investment account just to get it ready when I urgently need to touch my cpf money for investment opportunities.

Upon checking with the staff about all these charges, I decided to forget about this option. It's too many extra charges, which is really ridiculous

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ridiculous.

Yes, best not to have a diversified portfolio in CPFIA. Have only a few counters and buy and hold forever.

Btw UOB fees are slightly cheaper at $2 per 1k shares before GST versus $2.50.

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ridiculous.
wtf!!!!!

other banks leh???

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me, i keep cpf as cash, collect 4% interest also good risk free

buaytuckchek

Reaction score
yep, I was running out of cash for investment once, and decided to go to the bank to open the CPF investment account just to get it ready when I urgently need to touch my cpf money for investment opportunities.

Upon checking with the staff about all these charges, I decided to forget about this option. It's too many extra charges, which is really ridiculous
What about using CPFIS to prevent HDB from wiping out the OA? How long must I hold the funds outside of OA in e.g. STI ETF? Worth the effort?

RaySonic

Reaction score
Any insurance agent? In need of money, willing to use my CPF OA account to exchange for real hard cash. Pls email me (raylightman@gmail.com) if you are keen for such a dealing. We can proceed from there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.