Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

i just pushed out an update to playstore

Changelog:

:v1.0.4

Fixed bug where thread disappears from subscribed list after replying to it

Fixed issue for tablets unable to login

i might have fixed the jumping post bug too but cant confirmed because i cant really replicate the issue on any of the device I'm testing. let's see if people still encountering it after the update

Last edited:

miyamiya

Reaction score
Testing to see if thread is still subscribed.

Edit: Yes, it works. Subscribed thread still remains in list after posting reply.

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Testing to see if thread is still subscribed.

Edit: Yes, it works. Subscribed thread still remains in list after posting reply.

haha, that's great to hear.

i wanna ask. did you see the latest update in your play store? or did you have to manually go to the app page and update? because i cant see the update on my device. that's why i send notification to everyone haha :s22::s22:

Jason357

Reaction score
Read Order of the Posts

hi,

i think that's because you set latest post to show first in hwz settings. does it happen the same with GAGT or HWZ App?

Can u elaborate more on this. Is there a setting in HWZ that can configure this? I am used to reading the 1st post first in GAPT then scroll down to read the most recent post. This will enable the reader to follow through the development of the thread.

Currently yours is the reverse so need to click "Jump to last post" in order to read the 1st post by TS.

Maybe you can set this as an option in your app so users can customize the way they like to read their threads. Thanks

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can u elaborate more on this. Is there a setting in HWZ that can configure this? I am used to reading the 1st post first in GAPT then scroll down to read the most recent post. This will enable the reader to follow through the development of the thread.

Currently yours is the reverse so need to click "Jump to last post" in order to read the 1st post by TS.

Maybe you can set this as an option in your app so users can customize the way they like to read their threads. Thanks

hi man,

waa thanks for highlighting this. i assumed my app will show oldest post first but i forget that hwz auto set newest post as default when u sign up new account. this is a big issue for my app because when u resume post, it will jump to the wrong post and will cause my app to crash. my app only works one way. i think i am able to set it to show oldest first by default when user login.

anyway, you can change the settings it in hwz website under "User CP" menu, in forum options..

change to "linear- oldest first"

LV68SsI.png

Last edited:

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. just got an error that says cannot connect to server com.b.a.s or something.
not sure if it means anything or not.

2.Question about paying gst when buying thing online overseas.

someone replied to this thread today which I had been quoted previously. now it send me notification that I have been quoted. but these are old quote.

hi,

hmmm, i dont know what the error means. but did it affect anything? like make the app crash or messes up the content?

ouh yes, you can ignore all the old quotes. you will get a notification if a user bump an old post that is 3 days of inactivity. or if the pager haven't catch a post that is 3 days old.

Last edited:

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

hmmm, i dont know what the error means. but did it affect anything? like make the app crash or messes up the content?

ouh yes, you can ignore all the old quotes. you will get a notification if a user bump an old post that is 3 days of inactivity. or if the pager haven't catch a post that is 3 days old.

eh. didn't affect anything
just a toast message.

eh. see. if the thread I have 500 people quoting me. then now someone replies to the thread but not quoting me and I receive 500 pager notification.that would be a problem. I think no one wants to receive that much of the notification.

if someone is replying to the thread after some time. why do you notify the person? unless the someone is quoting your post to reply.

Beefslice

Banned
Reaction score
hi,

i think that's because you set latest post to show first in hwz settings. does it happen the same with GAGT or HWZ App?
Does not happen with gagt
Anyways problem solved . Another minor problem I have is the bookmark button , when I press on the dotdotdot thing , it shows the star for awhile before closing back. Impossible to bookmark ... Any idea why?
Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

Last edited:

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh. didn't affect anything
just a toast message.

eh. see. if the thread I have 500 people quoting me. then now someone replies to the thread but not quoting me and I receive 500 pager notification.that would be a problem. I think no one wants to receive that much of the notification.

if someone is replying to the thread after some time. why do you notify the person? unless the someone is quoting your post to reply.

hi man,

you wont get all 500 notifications when someone quotes you. the pager only checks for the last page of the last post if it contains your username.

the reason why u are getting an old quote is because of how the pager script works. if the thread has been inactive for more than 3 days, the last postID will be deleted from db to save storage space. hundreds of postsID are added into DB everyday which is huge.

if someone suddenly bumps a thread for more than 3 days, all the postsID in the last page will be added back because previously it was deleted and does not exists. dont worry most users will only have avg 1-3 posts in the one page, so just ignore.

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does not happen with gagt
Anyways problem solved . Another minor problem I have is the bookmark button , when I press on the dotdotdot thing , it shows the star for awhile before closing back. Impossible to bookmark ... Any idea why?
Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

hi,

hmmm by right it shouldnt behave like that. it should just stay open. which android version using? let me go see if its behave the same.

either way u can swipe left to show the star icon instead of clicking on the dotdotdot thing.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no wonder can't find thread today.

unfortunately update had not solved my loop scrolling within thread.
gXqjpZHl.jpg

Nonetheless, good all-in-one app. keep up the good work.

Last edited:

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi man,

you wont get all 500 notifications when someone quotes you. the pager only checks for the last page of the last post if it contains your username.

the reason why u are getting an old quote is because of how the pager script works. if the thread has been inactive for more than 3 days, the last postID will be deleted from db to save storage space. hundreds of postsID are added into DB everyday which is huge.

if someone suddenly bumps a thread for more than 3 days, all the postsID in the last page will be added back because previously it was deleted and does not exists. dont worry most users will only have avg 1-3 posts in the one page, so just ignore.

I see. understand.

I guess that's fine.

Jason357

Reaction score
hi man,

waa thanks for highlighting this. i assumed my app will show oldest post first but i forget that hwz auto set newest post as default when u sign up new account. this is a big issue for my app because when u resume post, it will jump to the wrong post and will cause my app to crash. my app only works one way. i think i am able to set it to show oldest first by default when user login.

anyway, you can change the settings it in hwz website under "User CP" menu, in forum options..

change to "linear- oldest first"

LV68SsI.png

got it. fixed. thanks man!

sellun

Reaction score
hi,

i just pushed out an update to playstore

Changelog:

i might have fixed the jumping post bug too but cant confirmed because i cant really replicate the issue on any of the device I'm testing. let's see if people still encountering it after the update
Hi the infinity loop issue is still around. When I enter the thread and scroll to the last post, it was fine. I can see the end of the thread showing "Sian end of thread".
pzKsD22l.png

However when I scroll up and pull to the previous page, then scroll back down to the last post, the infinity loop issue came back.

*Notice at the top it shows page 30 - 31 / 31.

mA4w0CGl.png

After which I tried to use the option - jump to last post, the whole app went haywire and auto refresh back to edmw main page.

Hope this is clearer.

Sent from MiMax using GAGT

sellun

Reaction score
Two more issues
1)
When I enter the thread by clicking the last page, the page number is correct.
s0fqVWkl.jpg

But if I enter the thread and resume to my previous visited page, the page numbering becomes wrong
naoeSh7l.jpg

2)
As per my previous post regarding the infinity loop issue, some post are missing. See the post number, suddenly jump.
I believe there's something wrong with your "go to previous page" function. After pulling to scroll up, everything goes haywire.

OXYVzi2l.jpg

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Two more issues
1)
When I enter the thread by clicking the last page, the page number is correct.

But if I enter the thread and resume to my previous visited page, the page numbering becomes wrong

2)
As per my previous post regarding the infinity loop issue, some post are missing. See the post number, suddenly jump.
I believe there's something wrong with your "go to previous page" function. After pulling to scroll up, everything goes haywire.

hi man,

sry, im pretty aware of this scrolling issue. trying to fix it. i cant seem to replicate this issue on any of my device im testing, so its hard for me to know what is the source of the problem. like you mentioned, it might be because of the pull to scroll up function. but then your resume part is affected too, which i have separated. let me go and diagnose my code thoroughly.

edit: okay i think i knw where the problem comes from. the last page should be showing as "101" instead of 31, thats why when u enter the thread it assumes the last page is 31. in fact all the pages number is wrong if you compare my screenshot to yours. can you try refreshing the travel forum and see if the page numbers changes? thanks anyway i think i managed to find the source of this problem.

m7RZA0u.jpg

Last edited:

sellun

Reaction score
hi man,

sry, im pretty aware of this scrolling issue. trying to fix it. i cant seem to replicate this issue on any of my device im testing, so its hard for me to know what is the source of the problem. like you mentioned, it might be because of the pull to scroll up function. but then your resume part is affected too, which i have separated. let me go and diagnose my code thoroughly.

edit: okay i think i knw where the problem comes from. the last page should be showing as "101" instead of 31, thats why when u enter the thread it assumes the last page is 31. in fact all the pages number is wrong if you compare my screenshot to yours. can you try refreshing the travel forum and see if the page numbers changes? thanks anyway i think i managed to find the source of this problem.

m7RZA0u.jpg
The page number for me is still 31 instead of 101. I think it might be linked to the setting of how many post per page?

Not sure if you tied/linked this setting to our hwz setting.

Edit: yes I am right. When I changed my account forum setting (number of post per page) to default, the number of pages become 101. My original number of post is 50 per page. The page is 31.

But still, forum setting should not affect your app. GAGT doesn't have this issue.

jnT0tc8l.png

RhTjzMLl.png

PhNPwQel.png

Last edited:

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The page number for me is still 31 instead of 101. I think it might be linked to the setting of how many post per page?

Not sure if you tied/linked this setting to our hwz setting.

Edit: yes I am right. When I changed my account forum setting (number of post per page) to default, the number of pages become 101. My original number of post is 50 per page. The page is 31.

But still, forum setting should not affect your app. GAGT doesn't have this issue.

hi ,

i see...okok i think that might be the reason why got this scrolling bug, because different people have different number of posts per page. my app only calculates 15 post per page, so it will screw up the algorithmn. i have to make it flexible, not fixed 15 which i assumed its the default.

okay thanks so much, i think now i understand where this bug comes from. will go look into it and fix it.

edit: just to make sure, after u change to to show default number of posts instead of 50, does the infinity scroll in the last page still happens?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.