Hyundai Elantra vs Kia Cerato K3

king1979

Reaction score
Yea that's why I feel city is more worth considering it can resell at better pricing if decide to change ride midway thru coe life
You need consider the yearly depreciation plus all the associated costs like maintenance, insurance, interest rates, compulsory trade in discounts etc

Flex11

Master Member
Reaction score
Elantra ftw

You can save further by sourcing for your own insurance without penalty

They also offer 1 of the better interest rates out there.

iceraider

Reaction score
Someone just got the elantra s model for 87k.

Between the 2. I will choose the elantra. Elantra model is newer where it launched in 2016, no uber grab.

If u really isn't mind to deal with PI. U can get a few Japanese model such as Honda shuttle, grace and sienta for 90k to 93k range. Unfortunately both cars are used by uber and grab. But they are quite fuel efficient.

No uber/grab but I saw an elantra yellow top cab at balestier jus 2 weeks back with "Elantra" logo at the boot area. Comparing to grab/uber isnt it more worst?

K3 also gotten facelift in 2016.

Both cars are good and pricing for both are competitive. elantra rear seat is smaller than k3 by abit.

Go test drive and feel which car is better.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No uber/grab but I saw an elantra yellow top cab at balestier jus 2 weeks back with "Elantra" logo at the boot area. Comparing to grab/uber isnt it more worst?

K3 also gotten facelift in 2016.

Both cars are good and pricing for both are competitive. elantra rear seat is smaller than k3 by abit.

Go test drive and feel which car is better.

The yellow elantra u seen should be the previous gen which was launched in 2011. The current elantra that we mentioned is not used by cab as what I know. However the current blue comfort delgro cab i40 front does look like the current elantra

iceraider

Reaction score
The yellow elantra u seen should be the previous gen which was launched in 2011. The current elantra that we mentioned is not used by cab as what I know. However the current blue comfort delgro cab i40 front does look like the current elantra

Ahh icic.. yes agreed current i40 looks like current model.

To be honest, if TS wana get the highest variant. I feel he shld go for K3 sports sx instead of elantra elite coz I read that some features are removed from elite.

vangelis

Reaction score
Elantra looks better imo. No regrets.. kia bit sians the logo. Haha..space wise good also. Korean cars already quite established. Don't biter at jap cars. Haha

sktan10

Reaction score
For features and base model, definitely elantra is the better choice.
Oh and it's good to filter out some information posted here because some joker like to go around saying k3 got a crappy acceleration due to heavy body, comparing k3/elantra/lancer. :o

Haha bro,I m one of them.
I m driving a 08 Caren.
Test drive k3 and elantra on the same day.
I did feel that k3 acceleration is not as good as elantra even in sport mode all the way during the test drive.I told the Kia SE and he said because I driving a 2L car,so definitely feel 1.6 under power? I also feel that elantra sound proof a bit better than k3.But of cos interior wise k3 looks and feels better.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha bro,I m one of them.
I m driving a 08 Caren.
Test drive k3 and elantra on the same day.
I did feel that k3 acceleration is not as good as elantra even in sport mode all the way during the test drive.I told the Kia SE and he said because I driving a 2L car,so definitely feel 1.6 under power? I also feel that elantra sound proof a bit better than k3.But of cos interior wise k3 looks and feels better.

:s22:
You didn't get what I'd like to convey.
I don't disagree k3 have a weaker acceleration but definitely not due to heavier body.
From sgcarmart,the elantra is 45kg heavier but 0-100kmh is 0.5s faster than k3. The point is to learn how to filter baseless assumption :D

walkofwinners

Reaction score
Actually jap and kor cars reliability are just as good now. In fact Korean cars might even surpass jap cars now if you look at the number of korea cars on the road.

I was also pondering k3/elantra before I got my suzuki but the main concern at that point of time was price and absolute depreciation. K3/elantra all were going around 90k then but a swift was 83k. I would rather save the 7k.

At the end of the day, you get more fanciful features in the new models but more electronics mean more chances of failure too.

With the current pricing of k3/elantra/city all going sub 90k, it boils down to preference and no longer about the cost. Btw Honda is a jap brand but most of their cars are made in Thailand now so why should we feeding their profits? Same for Toyota altis, why pay a premium for the branding when you can get better quality and specs with a kimichi without losing out on maintenance cost and reliability!

C Justice

Reaction score
I would pick Hyundai Elantra S. Cheaper than Kia K3 Ex by perhaps $1k or more, have more useful features like push Start Engine, Reverse Camera, etc. Based on paper, it has a faster acceleration than K3 Ex. However, the downside for both models is no digital automatic climate control. Elantra RPM need to go up to at least about 2800 before gear change in Normal mode. I also feel there are some brake travel.

Hyundai Avante is a rather reliable model. However, the same cannot be said for Elantra. I read that 2013 Elantra has many problems and one of the worst year for Elantra.

A car reliability has less to do with place of manufacture. Like it or not, Thai made Toyota Corolla Altis is a reliable model (ie. cost to maintain v low). Contrast with some of the made in Jap or Conti brand a lot of problems :s13:

A used car dealer shared with me among Cat A cars, overseas demand for 10 year Toyota Altis & Vios still high. Hyundai Avante not too bad, sometimes better than Elantra. Not so good for M3 :s13:

C Justice

Reaction score
Note that Honda City is using Drum brakes not Disc brakes. If i want drum brakes, i go for Mitsubishi Attrage :s13:

iphone88

Reaction score
I would pick Hyundai Elantra S. Cheaper than Kia K3 Ex by perhaps $1k or more, have more useful features like push Start Engine, Reverse Camera, etc. Based on paper, it has a faster acceleration than K3 Ex. However, the downside for both models is no digital automatic climate control. Elantra RPM need to go up to at least about 2800 before gear change in Normal mode. I also feel there are some brake travel.

From Sgcarmart, Elantra S is more expensive than K3 EX for $2k leh

hiton

Reaction score
Think now Honda city can be one of the consideration.
Have to factor interest rate. Long run price might be the same or cheaper for Honda

Honda - 2.18% ?
Hyundai - ???
Kia - 2.5%

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.