PCWX App Discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanted to help u test OP but I dun use Android. tried Bluestacks on Mac but support up to only Android 4. too bad...

hi,

haha no problem, i got few devices here i can test with already. thanks for the thought though.

anyway, so sorry guys i'm delaying the update because suddenly got issue today when testing the app. if you guys use my app, the content will take so long to load, even sometimes taking forever to load until the loading icon stucks there. trying to see what is the problem.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
encounter a bug. now is auto adding thread to subscribed thread there.

somehow some of the thread I reply to will appear in the subsribed thread. I swipe then click the star then it put adding to subscribed thread, then I click again it will says it's removing then it disappears from the subscribed thread.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also. I hope can implement a feature where you after u quote the person then in the reply page. the green quoted thingy can be clicked the either pop up or expand the full quoted text.

cause some times need to see to rmb what the quoted text is. if I already type my reply halfway then I can't go back also.
if you get what I'm saying.

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just pushed an update to playstore

:v1.0.5

😀😀😀😀모아놓은 될까요
*Added support for unicode and emoji text
*Fixed infinity scrolling loop when user reaches last post
*Fixed bug where reply button is shown when thread is locked and viewing PM under "Sent" category
*Fixed bug where GIF auto downloads in quotes even though user has disabled it
*Several minor bugfixes and improvements

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also. I hope can implement a feature where you after u quote the person then in the reply page. the green quoted thingy can be clicked the either pop up or expand the full quoted text.

cause some times need to see to rmb what the quoted text is. if I already type my reply halfway then I can't go back also.
if you get what I'm saying.

hi,

you have to enable the editable quote in settings. because by default the app will shrink all the quote content into the green box to save space, so that you got more space to type your post.

encounter a bug. now is auto adding thread to subscribed thread there.

somehow some of the thread I reply to will appear in the subsribed thread. I swipe then click the star then it put adding to subscribed thread, then I click again it will says it's removing then it disappears from the subscribed thread.

icic, hmmm okay let me test this on my device to see if it will auto subscribed the thread when i reply to it. thanks for highlighting

edit: tested and indeed it is an issue. will look into it and release in the nxt update.

Last edited:

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

you have to enable the editable quote in settings. because by default the app will shrink all the quote content into the green box to save space, so that you got more space to type your post.

icic, hmmm okay let me test this on my device to see if it will auto subscribed the thread when i reply to it. thanks for highlighting

ok. you quoted me but I receive no notification. I think other thread also. I never received.

yeah. but thing is if it's a pop-up when I click on the quote. then I can still have the space to type. if it's always the full length of the quote then if the quote is long then it would be difficult for me to reply given all the quoted text. get what I mean.

it's a good to have feature. just a feedback.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok. you quoted me but I receive no notification. I think other thread also. I never received.

yeah. but thing is if it's a pop-up when I click on the quote. then I can still have the space to type. if it's always the full length of the quote then if the quote is long then it would be difficult for me to reply given all the quoted text. get what I mean.

I think the pager only works if the thread is in edmw

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hi,

u mean pager notification? sry, it only works in EDMW, so for this thread you wont be getting any.

okay so u mean u want the green box to be extendable, like a dropdown or pop up menu...to show/hide the quote content for you to have a quick glance at? this one i can make it happen but do note that the quote cant be edited. you still have to enable the editable quote in settings if you want to edit quotes.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

u mean pager notification? sry, it only works in EDMW, so for this thread you wont be getting any.

okay so u mean u want the green box to be extendable, like a dropdown or pop up menu...to show/hide the quote content for you to have a quick glance at? this one i can make it happen but do note that the quote cant be edited. you still have to enable the editable quote in settings if you want to edit quotes.

yes. its read only. I think better option would be when I click on the green quote box. it will have a pop up for me to read then close so I can continue to reply.

I also notice another issue. I came to this thread and the last post is your post on the latest update push to playstore. then I made some reply after your post right.
I went away. then I came back. went to subscribed thread and come to this thread again. my last post is gg to your that same post. instead of the reply post that I made.

miyamiya

Reaction score
Testing unicode in Japanese.

これいいね。

Edit: seems to work. But the app hanged while I was trying to submit the post the first time. It took a long time to submit the post and then it crashed.

I believe I did not refresh the app so the thread was outdated. Posting something crashed for me.

Afterwards reopening app, the thread is refreshed to latest and I could post.

Last edited:

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Testing unicode in Japanese.

これいいね。

Edit: seems to work. But the app hanged while I was trying to submit the post the first time. It took a long time to submit the post and then it crashed.

I believe I did not refresh the app so the thread was outdated. Posting something crashed for me.

Afterwards reopening app, the thread is refreshed to latest and I could post.

hi,

sry but right now the reason why taking so long for you to submit post is because hwz server lagging. my app keep giving timeout error.

but oddly the post can be submitted successfully. let me see how i can fix this.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

sry but right now the reason why taking so long for you to submit post is because hwz server lagging. my app keep giving timeout error.

but oddly the post can be submitted successfully. let me see how i can fix this.

Set low read and connect timeout. Perform retries instead.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh. after reply to a thread then it auto will add to the subscribed thread list?

quite irritating

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh. after reply to a thread then it auto will add to the subscribed thread list?

quite irritating

hi,

okay i have fixed this. will release an update tonight.

Set low read and connect timeout. Perform retries instead.

hmmmm, okok. how low should i set the timeout? because i dont want the app to keep showing timeout error if lets say the post submission took a abit longer than usual. and for the retries, i scared later double post.

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

i have pushed an update to the playstore

Changelog:

v1.0.6
*Fixed bug where thread auto subscribed when users replies to it

i have also tested, subscribed thread wont unsubcribed when user replies to it too.

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, okok. how low should i set the timeout? because i dont want the app to keep showing timeout error if lets say the post submission took a abit longer than usual. and for the retries, i scared later double post.

Read Timeout - 30s
Connect Timeout - 5s

Capture the exceptions inside try..catch blocks and react to them appropriately. Below is a fragment of code for your reading. You are advised to read your http response in blocks of bytes rather than line by line. It's more consistently efficient then line by line. Remember http response is one complete stream of bytes. Lines are your own interpretation to "\r\n", you don't need to respect that if your purpose is not to process line by line.

Between what kind of HTTP request it is, you can choose if you want to retry or not. If you feel some actions are better to notify the user for further actions, then don't retry those and let the user decide.

Eg:
Code:
boolean isDone = false;
int triesLeft = 5;

URL url = new URL(html);

while (!isDone && triesLeft > 0) {
	HttpURLConnection urlConn = null;
	try {
		// establish connection
		urlConn = (HttpURLConnection)url.openConnection();
		urlConn.setConnectTimeout(5000);
		urlConn.setReadTimeout(30000);
		urlConn.connect();

if (urlConn.getResponseCode() == 200) {

// read in data into buffer
			int bytesRead;
			byte[] abuf       = new byte[4096];
			Charset cs        = Charset.forName("UTF-8");
			StringBuilder str = new StringBuilder();
			BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(urlConn.getInputStream());
			while ((bytesRead = bis.read(abuf, 0, abuf.length)) >= 0)
			  str.append(new String(abuf, 0, bytesRead, cs));
			bis.close();

// do something with the "str" response
		} else {
			// react to other response codes
		}

urlConn.disconnect();
		isDone = true;
	}
	catch (SocketTimeoutException stoe) {
		if (--triesLeft > 0)
			stoe.printStackTrace();
		else
			throw stoe;
	}
	catch (IOException ioe) {
		if (--triesLeft > 0)
			ioe.printStackTrace();
		else
			throw ioe;
	}
	finally {
		if (urlConn != null)
			urlConn.disconnect();
	}
}

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still have this weird ending of the page.

y6D5D4c.jpg

no end of page/thread message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.