Investor Basics - Fundamental Analysis Concepts & REIT

richardchiam

Reaction score
Thanks! I will sure to come back and learn more from you!:s12:

My view is stock movement do not affected mainly by company's fundamental. So called 知己知彼,百战百胜。who make the market move? BB of course. So from here we need find their weak point and hammer them hardly.

richardchiam

Reaction score
Thanks! I will sure to come back and learn more from you!:s12:

My view is stock movement do not affected mainly by company's fundamental. So called 知己知彼,百战百胜。who make the market move? BB of course. So from here we need find their weak point and hammer them hardly.

JedCapsInc

Reaction score
Don't really get the relationship of US Interest rate do with the reit share price. Mind enlighten me ? Haha

You will also need to take into consideration the Interest coverage ratio.
That is the net profit / Interest paid to banks.

This is due to the possibility that Fed reserve could change the interest rate this year or the year after. An increase in interest rate could have an adverse impact on the REITS earnings as most REIT have a gearing of 25% to 45% in Singapore. That was what cause the REITS share price to decline in 2013 as savy investor is uncertain what the Fed Reserve is going to do next. A High interest coverage is a good indicator that the REITS is less sensitive to any interest rates movement.

Remisier soon ...

Blkh999

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask some newbie questions:

You purchased less say Google for $540 2 shares (let's keep it simple).
There is a sell off for what ever reason and now Google is down to hmmm $450 so, you decide to pick up some more, so you purchase 5 shares.
you have 5 shares that you purchased for $450 and 2 shares that you purchased for $540.
You decide that you want to sell the two higher stocks once the stock price reaches or exceeds the amount that you paid for it.
Question: Can you sell the two at the higher price or are the stocks piled into one and can't be sold that way?

Thanks guy

Alphidius

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask some newbie questions:

You purchased less say Google for $540 2 shares (let's keep it simple).
There is a sell off for what ever reason and now Google is down to hmmm $450 so, you decide to pick up some more, so you purchase 5 shares.
you have 5 shares that you purchased for $450 and 2 shares that you purchased for $540.
You decide that you want to sell the two higher stocks once the stock price reaches or exceeds the amount that you paid for it.
Question: Can you sell the two at the higher price or are the stocks piled into one and can't be sold that way?

Thanks guy

In Singapore, you buy and sell in lots of 100 shares (it used to be 1000 shares minimum). You can still sell shares less than 100, it's called Odd Lot (but brokerage fees still apply).

Assuming you buy SGX shares 200 at $5 and now the price is $4.5 and you buy 500 more. You now have 700 shares at an estimated average price of ((200 x 5) + (500 x 4.5))/700 = $4.65 (rounded up). You can sell whatever amount you want if it reaches $5 assuming you sell in lots of hundreds.

Does that answer your question?

daewood

Reaction score

What does BB means?

fairylord

Reaction score
Hi sifu, is DCA strategy applicable to REITs ? I'm having SCB trading account, but I have little capital to start with, good to use SCB for DCA on REITs or there is better alternative broker out there?

Thanks for advice.

ilovecake

Reaction score
might be difficult to DCA for individual stocks (REITs or otherwise), unless you have a huge amount of capital to deploy or you can trade without a minimum commission. Otherwise, when you buy a small amount each month, the minimum commission would cost you a huge percentage of your investment. e.g. if the minimum commission is 10 dollars, and you buy 200/month of a REIT, your commission fee is 5 percent, which is very high

ilovecake

Reaction score
Hi sifu, is DCA strategy applicable to REITs ? I'm having SCB trading account, but I have little capital to start with, good to use SCB for DCA on REITs or there is better alternative broker out there?

Thanks for advice.

might be difficult to DCA for individual stocks (REITs or otherwise), unless you have a huge amount of capital to deploy or you can trade without a minimum commission. Otherwise, when you buy a small amount each month, the minimum commission would cost you a huge percentage of your investment. e.g. if the minimum commission is 10 dollars, and you buy 200/month of a REIT, your commission fee is 5 percent, which is very high

jmtham

Reaction score
Advice needed

Hi, i'm interested to start investing in REITS to diversify my portfolio. Already have SSB and also doing RSP in STI and ABF.

Say, if i only have 5k extra to spare, is it advisable to start investing in REITS or better to accumulate more before starting?

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm interested to start investing in REITS to diversify my portfolio. Already have SSB and also doing RSP in STI and ABF.

Say, if i only have 5k extra to spare, is it advisable to start investing in REITS or better to accumulate more before starting?

5k is just nice to par with min $10 comms under scb. i buying with small capital too. dun pump too much when u start something new.

Travis_Touchdown

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am interested in investing in REITs but i am a total newbie in investing.

May i ask how do i start buying into these stocks? What accounts should i open?

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am interested in investing in REITs but i am a total newbie in investing.

May i ask how do i start buying into these stocks? What accounts should i open?

any brokerage account will do.

fundsupermarket is offering $10.
SCB has the lowest brokerage fees but the trading platform isnt very easy to use. i used to trade on iocbc which is alot easy to view but due to lower fees ive moved to SCB

Maisul Kamil

Reaction score
any brokerage account will do.

fundsupermarket is offering $10.
SCB has the lowest brokerage fees but the trading platform isnt very easy to use. i used to trade on iocbc which is alot easy to view but due to lower fees ive moved to SCB

I read some reviews before choosing a brokerage account. Indeed SCB has the lower fees but if you are particular about the user friendly-ness of the brokerage platform there are good reviews too about SaxoTraderGo which I am using.

I have actually made a youtube video on how you can navigate throught the SaxoTraderGo platform.

Do consider watching my video from my channel : Say Do Invest.

Happy investing all!

tgiftgif

Reaction score
any difference on speed of these account? even half a second can make a lot of difference

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.