SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Calander

Reaction score
Hi all!

Just wondering for SPF, only a non-camera phone is allowed in camp right?

What about an iPhone but you go to Singtel and remove it and get a cert? Singtel say they don't do this le and SPF say need non-camera phone - what happen arh?

better enquire by calling up your HTA NS Hotline

derekliu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now is it no more sports games option to choose for RT at Khatib FCC? I went for the last 4 rounds and I always not able to choose the orange band as it is not available.

Calander

Reaction score
Now is it no more sports games option to choose for RT at Khatib FCC? I went for the last 4 rounds and I always not able to choose the orange band as it is not available.

orange is still avail. but such options are subjected to manpower and the number of attendees for the particular session. just one issue is that orange and blue was combined for yesterday's session being outdoor track and field was not suitable to activities to be conducted to due tall grass and terrain issues. even the red was being conducted indoors.

your last 4 rounds was from when till when?

derekliu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just started last month only. Thought there is no more orange training session

orange is still avail. but such options are subjected to manpower and the number of attendees for the particular session. just one issue is that orange and blue was combined for yesterday's session being outdoor track and field was not suitable to activities to be conducted to due tall grass and terrain issues. even the red was being conducted indoors.

your last 4 rounds was from when till when?

DerrickSiol

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right thread. Apologies if not. Just wanna ask does combat shoot for ns men (marksmen) have incentives reward? Went for reservist 1month ago and attended ippt and CS but so far only ippt incentives was given.

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right thread. Apologies if not. Just wanna ask does combat shoot for ns men (marksmen) have incentives reward? Went for reservist 1month ago and attended ippt and CS but so far only ippt incentives was given.

ippt incentives usually takes 3-5 working days..(handled by S4, or trg branch)

service pay around a week (handled by G8, NSC or SP Branch)

marksmanship usually a month or less as it requires manual entry by the admin/DXO/clerk (handled by S1, or MP Branch).

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cannot remember the actual amount of bullets for range, so let assume is 62. By hitting 80% (50 bullets), you get marksmanship.

Since it is a formality for combat servicemen to pass range, I hear units give discount for servicemen just to pass their range instead of getting marksmanship so that units can save time for resting & other activities. Instead of issuing 62 bullets, unit only issues 40.

So even servicemen hit all 40, they were not awarded marksmanship badge & incentives reward. I suspect this maybe your case.

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, combat shoot does have incentives reward but your whole detail overall result must achieve marksman standard.

If only you yourself achieve it, then not considered.

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does IPT work for me?

Abit of background, I ORD-ed on September 2013 and defaulted on both IPPT and RT on 2014 and 2015 respectively when my cycle opened on December. Was not fined for both of them, just go in and receive verbal warnings.

So being abit scared, I go complete all 20 sessions of RT last year. But this year, I have a bit of commitments to do and it totally slipped my mind.

I went ahead to check the IPT thingy, said that 10 sessions was enough. Then I realized that upon completion of the 10 cycles of IPT, if still fail IPPT, I still have to go and complete 10 RT cycles within that year.

Can someone help me confirm whether I really need to complete 10 cycles of IPT and RT each this year? Like that I might as well go attempt 1 IPPT, fail and go for RT the following year.

And also, if I get charged this year for not attempting, is it considered 1st time or 3rd time?

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If thing have not change, this is how IPT work.

Fail IPPT in order to book the 1st session of IPT.

After your 10th session of IPT, you do not needs to go for any RT sessions even you fail your IPPT.

In short, it is only 11 times (1 x IPPT session + 10 x IPT sessions).

How does IPT work for me?

Abit of background, I ORD-ed on September 2013 and defaulted on both IPPT and RT on 2014 and 2015 respectively when my cycle opened on December. Was not fined for both of them, just go in and receive verbal warnings.

So being abit scared, I go complete all 20 sessions of RT last year. But this year, I have a bit of commitments to do and it totally slipped my mind.

I went ahead to check the IPT thingy, said that 10 sessions was enough. Then I realized that upon completion of the 10 cycles of IPT, if still fail IPPT, I still have to go and complete 10 RT cycles within that year.

Can someone help me confirm whether I really need to complete 10 cycles of IPT and RT each this year? Like that I might as well go attempt 1 IPPT, fail and go for RT the following year.

And also, if I get charged this year for not attempting, is it considered 1st time or 3rd time?

Calander

Reaction score
If thing have not change, this is how IPT work.

Fail IPPT in order to book the 1st session of IPT.

After your 10th session of IPT, you do not needs to go for any RT sessions even you fail your IPPT.

In short, it is only 11 times (1 x IPPT session + 10 x IPT sessions).

correction to your post bro.

One does not need to specially book a non-ICT IPPT inorder to go for IPT.

Once the new window is available, you can directly book for your first IPT. However, take note that your first and last session (1st and 10th) has to be without "(No Test)" indicated in the session timeslot selection as this shall be a IPT-IPPT.

The description of "IPT-IPPT" will be updated automatically in the system by the next day.

Therefore, only a total number of 10 sessions of IPT is required to clear your window.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ready? My system does not allow me to book for IPT until I fail IPPT. Then I can start to book IPT (Of course, 1st and 10th session is IPT-IPPT). That why I take 11 times (1 x IPPT session + 10 x IPT sessions) very year. Don't ask me why cause I believe I have bad luck.

correction to your post bro.

One does not need to specially book a non-ICT IPPT inorder to go for IPT.

Once the new window is available, you can directly book for your first IPT. However, take note that your first and last session (1st and 10th) has to be without "(No Test)" indicated in the session timeslot selection as this shall be a IPT-IPPT.

The description of "IPT-IPPT" will be updated automatically in the system by the next day.

Therefore, only a total number of 10 sessions of IPT is required to clear your window.

Calander

Reaction score
Ready? My system does not allow me to book for IPT until I fail IPPT. Then I can start to book IPT (Of course, 1st and 10th session is IPT-IPPT). That why I take 11 times (1 x IPPT session + 10 x IPT sessions) very year. Don't ask me why cause I believe I have bad luck.

Not to what I encounter.

I am already in the middle of my IPT and i have not booked any non-ICT IPPT.

this applies to my previous years too.

Last edited:

xRaxoR

Reaction score
Anyone knows how long they take to update the PPT status if you managed to achieved the target PPT band?

Like for my first IPT-IPPT I scored 0-15pts so I'm in PPT Band 1 and the target is Band 2, and I just took another non-ICT IPPT and scored 16-30 so technically I have achieved my PPT right?

Calander

Reaction score
bro, the link not working.

is it still at the Mac?

bro.. that post was a very long time ago...

it's somewhere opposite mac. if u are at mac looking towards the park.. it is at your 10 or 11 o'clock direction... around those stone edges and overhead structures.

did u not visit the ipt-in-the-park since then?

Calander

Reaction score
Anyone knows how long they take to update the PPT status if you managed to achieved the target PPT band?

Like for my first IPT-IPPT I scored 0-15pts so I'm in PPT Band 1 and the target is Band 2, and I just took another non-ICT IPPT and scored 16-30 so technically I have achieved my PPT right?

about 3-7 working days. u will receive an sms saying that u have met your requirements and u have therefore, cleared your window.

n yes u have technically achieved your PPT.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.