SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then possible you consider taken IPPT in ICT which the system allow you to book IPT directly.

My unit don't conduct IPPT during ICT, that why consider zero attempt.

Not to what I encounter.

I am already in the middle of my IPT and i have not booked any non-ICT IPPT.

this applies to my previous years too.

Calander

Reaction score
Then possible you consider taken IPPT in ICT which the system allow you to book IPT directly.

My unit don't conduct IPPT during ICT, that why consider zero attempt.

sad enough to say, my last ICT was about 3 years ago and have not taken any non-ICT nor ICT-IPPT at all since. maybe u should call NS Hotline to enquire why is it that you have to take 11 sessions in total which is not in accordance to the IPPT policy.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, don't needs cause I already MR few years back. :o

Anyway, it just 1 IPPT session so I can still tahan but if you are talking about 20 RT sessions, I will be first to KPKB! :s13:

sad enough to say, my last ICT was about 3 years ago and have not taken any non-ICT nor ICT-IPPT at all since. maybe u should call NS Hotline to enquire why is it that you have to take 11 sessions in total which is not in accordance to the IPPT policy.

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys. Want to ask question regarding ippt and exit permit question.

If let say i were to migrate in the future. For example in 2019. If I apply for exit permit before i received my saf100.

1) it mean i just have to apply exit permit straight away?

2)On the other hand, if i did receive my saf100(call up). Does it mean i have to apply deferment through my unit followed by the exit permit?

3) in either scenario, do i have to clock ippt for that year assuming that my exit permit is successful and i will leave in 2019?

Thanks for reply.

refer to this if u haven done so.
https://www.ns.sg/nsp/portal/site/mindef/manage-overseas-trips/info

basically, if u haven receive any saf100.. just apply for EP first.

but best is call ur unit

Calander

Reaction score
Quite detailed explanation in the link though it doesnt answer the part whether there is a need to clock ippt. Some people told me that if my ippt period has 'started' for that year, i am supposed to clock ippt before i leave.

On the other hand, if my ippt window havent start and i apply exit permit before my ippt window start date. I need not clock for that year.

because the officer would ask 'whether there is NS obligation needed to be fulfilled'. So i presumed ippt is also part of NS obligation....

But will check with my unit for more info.

Thanks!

just to add-on. if i did not remember wrongly that is if u are in sg for consecutive 4 months ( within 1 window and regardless before or after your departure/return). u will need to clear your IPPT.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know a person that SAF did not call him back for ICT after few years he ORD. then he get a PR from another country & went over there to find job. Once he get a job, he defer with SAF under 'work' reason. So every few years, he just defer using the same reason until he reach the SAF retirement age of 40 year old. In short, he serve his 2.5 years of NSF but did not serve a single day as NSman.

just to add-on. if i did not remember wrongly that is if u are in sg for consecutive 4 months ( within 1 window and regardless before or after your departure/return). u will need to clear your IPPT.

Calander

Reaction score
I know a person that SAF did not call him back for ICT after few years he ORD. then he get a PR from another country & went over there to find job. Once he get a job, he defer with SAF under 'work' reason. So every few years, he just defer using the same reason until he reach the SAF retirement age of 40 year old. In short, he serve his 2.5 years of NSF but did not serve a single day as NSman.

yup. such a scenario exists.

xpkerx

Reaction score
Hi got a few questions regarding RT @ Maju camp

1. How is the parking like on weekday evenings and weekends?
2. How is the RT like?

I have never done RT before cos always barely pass but this year really cannot hahaha...

onepiecepop

Reaction score
paiseh Off topic here but kinda urgent

Due for reservist in ard 2 months time but realised that my uniform kinda getting too tight fitting for me :s13: Found one set already but credits not enough for me. was hoping if anyone who MR le can spare me.

those who need size L-XL can trade with me oso. (gt 3 sets)
Shoulder Length 20 inch
Chest 48 inch
Shirt Length 31.25 inch
Sleeve Length 26 inch

Looking for pixelated combat uniforms size XL-XXL or XXL and pants size 44

[url=https://ibb.co/h2kWFQ] https://imgbb.com/[/URL]

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
paiseh Off topic here but kinda urgent

Due for reservist in ard 2 months time but realised that my uniform kinda getting too tight fitting for me :s13: Found one set already but credits not enough for me. was hoping if anyone who MR le can spare me.

those who need size L-XL can trade with me oso. (gt 3 sets)
Shoulder Length 20 inch
Chest 48 inch
Shirt Length 31.25 inch
Sleeve Length 26 inch

Looking for pixelated combat uniforms size XL-XXL or XXL and pants size 44

[url=https://ibb.co/h2kWFQ] https://imgbb.com/[/URL]

advance credit lo

xRaxoR

Reaction score
about 3-7 working days. u will receive an sms saying that u have met your requirements and u have therefore, cleared your window.

n yes u have technically achieved your PPT.

it's been one week alr and they still haven't update my PPT.

should i call the hotline and ask them about it?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have booked a IPPT on Saturday 7.30am at Maju Camp. Anyone know whats the latest I must in-pro before they close window? In case I overslept... :p

onepiecepop

Reaction score
is there any penalty when one misses IPT training consecutively like 2-3 times in a row? hear wun be able to book or cancel? something like tat. not sure though

Calander

Reaction score
is there any penalty when one misses IPT training consecutively like 2-3 times in a row? hear wun be able to book or cancel? something like tat. not sure though

no penalties for missing any IPT sessions.

nothing to worry about. as long as u can clear your window with IPPT passed or 10x IPT sessions.

Calander

Reaction score
I have booked a IPPT on Saturday 7.30am at Maju Camp. Anyone know whats the latest I must in-pro before they close window? In case I overslept... :p

latest 7:35 or maybe 7:40, considering the averaged time needed to clear the queue as the counter opens at least 10 mins before 7:30. Therefore an average of 15mins to clear the queue.

normally once the queue is cleared, the counter will close. there will be chances within 20mins (by 7:50am) if u in-pro, they will still let u in provided the supervising ofr gives u the chance. but seriously, this is very subjective depending on the ofr.

if u will oversleep, i suggest u take evening slot (4pm).

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score
it's been one week alr and they still haven't update my PPT.

should i call the hotline and ask them about it?

when did u take your IPT-IPPT / non-ICT IPPT? is your window ending soon?

even if u call, their advice to u is that u will need to wait as it is still in the midst of processing.

while waiting for the SMS in the meantime, check on your NS portal as it could be updated in there first followed by SMS which will be sent much later.

do remember to safe keep your out-pro slip which has your results.

Calander

Reaction score
Now go rt still got money incentive?

y e s..... all along this has been the case.

clear your window and go for IPT in your next window. IPT sessions are paid also only for 10 sessions but schedule and attendance wise is not strict compared to RT.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
latest 7:35 or maybe 7:40, considering the averaged time needed to clear the queue as the counter opens at least 10 mins before 7:30. Therefore an average of 15mins to clear the queue.

normally once the queue is cleared, the counter will close. there will be chances within 20mins (by 7:50am) if u in-pro, they will still let u in provided the supervising ofr gives u the chance. but seriously, this is very subjective depending on the ofr.

if u will oversleep, i suggest u take evening slot (4pm).
Then it's quite different from the previous process le right? Previously can take up to 1 hour???

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.