rental car 10k excess...

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i need help on my case... this tuesday around 4:40pm, my car was knock by a van, as i was driving along minor road to major road at bishan street 13. i rented a 2nd mitsubishi lancer(for delivery services), i check my safety first before i move out from minor road, and suddenly i got knock by the van. i was in shock, so i didnt take the particulars from the van drivers. and now the rental company asked me to pay the excess of 10k, what should i do guys... 10k is not a small amount... anyone can guide me to a right path? im really urgent in this matter..

Looks like a conned job.:D
Did you read where accident suddenly happened so fast and later damages cost by $K although a not even half $K.
Did the rental guy explain in detail on the cost.
You can too delay by making a Police Report and other reports, to CASE on excess $10K charges.:o:(:s12:

ccf9966

Reaction score
Looks like a conned job.:D
Did you read where accident suddenly happened so fast and later damages cost by $K although a not even half $K.
Did the rental guy explain in detail on the cost.
You can too delay by making a Police Report and other reports, to CASE on excess $10K charges.:o:(:s12:

case? okok i made a report regarding about the accident, so i must report another case regarding about this 10k??

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
case? okok i made a report regarding about the accident, so i must report another case regarding about this 10k??

it will be a civil dispute between u and rental company... small claim can settle it if the rental company wish to bring it to court.

in any case.. the rental company can only claim from you "lossess" due to the repair...

FOr example, repair cost or loss of profit... loss of profit harder to prove ... so more or less.. if you assess that the repair will not cost 10k... just ignore him

ccf9966

Reaction score
it will be a civil dispute between u and rental company... small claim can settle it if the rental company wish to bring it to court.

in any case.. the rental company can only claim from you "lossess" due to the repair...

FOr example, repair cost or loss of profit... loss of profit harder to prove ... so more or less.. if you assess that the repair will not cost 10k... just ignore him

he ask me to meet him to sign a contract regarding about the 10k excess plus if next year their insurance premium increase i will have to pay the increment

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
he ask me to meet him to sign a contract regarding about the 10k excess plus if next year their insurance premium increase i will have to pay the increment

this is even worse... so if following year.. insurance get cheaper? they pay u back the money? hahaha

is based on contract... so for this accident... they can only claim direct lossess...

if i want to scare u... i can even say... i can sell this car at 100k.. now after this accident... i can only sell at 20k.. all your fault... i want u to pay me the difference of 100k and my selling price (could be 5k) of the car...

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
Just ignore him.. don't need to sign anything.. how much is the repair cost.. ask them to send you the itemised cost... take pic of the damage to the car.. go challenge them on the itemised cost..

ignore every of their threat... say call police if you continue to harass you or family... write a black a white to their company stating your wish to pay the repair cost however based on the itemised breakdown which is due to the accident... put a disclaimer that the estimated cost is too high.. u want the rental company to send it to your preferred garage for a fair assessment...

ccf9966

Reaction score
this is even worse... so if following year.. insurance get cheaper? they pay u back the money? hahaha

is based on contract... so for this accident... they can only claim direct lossess...

if i want to scare u... i can even say... i can sell this car at 100k.. now after this accident... i can only sell at 20k.. all your fault... i want u to pay me the difference of 100k and my selling price (could be 5k) of the car...

haha bro, thanks cause i this few days dam stress about this 10k, im tring my best to get 50 points to post images for all of u

ccf9966

Reaction score
Just ignore him.. don't need to sign anything.. how much is the repair cost.. ask them to send you the itemised cost... take pic of the damage to the car.. go challenge them on the itemised cost..

ignore every of their threat... say call police if you continue to harass you or family... write a black a white to their company stating your wish to pay the repair cost however based on the itemised breakdown which is due to the accident... put a disclaimer that the estimated cost is too high.. u want the rental company to send it to your preferred garage for a fair assessment...

bro here u go http://imgur.com/a/xvr37
http://imgur.com/a/zUcnc

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Wah damage looks really bad. Airbags deployed some more and the front right totally collapsed. Wouldn't be surprised if the damage is really a 5 digit sum

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I doubt anyone here can help you. Black and white said 10k excess and your signature is on it.

Seems like a COE-renewed car, so cannot offer to pay parf + body value < $10k.

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah damage looks really bad. Airbags deployed some more and the front right totally collapsed. Wouldn't be surprised if the damage is really a 5 digit sum

JhNteP6.jpg

The A-pillar structure looks deformed - car probably can scrap liao...

ChaoKeng_Kia

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like front suspension totally gged... car is in an awful state... lol.. nobody can help u if u signed a contract that states clearly ur excess..

Whats more impt is u get to keep ur life.. take this as an expensive lesson learnt and read the terms and conditions carefully before u sign anything..

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SGT car plate, confirm is scrapping. My friend's SGY is due in 2 months, this lancer likely is going for scrapping, I think the rental co will claim excess, then scrap it, get from both sides.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.