The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which is the right shop?

Beside kfc.

9tVC7Y5.jpg

Look for the boss to serve u. After that go jiak kfc taste much better than sg kfc.

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone still going kwong shin nowadays?

me lor. i'm one of their customers. although I only made one prescription specs with them before. in fact just bumped into here because I might have lost my specs and may need to go make a new one...

any problem with kwong shin these days?

Thayvia

Reaction score
can go BKK to make specs
my specs is as good as OWNDAYZ quality but at only 40SGD!!
collect within 30min

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score
where can go to check eye degree (free)?

just to check eye, not intending to purchase...

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score

brother... i dont know any shop that does free eye check la. thanks for being so honest. i also be honest with you.. you go into any shop ask whether can check eyes for free, their reaction sure black one :s22: if have everybody go there check already lo

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Best bet go Ngee Ann or sp optometry center. Probably 5 dollars to get full eye check. Cheaper than most optical shops out here if cost is a factor.
Like what user garden mentioned. An eye check is like a consultation. We see doctor ask for opinion also have to pay. Go Dentist check teeth also have to pay. Thus over at optical shops, using the equipments to check your eyes... generally also considered consultation right? Haha unless you are a regular customer or else realllly most shops won't provide a free eye check.😓
Hope this clears the air for most of us here regarding free eye checks.

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have a spec used less than 1 year. Few days ago I fall down from a bike and broke the frame, went back but found the shop already closed down. So do u guys know which shop can help me replace just the frame?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea what brand of frame are you using? If yes then maybe can narrow down which places sells it.
If not second option, find another frame that can either fit or resize the lens to fit the new frame(pupillary distance might be slightly off).

Guys, I have a spec used less than 1 year. Few days ago I fall down from a bike and broke the frame, went back but found the shop already closed down. So do u guys know which shop can help me replace just the frame?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.