M1 $29 broadband plan

camholicx

Reaction score
Hi

I intend to subscribe this for my home, Low usage. But I realised that M1 wanted us to topup $5 per month for a router. Is this a must?

Can I still have wifi if I do not TOP up?

I do have a old SingTel router aztech dsl1015ew.
Can I use back?

Pls advise

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can't use back singtel router as m1 router, as the settings are soft coded and won't work on m1.

Hi

I intend to subscribe this for my home, Low usage. But I realised that M1 wanted us to topup $5 per month for a router. Is this a must?

Can I use back?

Pls advise

darren_soh86

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can I use back?

Pls advise

go to carousell and buy 2nd hand asus n56u for $20. get a friend with knowledge to setup it n buy him dinner.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not a must, but if you need WIFI and you have no router, then you will need to get one. As mentioned, there are a lot of routers on sale in Carousel that you can get for cheap. Just look out for those that are sold by reputable sellers.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to configure?

Router is usually plug and play. You just need to reset the router (usually a small button at the back of the router), then set up the admin and wifi password (to ensure nobody can use your wifi).

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got no TP point...does this low plan waive TP installation?

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel also waives a one-time fibre registration fee of $53.50 if you sign up online.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to configure?

Do check on the Router if there is any label sticker on it.
If there is it will have the SSID and password, as all you need is to do Factory reset on the router.
If not and if you want to define your own SSID and password, then you need to have a use LAN cable connect to router to modem/ONT, and do the settings.:D

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got no TP point...does this low plan waive TP installation?

Do take note that not all items are free.
If they means free installation and in the contract will mentioned that the termination charges will cost $200+ as there is no differences at all.

Charges are based on installation and activation fee.
Free or not free installation could include one free wiring connection from ONT data point to other end data point.
Activation fee are chargeable from $30 - $50+ depend on ISP(s).

Termination is mean at the end of the contract, de-activation fee are also chargeable from $30 ~ $200+ depend on ISP(s).

So do your homework in these calculation first.
Many here are caught with $200+ termination charges.

Do note that T&C are standard and if there is no mentioned on the individual charges on certain items, T&C charges apply.:D:s13::s22::):s12:

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Are you existing Singtel ADSL subscriber? If yes, can try to check your re-contract eligibility online, Singtel might have promotion for you to switch to fibre broadband, it might also include free fibre termination installation too.

Hi

Can I use back?

Pls advise

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.