Is MediaTek SoC phones usable?

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Never used a MediaTek powered phone before so unsure. Altho alot of articles did say they sxxk against Qualcomm Snappies.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya stilll can lor but if demanding type better go Qualcomms
It's known mediatrk wifi chip is weaker than Qualcomm

bersaLobangSG

Reaction score
Mobile legend claimed the Vivo v5s is the best phone to play their game.

Vivo v5s runs on a MediaTek MT6750 the most basic processor that doesn't even have a name.

So if the most basic processor can a high end game without hiccup, imagine those x25 processor are Monster.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahah noobs lah their are
So many user xx complain of lag on their game

While VG not much issue and its game even more higher demanding over ML

Esp android if gaming some game won't let u even install it due to compablity too unlike iOS

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i owned a few mediatek. some cpus offer better value in terms of performance and price. the problem for mediatek is that their drivers are not open source. so it is difficult to upgrade software to latest android. if you bought a xiaomi note in 2013, youre still stuck with kitkat in 2017. However if you bought the xiaomi note 4g which comes with snapdragon, you can use android nougat

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
GPS still sucks on my redmi Note 2, it can't point properly and I have to use my friend's s4 to navigate the map

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i owned a few mediatek. some cpus offer better value in terms of performance and price. the problem for mediatek is that their drivers are not open source. so it is difficult to upgrade software to latest android. if you bought a xiaomi note in 2013, youre still stuck with kitkat in 2017. However if you bought the xiaomi note 4g which comes with snapdragon, you can use android nougat
You mean Redmi Note 3G and Redmi Note 4G? Because Mi Note is part of the flagship Mi line, everything are Snapdragon SoC haha

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Dang.. was thinking of getting the Freetel Raijin but their phones all use MT..... maybe i shld go for HTC U Ultra instead but.... 300bucks more -_-

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dang.. was thinking of getting the Freetel Raijin but their phones all use MT..... maybe i shld go for HTC U Ultra instead but.... 300bucks more -_-
"Poor use of space" - MKBHD.

I would rather you wait or get the Mi Max 2 export than get HTC U Ultra. It isn't worth the flagship level prices. 3000mAh in a 6 inch class display is a joke for a high end device.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depend your target user. For casual or elderly users, they might not "feel"the difference. For not demanding or power users, Snapdragon or Exynos is always preferred. In terms of both hardware and rom support.

Last edited:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u worry then better go snapdragon Qualcomm or exyso Samsung
As sometimes some app will say your device is not compatible then u gG Can't dL and install

Unlike iOS

Actually my concern with Mediatek got to do with the Mali GPU. Quite worried is because it would seem the Adreno GPU is a better choice in terms of reliability. You think this concern is valid or not??

Sent from Nagasaki長崎, Japan日本 using GAGT

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Example sony Qualcomm vs samsung exyo

Some appl or games affected the sony more than samsung

If u are sure all your app now and future is ok then go with your decision

If I go back android even Samsung is cmi hahahhah i would go back samsung for the best comparability

App compatibility shouldn't be an issue because I only use a few of the commonly used, popular apps like Dropbox, Yahoo Mail, WhatsApp etc. Yes, it's more safe to go with Qualcomm, unless there is a strong pull factor in the device to be purchased..

Sent from Nagasaki長崎, Japan日本 using GAGT

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GPS still sucks on my redmi Note 2, it can't point properly and I have to use my friend's s4 to navigate the map

I didn't try XiaoMi Note 2. Note 3 & Note 4X GPS is good.
Using it on google map to drive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.