M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun know why recently during weekends... mine 1GB plan can drop to 100mbps only... after disconnect then wan cable form modem to router and connect back... get 500mbps only M! sucks to the core:(
I'm on 300Mbps Fibre and I still get full 300Mbps everyday.

Why open dns over Google leh? Shouldn't Google be faster?
OpenDNS is more secure than Google DNS. I've given more than enough info to Google alr leh!

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm on 300Mbps Fibre and I still get full 300Mbps everyday.

OpenDNS is more secure than Google DNS. I've given more than enough info to Google alr leh!

Interesting. But you mentioned Opendns is laggy recently right? That's why you're back on m1 dns? My only concern is speed! Doesn't matter if Google knows more about me haha

-Grift-

Reaction score
Oh. Default M1 DNS for now.

M1 DNS for 138.75.x.x:

Typical pair (if OpenDNS didn't crash so badly on me):
202.67.222.222 (OpenDNS)
8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)

Code:
202.67.222.222 (OpenDNS)
Is wrong :s13:
According to https://use.opendns.com/ is should be
Code:
208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Tested with namebench
GYvBXXi.png

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find that .37 has high latency than .6 and is dropping packets. I hard code them into my router in the reverse.
No wonder why I was surfing DBS website and notice the lag was super serious. Thanks for the heads up, shall change the order asap!

Interesting. But you mentioned Opendns is laggy recently right? That's why you're back on m1 dns? My only concern is speed! Doesn't matter if Google knows more about me haha
M1 DNS is faster than OpenDNS now (typically opposite). Of course Google DNS is fast too.

Update: Human error detected by -Grift-. DNS could be set wrongly. OpenDNS for now is pretty fast, I think I changed when in a rush. Hahaha false alarm.

Code:
202.67.222.222 (OpenDNS)
Is wrong :s13:
According to https://use.opendns.com/ is should be
Code:
208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Tested with namebench
GYvBXXi.png
I mistyped I think. Let me test and update again. :s22:

Update: I think I really typed wrongly and that's the reason. Time to switch out of M1 DNS. :s22:

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun know why recently during weekends... mine 1GB plan can drop to 100mbps only... after disconnect then wan cable form modem to router and connect back... get 500mbps only M! sucks to the core:(
Sometime some user may fact such issue but it is nothing new. ST also can be like that. Just need to restart ONT, router and computer to resolve the issue. Are u using M1 DNS? Try OpenDNS.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Sometime some user may fact such issue but it is nothing new. ST also can be like that. Just need to restart ONT, router and computer to resolve the issue. Are u using M1 DNS? Try OpenDNS.

Can u don't talk rubbish again? Dns has nothing to do with throughput speed you moron

Why are u not banned for misleading others still?

-Grift-

Reaction score

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the request is already sent to a specific host which speedtest.net does im certain there is no way DNS can affect the throughput... If the content is CDN hosted I can see how a faulty DNS server can point you to a "foreign" CDN POP and thus reducing speed. :s22:
I faced many such issue when I was with Singtel. Singtel support unable to resolve it so I jumped to M1. May be you can share what are the possible causes where the speed drop to 100+.

-Grift-

Reaction score
I faced many such issue when I was with Singtel. Singtel support unable to resolve it so I jumped to M1. May be you can share what are the possible causes where the speed drop to 100+.

Client problem
Router problem
ISP problem

Must test one by one mah

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just switch to StarHub la. StarHub MaxInfinity needs you, not M1 HomePac and GamePro Fibre.

There the StarHub DNS is some good testing ground for your theory.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.