Best USB-C multiport adapter . USB hub for new MacBook Pro ?

icheb

Reaction score
f2ztGR9.jpg

MHragf9.jpg

Lhuu4ay.jpg

yyiUiHr.jpg

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. This is truly godsend! Now I can use all my legacy devices and transfer files from different storage devices.

In short, the build quality of this dongle is pretty decent. I appreciate how the color of the dongle matches the color of your laptop nicely. Although the aluminium finish is slightly different between the dongle and Macbook Pro. I guess you cant really compete with the quality of Apple's aluminium unibody finish. It is always top notch.

I also like how the thickness of the dongle matches nicely with the overall thickness of the MacBook Pro, so its neither higher or lower. When connected on the left side of the laptop, it looks like an extension of the laptop and doesnt look hideous at all.

A nice bonus is that the Hyperdrive comes with a small, black soft pleather carrying case to safely store your dongle when you bring it out with you.

The number of ports is decent in my opinion and it comes with power passthrough. The power passthrough only works on the first USB-C port, not the second one (versus both when connecting directly to the laptop, allowing you to charge on either of the ports on the side)

I have not tried the HDMI connection yet.

One thing to take note is that it is relatively easy to pull out the dongle from the twin USB-C connection. So becareful when you yank out any legacy USB devices as you might also accidentally pull out the whole dongle out as well. Connecting to both USB-C ports doesnt ensure tight fittings.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you only need USB 3.0 (classic port) and USB C passthrough, Lazada have plenty of the generic units from $12 onwards

JigSaw

Reaction score
1. JigSaw - Space Grey - Paid
2. moooze - Space Grey - Paid
3. Frankz - Space Grey
4. evirob - Space Grey
5. kennylwf
6. gary92
7. Vincym - Space Grey

Due to time constraint I will order once I receive 5 payments ~

JigSaw

Reaction score
3. kherro - Space Grey - Paid
4. evirob - Space Grey
5. kennylwf
6. gary92
7. Vincym - Space Grey
8. Frankz - Space Grey

2 more payments to order~

JigSaw

Reaction score
4. gastly - Silver - Paid

1 more to order~

kierang

Reaction score
Hi, I am new and interested in the Hyperdrive in space grey.

How do I participate?

4. gastly - Silver - Paid

1 more to order~

ksksksks

Reaction score
Does anyone here want to get from Verbatim?

Verbatim Aluminum Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C Hub Adapter Dongle for 2016 MacBook Pro 13” & 15”. 1 Year Limited Warranty. Most Compact, Fastest 50Gbs TB3 USB-C Hub. TB3, USB-C, microSD/SD, 2 x USB 3.1

hanz170

Reaction score
Bought this today, originally gotten the HyperDrive but returned it as I would not be placing my Macbook Pro flat on table rather it will be on a stand instead, so returned the HyperDrive and got this Hub instead.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought this today, originally gotten the HyperDrive but returned it as I would not be placing my Macbook Pro flat on table rather it will be on a stand instead, so returned the HyperDrive and got this Hub instead.

Beware though, its only a 60w charger.

Nickttmseller

Reaction score
Where to purchase from ?

Does anyone here want to get from Verbatim?

Verbatim Aluminum Thunderbolt 3 USB Type-C Hub Adapter Dongle for 2016 MacBook Pro 13” & 15”. 1 Year Limited Warranty. Most Compact, Fastest 50Gbs TB3 USB-C Hub. TB3, USB-C, microSD/SD, 2 x USB 3.1

chainer22

Reaction score
other than using hubs and adapters, is it possible to switch out my current external hard disk's (seagate backup plus slim) usb 3 to usb micro b cable -> usb 3 to usb micro b cable? will it work?

Also interested in the space grey hyperdrive hub. How do i place order?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.