Need advice on Cambodia

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Cambodia worth the trip? Is the weather very hot?

I went to pp only ...
dont think would go there again ...

things there are more expensive than in singapore ...
burger king is about the same price ...
supermarket things more expensive than in singapore ...
perhaps most of the things there are export from overseas ...

Shopping mall only have aeon . the other one sorya mall is under renovations ...
aeon supermarket expensive ...

Ekspakk

Reaction score
Siem Reap is definitely worth the trip, the Anchor Wat complex is one a kind and is definitely a must see. But if you will visit, you need to go with an open mind since it's a very touristy, crowded, dusty and hot especially during summer.

For Phnom Penh, you can skip it.

Thayvia

Reaction score
only been to Siem Reap and angkor wat is definitely worth the trip. Go temple hopping and you will be surprised to see how different each temple is...
the weather is super hot though, and lots of stairs climbing and walking.. not recommended for elderly because the stairs can be really steep..

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only been to Siem Reap and angkor wat is definitely worth the trip. Go temple hopping and you will be surprised to see how different each temple is...
the weather is super hot though, and lots of stairs climbing and walking.. not recommended for elderly because the stairs can be really steep..
Too much stairs climbing seem quite challenging to me.

sendtolee

Reaction score
Nice to know that.

There are some staircases to climb to get scenic views. Just seeing from the ground means you are standing outslde the temple complex and not going inside. Going in means have to climb the stairs. Some are just a few steps, some are more.

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do i go about booking a taxi for a whole day for sight seeing ? Just flag off the streets ? Going Siem Reap next Tues and havent really plan. Not sure if my guest house provides taxi booking service.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Your guesthouse should be able to introduce one. You can flag one and ask as well.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread..I'm heading to cambodia in 2 week's time.. How much USD should i change for a 9 days stay? I'm staying at hostels.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's your itinerary?

hi, below is my itinerary..

Day 1_17 March 2018 Sat: Arrive at 15:05, Siem reap night centre night market, psar chas old market,
Day 2_18 March 2018 Sun: Angkor Silk Farm, tonle sap tour
Day 3_19 March 2018 Mon: Angkor wat 3 day pass
Day 4_20 March 2018 Tues: Angkor wat 3 day pass
Day 5_21 March 2018 Wed: Angkor wat 3 day pass
Day 6_22 March 2018 Thurs: bus to PP , Phnom Penh’s Markets, central market.
Day 7_23 March 2018 Fri: Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, Wat Phnom
Day 8_24 March 2018 Sat: Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, Cambodia’s National Museum, Choeung Ek Killing Fields, Russian mkt
Day 9_25 March 2018 Sun: free and easy (any suggestions?), flight back to SG departing at 1405

previously i read that tourist needs to pay a 25USD departure tax, is it still in place?

thank you!

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, below is my itinerary..

Day 1_17 March 2018 Sat: Arrive at 15:05, Siem reap night centre night market, psar chas old market,
Day 2_18 March 2018 Sun: Angkor Silk Farm, tonle sap tour
Day 3_19 March 2018 Mon: Angkor wat 3 day pass
Day 4_20 March 2018 Tues: Angkor wat 3 day pass
Day 5_21 March 2018 Wed: Angkor wat 3 day pass
Day 6_22 March 2018 Thurs: bus to PP , Phnom Penh’s Markets, central market.
Day 7_23 March 2018 Fri: Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, Wat Phnom
Day 8_24 March 2018 Sat: Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, Cambodia’s National Museum, Choeung Ek Killing Fields, Russian mkt
Day 9_25 March 2018 Sun: free and easy (any suggestions?), flight back to SG departing at 1405

previously i read that tourist needs to pay a 25USD departure tax, is it still in place?

thank you!
Why angkorwat so many days?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Becos they have this 3 days pass? Planning to do a sunrise and sunset tour.. Is 2 days sufficient?

It depends on how much depth you want to put into your tour. 3 days give you the opportunity to go to the further sites like the Roluos group and Banteay Srei at a leisurely pace.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.