Hotel Recommendations

hwsv07

Reaction score
going to seoul this coming March.

Is there any hotel promo e.g. new opening etc?

I checked airbnb, seems like it is not big price difference betweem hotel or airbnb (for similiar type quality - based on pic) so I would prefer hotel for its services and proximity to main tourist districts - myeong-dong.

TIA for the recommendations.

spurman

Reaction score
Hows lotte city myeongdong??

Ard 157/nite b4 tax.....

Ard end nov timing..

spurman

Reaction score
Wah sibei quiet thread. Hehe.

Revive a bit. Booked lotte city myeongdong for my nov trip for 5 nites. Lazy so go with breakfast inclusive. Indeed hotels in seoul is ex.... hehe.

Will do a review after my trip. Hopefully a nice stay

spurman

Reaction score
Review of lotte city myeongdong.

1. Location. Some 600mtrs to myeongdong street.
2. Near the cheungung simk stream also. Behind is isandong area.
3. Breakfast no change everyday. So i suggest dun take their breakfast package.
4. Hotel is super clean. Very new.
5. Room is nice. Comfy. Prob ard 20sqm.
6. Toilets machiam in japan ones with the buttock washer and heating too.
7. Very near a train station. Green line. Euliro ja 3 station.
8. Competitively priced.
9. Located in a rather quiet place

bluebell_09

Reaction score
Metro hotel?
I think it is a good price.
They give a decent free breakfast too so that saves u some cash.

metro hotel is cheap and good/clean/ fuss-free, at the other end of myeongdong and next to subway station. u can choose a bigger room which is still affordable. although their bkf is simple but good enough with local & western spread.

peanut_pancake

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone stay in GS hotel before? Does the hotel provide adjustable air con temperature in winter?

I read that almost all hotels in korea will tyrn off air con during winter and on the heater in the room.

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone stay in GS hotel before? Does the hotel provide adjustable air con temperature in winter?

I read that almost all hotels in korea will tyrn off air con during winter and on the heater in the room.

Yes, all hotel in Korea will off the air con in winter and on the heater. If you don't like warm, can off the heater and open the window to let in the cold air.

jjbee89

Reaction score
love Korea

I really like Korea, its so nice. Myoendong is highly recommend to go visit.

Hathway

Reaction score
I'm recommend JEJU HOTEL LEO, good service and price even got free airport transfer upon early inform

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any family friendly hotels to recommend? Just went through some hotels and they charges full adult rate for 2yrs old and above... which is quite ridiculous... while some are charged full adult rate for 6yr old and above...

prefer near train station for easy access and near main shopping areas...

dun mind hanok stay if the place is accessible and can accommodate 7 adults and 3 children

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any family friendly hotels to recommend? Just went through some hotels and they charges full adult rate for 2yrs old and above... which is quite ridiculous... while some are charged full adult rate for 6yr old and above...

prefer near train station for easy access and near main shopping areas...

dun mind hanok stay if the place is accessible and can accommodate 7 adults and 3 children

For such a big group, perhaps can consider airbnb?

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For such a big group, perhaps can consider airbnb?

briefly checked also... not a lot have 3bedroom and even if have is not very near station... but yah i know it is a lot cheaper... $300-400 a nite... if can find someplace near station will definitely try...

btw are airbnb regulated in Korea?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got suggestions where to stay in Jeju city?

I stayed at hotel regentblue (in jeju city) which is facing the ocean. Quite a decent hotel, imo. I kena a half ocean, half city view.

Only bad thing is the back of hotel have a small amusement park. But it closes or quiet down ard 10-11pm, i think. I also quite lucky to have my room not near it also.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I stayed at hotel regentblue (in jeju city) which is facing the ocean. Quite a decent hotel, imo. I kena a half ocean, half city view.

Only bad thing is the back of hotel have a small amusement park. But it closes or quiet down ard 10-11pm, i think. I also quite lucky to have my room not near it also.

Hmmm then what about Seoul? Where did you stay?

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm then what about Seoul? Where did you stay?

Tmark Grand Hotel Myeongdong but is actually not located at myeongdong. Its located near hoehyeon station which is just 1 stop away, and near to namdaemun market. Reason being it was quieter as compared to staying in busy myeongdong. About a 15 mins walk nia, will passby 1 convenience stall and about 5-6 restaurants. There is a family-run restaurant near the convenience stall which serves good food, like it a lot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.