Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X) - Mi Dual Camera, Picture Perfect!

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi Mi A1 - Picture Perfect Dual Camera with Pure Android!

Prefer stock Android, and also prefer the high cost-performance ratio of Xiaomi phones? Enjoy the best of both world with the Xiaomi Mi A1!
PNzjv81.jpg

The main highlight of this Mi A1 will be the stock Android interface, as the Mi A1 is part of the Android One initiative!
CkjcupW.jpg

The another highlight of the Mi A1 is the flagship-like dual camera! It features a 12MP wide-angle lens and a 12MP telephoto lens, capable of 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom. It has large 1.25μm pixels, enabling brighter photos.
bWhsnPt.jpg

The dual camera also takes beautiful portrait shots too with the Portrait Mode, with quality alike SLR camera!
tDsVhUO.jpg

Mi A1 is equipped with a 10-volt smart power amplifier, amplifying sound through the phone speakers. The Dirac HD Sound algorithm and a standalone amplifier gives you a more natural and transparent sound
eUKCS7H.jpg

Despite the affordable price tag, the Mi A1 is designed with premium and elegance in mind. It features a full metal design with the antenna bands discreetly hidden at the top edges, providing a seamless look.
gAtu5Lv.jpg

It is really slim, with just over 7mm in thickness and weighs a mere 165g. All three colors of the Mi A1 are designed to be highly fingerprint resistant too!
TRX0GHq.jpg

Specs at a glance:
1TKxlZ8.jpg

- Snapdragon 625 14nm FinFET octa-core, up to 2.0GHz
- 5.5" LTPS Full HD 1080p LCD display
- 4GB RAM+64GB ROM
- 12MP OV12A10(wide-angle lens)+12MP OV13880(telephoto lens), similar quality as Mi 6
- 5MP S5K5E8 front camera w/ Beautify 3.0
- High quality audio output
- 3080mAh battery
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2
- IR Blaster to control TV, air-con etc.
- USB Type-C
- Stock Android interface(Android One), on Android 7 Nougat (upgradable to Android O)
- 4G+3G Dual SIM support(Primary SIM will be on 4G/3G voice+data, while the secondary SIM will be on 3G voice)
- 155.4 x 75.8 x 7.3(mm), 165g

Created by Xiaomi, Powered by Google · Picture Perfect Dual Camera
mi.com/sg/mi-a1
BUY Mi A1 here: https://www.lazada.sg/xiaomi-mi-a1-464gb-65113319.html

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi Mi 5X - Mi Dual Camera, Picture Perfect!

Do you have to pay high to get flagship-like dual camera? It's not needed with the Xiaomi Mi 5X!
D3wQcwJ.jpg

The main highlight of this Mi 5X will be the dual camera, that features optical zoom, which takes better photo especially portraits!
OwIzeAB.jpg

OAkNVl0.jpg

af9Csic.jpg

AoNwf4r.jpg

SlVVEZp.jpg

Specs at a glance:
Ca8xvDs.jpg

- Snapdragon 625 14nm FinFET octa-core, up to 2.0GHz
- 5.5" LTPS Full HD 1080p display
- 4GB RAM+64GB ROM
- 12MP OV12A10(wide-angle lens)+12MP OV13880(telephoto lens), similar quality as Mi 6
- 5MP S5K5E8 front camera w/ Beautify 3.0
- High quality audio output
- 3080mAh battery
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB Type-C
- MIUI 9, based on Android 7 Nougat
- 4G+3G Dual SIM support(Primary SIM will be on 4G/3G voice+data, while the secondary SIM will be on 3G voice)
- 155.4 x 75.8 x 7.3(mm), 165g

X3W4Jid.jpg

变焦双摄 拍人更美 · Picture Perfect Dual Camera
mi.com/mi5x

Last edited:

bodymasterboy

Reaction score
i guess the marketing message here is - the camera is so good that everyone will look like kris wu in the photos :s13: :s22:=:p

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi really spin the sd625 like crazy releasing so many variants using the same processor. I heard they made so much money with the sd625 phones. However, this is not good sign for people becos they hv new phone model every other month as the software support for phones also grew thin.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi really spin the sd625 like crazy releasing so many variants using the same processor. I heard they made so much money with the sd625 phones. However, this is not good sign for people becos they hv new phone model every other month as the software support for phones also grew thin.

what is abt SD625? I should avoid SD625 for futureproof purposes?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi has a good record of providing software updates(MIUI updates) for their phones.

Even the Xiaomi Mi 2 and Mi 2S, Xiaomi's 2012 flagship, will be receiving the latest MIUI 9 update too!

Considering that the Mi 5X is part of the Mi series, software updates shouldn't be much of an issue.

Sent from freestyle using GAGT

RowanR

Reaction score
Xiaomi has a good record of providing software updates(MIUI updates) for their phones.

Even the Xiaomi Mi 2 and Mi 2S, Xiaomi's 2012 flagship, will be receiving the latest MIUI 9 update too!

Considering that the Mi 5X is part of the Mi series, software updates shouldn't be much of an issue.

Sent from freestyle using GAGT

Hey guys,

Being a Xiaomi Mi 4 owner for a few years now, I can only tell you that the software update thing is TERRIBLE with Xiaomi. It's been many many moons since I agreed to upgrade my phone to MiUI 8, and I believe I am running the latest global ROM.

There is an already documented and well-known bug with MiUI that literally crashes apps for no apparent reason, and at completely random times. For me this happens mainly with my Chrome browser! Can you imagine! It happens to me more than 10 times a day and I'm sooooooo fed up with Xiaomi knowing about this bug (it is on the xiaomi forums, reported by more than a few users) and not doing anything about it for months and months that I've decided to take it upon myself to tell everyone that Xiaomi is not a serious company.

No guys. Don't make the same mistake. They don't care to fix bugs. They care about releasing their next OS. They care about you buying their latest phone. And if there are bugs in whichever phone you buy trust me they won't fix it. They won't.

Should I trust Xiaomi again, hand them my money for a newer and possibly better phone? Should I trust these people again - with MiUI 9.0 that they are soon going to release? No. Never. I must be an idiot to do so. It's a VERY serious bug that I am talking about and it's impossible Xiaomi didn't hear about it. My experience with my Mi 4 was a complete let down, it's as if I'm living in the ghetto...

For your information please note that a reviewer on youtube also has had the exact same problem with a Xiaomi pad, so I'm not making this stuff up and it's their OS, MiUI that's screwing up.

Guys honestly I'm not buying a Xiaomi phone ever again. I reported this bug, have read posts on their forums reporting this bug, and yesterday even saw a video about a youtube reviewer mentioning that some apps just randomly crash - or can't be opened at all as they immediately crash.

No guys be smart - and I will say it once again - if Xiaomi has not fixed such a major disastrous, UX ruining bug in months, they will do the same with MiUI 9.0. We are just cattle to them.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.