Surface Pro (5)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking to use it just for MS Office, email, web, movies and music with the occasional low intensity game. I have had a MacBook Air for 7 years and to bo honest I have found that to be nothing more than a glorified phone. I hardly ever buy apps for it and just use it to view photos, surf web and send emails. So I'm crying out for a bit more functionality and thought SP might be good bet. I don't own a tablet, would love to but my iPhone kinda does everything I'd need a tablet to do.

My company uses PCs, I'm not a creative type and have no desire to be seen with an Apple product in Starbucks with hipster looking spectacles.

If you barely use any apps, then iOS may not be the right operating system for you.

Personally, I feel a Windows device is still more versatile even though iPad is starting to catch up.

tspurs

Reaction score
Microsoft Singapore is such a laggard at introducing new devices. They've only just got the ad up for the Surface Pro 2017 ("coming soon"). No news on the Surface Laptop. Heck, they couldn't even bring in the Surface Book from nearly two years ago.

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
Microsoft Singapore is such a laggard at introducing new devices. They've only just got the ad up for the Surface Pro 2017 ("coming soon"). No news on the Surface Laptop. Heck, they couldn't even bring in the Surface Book from nearly two years ago.

SP 2017 coming soon? Good news.
My current laptop is dying.

Last edited:

rahul49

Master Member
Reaction score
I am also looking to upgrade my Pro 3. Singapore really slow in getting Microsoft products ! Am looking to skip one generation for upgrade and already waited too long.

I looked at other competitors for Pro (5) that are available from HP/Lenovo/Samsung/Apple but nothing is close to the convenience that Surface Pro provides. Best part is the portability. I carry it everywhere for work and its replaced my usual pen and notebook. Its always with me when I need it. Perfect size, weight and function.

iPad pro is interesting but I use the Office products a lot so iPad doesn't work. I do have an iPad mini as a media device.

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
I am also looking to upgrade my Pro 3. Singapore really slow in getting Microsoft products ! Am looking to skip one generation for upgrade and already waited too long.

I looked at other competitors for Pro (5) that are available from HP/Lenovo/Samsung/Apple but nothing is close to the convenience that Surface Pro provides. Best part is the portability. I carry it everywhere for work and its replaced my usual pen and notebook. Its always with me when I need it. Perfect size, weight and function.

iPad pro is interesting but I use the Office products a lot so iPad doesn't work. I do have an iPad mini as a media device.

Order from amazon and then ship to sg

jonkwek

Reaction score
Pre Order for Pro 5

Hi Guys,

Heard from one of my Challenger friend. There will be a pre-order for the Pro 5 on 20th of July...this week.

But i cannot verify this info from the official website or any websites.

Jon

winterrealm

Reaction score
Thanks for updating us bro! :)

Hi Guys,

Heard from one of my Challenger friend. There will be a pre-order for the Pro 5 on 20th of July...this week.

Jon

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Jon

if that is the case, likely can order direct from MS website too.
Anyway, thanks for the update.

chaddeus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Incipio Feather Hybrid casing for Surface Pro 4 fits the Surface Pro 2017?

I know the UAG casing for Surface Pro 4 fits the Surface Pro 2017. Does this means ALL Surface Pro 4 casing will fit the Surface Pro 2017 device

- Charles

outrun100

Reaction score
Order placed for i5 version with student discount. Didn't order the pen, other colors are not available except silver. Total damange $1858.20 :slant:

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
Order placed for i5 version with student discount. Didn't order the pen, other colors are not available except silver. Total damange $1858.20 :slant:

Would best denki, challenger or courts give freebies to entice customers to order from them?

winterrealm

Reaction score
tuRjgyZ.jpg

:)))))))))))))))

Last edited:

Chai_Latte

Reaction score

If you are not sure if you should pay more for i7 or stick with i5 model, this new video might help :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.