HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys. I planning to OC my R5 1600 to 4GHz and was thinking of whether to invest in a fan cooler or AIO. Would a fan cooler suffice? I am looking at the Cryorig H7 fan cooler to be specific. Right now I am running at 3.7GHz on stock AMD fan.

It doesnt really hurt to spent more on a cooler that performs better.

The H7 is fine. At 1.38v or more for 4ghz you probably go for a better cooler. Might wanna go for water cooling instead. With at least a 240mm aio.

Calikura

Reaction score
Or an enormous high end air cooler like the NH-D15 if your side panel and ram sticks don't get in the way.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hey guys. I planning to OC my R5 1600 to 4GHz and was thinking of whether to invest in a fan cooler or AIO. Would a fan cooler suffice? I am looking at the Cryorig H7 fan cooler to be specific. Right now I am running at 3.7GHz on stock AMD fan.

spending on cooler is worth it and can last a few builds, same goes for cases, fans etc.

polowalrus

Reaction score
I can't bear to leave my Rgb stock cooler :(
Not much diff between 3.7 and 3.9ghz I'm gonna assume..

towerkek

Reaction score
Anyone Ryzen with Gigabyte Ab350 gaming 3? I have a Corsair Vengeance Lpx 3200 mhz and I cant OC it to save my life... I managed to get it to 2933 mhz twice, running at c14 on f6,and c16 on f7, but both times I run for a bit then Kenna Bsod. Anyone with stable oc can share?

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone Ryzen with Gigabyte Ab350 gaming 3? I have a Corsair Vengeance Lpx 3200 mhz and I cant OC it to save my life... I managed to get it to 2933 mhz twice, running at c14 on f6,and c16 on f7, but both times I run for a bit then Kenna Bsod. Anyone with stable oc can share?

has gigabyte pushed the agesa 1.0.0.6a update?

EDIT: meant the new 'a' version

Last edited:

towerkek

Reaction score
has gigabyte pushed the agesa 1.0.0.6 update?
Yeah I updated to F7, which I believe has it.

Edit: yeah its the a version too. Here http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-10#support-dl

Last edited:

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
Finding odd idle temperatures on my Ryzen 5 1600 recently. Running stable 3.8ghz @ 1.33V using the ID-Cooling AIO with GTs. Load temperatures hover around 65-70C but idle temperatures are always 42-46C. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Finding odd idle temperatures on my Ryzen 5 1600 recently. Running stable 3.8ghz @ 1.33V using the ID-Cooling AIO with GTs. Load temperatures hover around 60-65C but idle temperatures are always 42-46C. Is this normal?

same as me.. ever since changing to ryzen my entire pc idle around 40-44 deg, the thing is how fast it can shoot up.. little load can jump 10 degrees liao. i don't think it's a big issue, mine doesn't go past 70

Last edited:

polowalrus

Reaction score
I have a Friend using r5 1600, no stutter or anything with stock cooler. He is running 3.8ghz at 1.3v but temps reach 88C on stock cooler in stress testing. Is this normal?

I assume was normal because SG weather quite hot

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
same as me.. ever since changing to ryzen my entire pc idle around 40-44 deg, the thing is how fast it can shoot up.. little load can jump 10 degrees liao. i don't think it's a big issue, it doesn't mine doesn't go past 70

mine shot up to 60 15mins into stress testing but held at around 70-75c max with prime95 testing of around 2-3 hours so its good to know i'm not alone~

Mr.Chocolate

Reaction score
I have a Friend using r5 1600, no stutter or anything with stock cooler. He is running 3.8ghz at 1.3v but temps reach 88C on stock cooler in stress testing. Is this normal?

I assume was normal because SG weather quite hot

read that as long the cpu doesn't exceed 90C its still okay but for your own peace of mind why not upgrade to a better cooler?

polowalrus

Reaction score
mine shot up to 60 15mins into stress testing but held at around 70-75c max with prime95 testing of around 2-3 hours so its good to know i'm not alone~

What cooler are u running?

I also dunno about my Friend but I'm planning to upgrade from stock soon as well. The thing is under stress test, temp always go up to 80+. Normal usage never exceed 71C before on the stock cooler

towerkek

Reaction score
Cant ****ing go 2 minutes on prime95 with 3.6 ghz auto without temps shooting up to 81 deg. Seriously have no idea whats wrong. Kinda regret buying a ryzen now. I've been trying to oc for a month now and its been nothing but trouble for me. Can anyone help?

Edit: On auto settings, my chip go to 73 degrees.
Wtf is wrong with this ****? I waited for 2 weeks for Lazada to give me an even more crappy chip.

Last edited:

lamesensei

Reaction score
This is on default settings though. Its supposed to be this high?

what is default settings? default settings is underclocked? default settings overclocked? default settings =/= best settings.
thats y we tweak in the first place!

default only guarantees serviceability. did ryzen promise u prime95 temps?

prime95 is going to heat up anything can that is what its supposed to do. even my current voltage can hit 70degrees in prime95 with stock rgb cooler - and its undervolted!

i can tell u can change a few more ryzen - ur result will be the same unless u modify ur setup or ur expectation :s12:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1379-and-ryzen-5-1600x-1500x/page7.html

conclusion: OC pls dont use stock cooler.

Last edited:

curryloti

Reaction score
Anyone want to sell their lousy chip?

Only can afford non-X chip cos of budget and need the bundled HSF, intend run at stock. Can just PM me if sell cheap.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.