Help!! Headphone head cushion started peeling!

silentx09

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do u have the same problem as me? My shure headphones head cushions started to peel.
I don't think they have replacement as couldn't find in their website.
How you guys solve the problem?
Currently I use wire tape to stop peeling but kinda ugly.
Was thinking to get carbon sticker to paste the whole band but covered the shure words. I but that is my last options. (anw where u guys get the carbon sticker?)

Hope to listen to all the ideas to solve it.

Thanks in advance.
Adin =)

Koelsch

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey there

you could just get the replacement pads for the Shure headphones actually. about $30 or so if i remember correctly.

silentx09

Reaction score
Contacted shure and mean while hearing Any others has the same issue as me and solve this problem before. =s.

sohzai

Reaction score
Me too me too~

Been a while. One of the staff suggested custom leather wrapping, which I seriously might consider doing, but need to find someone who can do with skill and take good care of our cans.

Do share here what shure says about this lehz, thanks!!

Last edited:

nekatrall

Reaction score
there is a shop in clementi block 354
he does leather work/repairs professionally
he even repairs leather shoes and bags with all sorts of leathers
u could ask him

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Great share there nekatrall sure knows a lot on diy stuff and where to get stuff fixed =)

dragon988

Reaction score
hi ts just to share with you what i did for my denon d1001, and it's free too. the headband also started peeling off and i could not find any replacement for it. i managed to dismantle the headband, not really sure if yours can do the same but here goes:

dismantling the headband
2zpiovm.jpg

red cloth that i used
1fco41.jpg

wrapping it over the sponge and setting it with needles
9ji2xi.jpg

edges trimmed and sewn in
2ecnfkg.jpg

completed
14se8sp.jpg

silentx09

Reaction score
Omg thanks for sharing!!. Sorry been busy with my uni stuff and din check out this post. Wow urs looks very cool after wrapping. U removed ur sponge too?

dragon988

Reaction score
Thanks, I've only removed the leather that is covering the sponge and used the cloth to wrap over it.

silentx09

Reaction score
For shure they told me if my unit not under warranty is can trade in and pay 220 more to get a new pair as there is no replacement. Which is crazy. I do have warranty but not sure will they take in to change a new set for me. So will be going down some day when I am free.

sohzai

Reaction score
Interesting, not a cheap price to pay, if they can trade in and upgrade, i will consider though...

rwyz8888

Reaction score
Blk 354 Clementi

you mean Blk 354 Clementi got repair faux leather items? What is the shop name and contact no

Maladala

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do u have the same problem as me? My shure headphones head cushions started to peel.
I don't think they have replacement as couldn't find in their website.
How you guys solve the problem?
Currently I use wire tape to stop peeling but kinda ugly.
Was thinking to get carbon sticker to paste the whole band but covered the shure words. I but that is my last options. (anw where u guys get the carbon sticker?)

Hope to listen to all the ideas to solve it.

Thanks in advance.
Adin =)

Which model isit???

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe you could search lazada or ebay or taobao for your model of headphones and key word 耳套 (er tao) or ear muffs if using taobao.

ever got a couple of replacement sets for my colleague and myself before for audiotechnica stuff.

or you could try velour material. could be hot though in singapore weather at times. but at least it won't peel and is washable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.