Any tools to monitor ISP internet connection performance?

erickz

Reaction score
Hi all IT experts out there,

Are tools (software, hardware) you use to monitor the internet connection performance of a network? For those who use the internet for work, streaming or gaming quite frequently, I am sure you need at least a stable, reliable and smooth internet connection.

I purchased this tool called pingplotter few months ago with the purpose of trying to monitor the performance of VQ and to provide them data to troubleshoot the issue of frequent slow laggy and intermittent internet connection since Dec 2016. However I am not very knowledgeable in this area and trying to learn more.:o I googled on this topic and found a few articles about "troubleshooting intermittent internet connection" as below:

https://tinkertry.com/testmynet
Use testmy.net to track intermittent internet issues in your neighborhood

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2036...nitor-to-help-diagnose-internet-problems.html
Use Net Uptime Monitor to help diagnose Internet problems

However, I understand that network issues can be due to the computer, router, modem, ISP, etc problems. I am wondering if there is such a device that can be plugged directly to the network (router/modem), to monitor the internet connection 24/7 so that we can have data available and provide these information to the respective ISPs. And if there are substantial amount of data available for all ISPs, then we can provide all these to the governed agency (IDA?) if the ISPs failed to meet up to expectations etc.:s8:

Can anyone advise and provide help on how you monitor and troubleshoot if you face such slow laggy and intermittent internet connection (direct LAN connection)? How to monitor and analyse the information on speed bandwidth, latency, pings, packet loss, etc for a period of time frame?:s22:

Appreciate any advice and help... ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.