Mobile Plan For Ipad?

axolotl

Reaction score
Does anyone know which telco in Singapore offer mobile plan for Ipad? I don't mean data plan but mobile plan which I can use to call out via ipad.

It's like the normal mobile plan but instead of getting a subsidies mobile phone, the telco allows you to chose an ipad instead.

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normal Sim will do or use mobile share .
But I don't think ipad can make calls

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normal Sim will do or use mobile share .
But I don't think ipad can make calls

thats right. iPad has no phone app for you to make cellular call over mobile network. but some people manage to jailbreak it or use the right app for IP call, with a bluetooth headset of course.

For iPad, one can only use mobile broadband sim card which supports sms and mobile data only. I'm currently using mobile share with singtel which tethers the mobile data to my key line, which is cheaper than having a separate mobile broadband plan.

Mobileshare is priced at $10.70 monthly, inclusive of GST and comes with a 12months contract. Free additional 500MB to your data bundle and is compatible to combo plans.

Alternatively, iPad users can also consider mobile broadband.

Not to mention, both MBB and mobileshare comes with singtel wifi yo... nothing beats streaming toggle at food republic after a sumptuous meal paid with singtel dash, after 5% off and 10% off for passion card.. :D

just sharing the available options TS have in view to her/his inquiry lor

Last edited:

van123

Reaction score
Does anyone know which telco in Singapore offer mobile plan for Ipad? I don't mean data plan but mobile plan which I can use to call out via ipad.

It's like the normal mobile plan but instead of getting a subsidies mobile phone, the telco allows you to chose an ipad instead.

For M1, u can use the mobile plans to purchase 'subsidized' Samsung tablets (instead of phone) but unfortunately, this is not applicable to iPad.
For iPad, need to subscribe to their mobile broadband plans if u r looking for a 'subsidized' set.

VodkaPear

Master Member
Reaction score
thats right. iPad has no phone app for you to make cellular call over mobile network. but some people manage to jailbreak it or use the right app for IP call, with a bluetooth headset of course.

For iPad, one can only use mobile broadband sim card which supports sms and mobile data only. I'm currently using mobile share with singtel which tethers the mobile data to my key line, which is cheaper than having a separate mobile broadband plan.

Mobileshare is priced at $10.70 monthly, inclusive of GST and comes with a 12months contract. Free additional 500MB to your data bundle and is compatible to combo plans.

Alternatively, iPad users can also consider mobile broadband.

Not to mention, both MBB and mobileshare comes with singtel wifi yo... nothing beats streaming toggle at food republic after a sumptuous meal paid with singtel dash, after 5% off and 10% off for passion card.. :D

just sharing the available options TS have in view to her/his inquiry lor

didnt know mobileshare offer 500mb more sia.

i still using the traditional multi sim from singtel. why didnt they upgrade auto for me! LOL

robertgl

Reaction score
I renewed my mobile contract with Starhub and purchased an iPad from them.

nicepal

Reaction score
iPad do not have phone app. But I think can try purchase those "sim device" where the sim card is inserted into another device and bluetooth over to the iPad where the 3rd party app has a dialler for making phone call and Message for sending sms. Try check out "PieceSim", something I came across few months back, but never tried on iPad though.

symbiote28

Reaction score
what i did was got a mobile plan with an iphone 7+ 128gb. sold it off for about 1K plus then bought an ipad pro 10.5"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.