SingTel Fibre - Port Forwarding / DynDNS Behind Optical Network Terminal

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
Sorry folks to dig out an old thread. Just gotten Fibre upgrade from ADSL and I face the same issue as above.

Same configuration. ONR->old DLINK Router->Switch->Servers
ONR is 192.168.2.254
old DLINK Router is 192.168.2.1
There is a Server at 192.168.2.80 that I had port forwarding and DynDNS done when I was doing ADSL. Nothing at DMZ.

The above works well in ADSL2+ through an old Aztech Modem
However, with the new SingTel Fibre ONR - it doesnt work anymore. DynDNS client pickups a 116.14.153.xxx address which will redirect to the ONR login page - probably doesnt even hit my router and hence the forwarding rules dont work.

Can the masters and experts here please advise ? Thank you !

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your ONR already has built-in router and that will be your actual internet gateway, not your old D-Link router.
Your old D-Link router should be set as AP now.
As for port forwarding and ddns, I don't know whether singtel ONR firmware is the same as the whizcomms one. You can try referring to the whizcomms doc below:
https://www.whizcomms.com.sg/v1/learning/res/58e5ca687f8b9a57cf8b467b

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
Thank you. Interesting. My DLINK router has many rules such as port forwarding and DHCP which I have asked the SingTel engineer to respect and not have their ONR do it - which he said OK.

If i want the ONR to just function as a modem and have the DLINK Router perform as the Router - how do I configure the ONR ?

The new SingTel ONR is the Huawei model: HG8244H

Thank you !

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Right now, the ONR (LAN Port) is connected to my DLINK router WAN Port - so my DLINK router is still retaining my DHCP, FW and other functionalities. Correct ? What am I missing ?

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
The DLINK is a Router, Not an AP. AP is a separate device somewhere else on the network.

Makes sense ?

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
what model is your dlink ?

my dir-868l have 4 mode
original

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
Mine is an old model - DI824VUP+. There is no option to set it to be a bridge mode :(

What other options do I have ?

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
I thought about that option but really sorry, I cannot use that as I need the DHCP function on my DLINK. Too many addresses tied to MACs which I need to monitor.

Apex

Reaction score
If your ONR can configure a DMZ zone or ip.

1. Set a static IP for dlink
2. Configure that ip 192.168.1.x as the dmZ ip

Now all traffic should route to dlink. And whatever port forwarding or dhcp u set on dlink may work.

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
Tried that option out even though I am not too comfortable with my router at the DMZ ..

However, it doesnt work. My DLINK is at a static 192.168.2.1. I already put that in the DMZ - even though I think it should be the WAN Public IP of the router ? But my router doesnt have a WAN Public IP. It is using Static now.

Suggestions ?

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same configuration. ONR->old DLINK Router->Switch->Servers
ONR is 192.168.2.254
old DLINK Router is 192.168.2.1
There is a Server at 192.168.2.80 that I had port forwarding and DynDNS done when I was doing ADSL. Nothing at DMZ.

The above works well in ADSL2+ through an old Aztech Modem
However, with the new SingTel Fibre ONR - it doesnt work anymore. DynDNS client pickups a 116.14.153.xxx address which will redirect to the ONR login page - probably doesnt even hit my router and hence the forwarding rules dont work.
Just want to confirm your IP settings for your various eqpt:

ONR --> LAN IP is 192.168.2.254

DLink router --> 192.168.2.1 (is this the WAN or LAN IP?) What are the WAN and LAN IPs of this router?

server to be access externally --> IP 192.168.2.80 (is this connected to the LAN of ONR or LAN of Dlink router?

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As i am not clear on singtel onr, suggestions.

Have you do a factory reset on the DLink router, as most router do retain previous IP, if any, from previous.
This IP on both onr & router has nothing to do with other devices IP which are internal only.
Do a search on your actual DLink router for firmware updates, as more new version do include new technology features added since.
Firmware updates do required to do factory reset and the password to the setting could be the same as the label sticker on the router itself.
Maybe after firmware update there is other modes available, refer to post #6.

Regards.

Softwaremaker

Reaction score
Just want to confirm your IP settings for your various eqpt:

ONR --> LAN IP is 192.168.2.254
Correct.

DLink router --> 192.168.2.1 (is this the WAN or LAN IP?)
What are the WAN and LAN IPs of this router?
Correct. LAN IP. There is no WAN IP for this Router as there is no modem function included

server to be access externally --> IP 192.168.2.80 (is this connected to the LAN of ONR or LAN of Dlink router?
Connected to the LAN of DLINK.

I would like the ONR to be separated physically from my network - like a modem. Therefore ONR(LAN) connects to my DLINK(WAN)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.