Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hang_Terra

Reaction score
So aside from Tim Wong and Coldengine, any other recommended companies/installers? I remember Jex being mentioned before.

Survivelater

Reaction score
my ac compressor spoil, how much do i need to pay to replace a new one? how is the cost be like? any recommendation where to buy and where can i find the service? my ac is Mitsubishi brand..

neokage

Reaction score
Installed a Mitsubishi system 4 (5 ticks & ~$5000) and barely half a year the aircon leaked water. The company service man said the dust causes water leakage and he flushed the water pipes. 1 month later, same unit leak again.

Avoid getting your aircon installed by coolserve

:mad:

Confirmed bad installation. Drainage pipes could be installed at a wrong angle. No such thing as dust chokes drainage pipes.

andriod

Reaction score
I'm looking at system 3 for Starmex, for living room + 2 bedroom. I went to enquire with various salesman from GC, HN, courts, etc. recommending me to go with 2 ticks, because majority I'll only use 1 room each night, living room hardly on unless got guests or it's really hot weather. But then some salesman told me 5 ticks got no stock for whole of Singapore until November. So I dunno whether they are trying to push me 2 tick because 5 tick no stock, or is it because I won't see savings by having only 1 room operating daily; For 5 tick savings to kick in, must on all 3 aircons.

Differenc between 2 tick and 5 tick is 300-400 difference, I thought it would be good to go with 5 ticks as it's more future proof. Anyone have this dilemma before?

Last edited:

MicceL

Reaction score
can i check if aircon installer will run trunking inside the toilet box up area? the installer did not lay any trunking inside my new BTO master bedroom toilet where it go out to the air con ledge. When i look up the mesh cover, i can see all the insulation pipes running. also, can any one know if the insulation will wear off and peel off bit by bit to the floor after time? i bring this up, my installer said it wont happen as they are using armaflex class 0 insulation and said the box up area is too tight for them to put trunking.

Kvicez

Reaction score
Hi,

My old Toshiba aircon has broken down, technician can't find spare parts. Looking to replace the whole system.

Heard from others and from Best Denki salesperson that Mitsubishi Electric Starmex System 4 no stock due to compressor problem, distributor decided to stop sale.

Am considering Daikin SMILE Series instead.

I'm living in a old HDB 5-room flat, considering:
2 x 9K BTU,
1 x 11K BTU (master bedroom)
1 x 22K BTU (living room. storeroom knocked down, so living room space includes storeroom + living room + dining area)

1. Is the above specs suitable for my house?
2. Which compressor size should I get ideally? (old HDB, electrical mains not upgraded)
3. Which aircon company would you recommend? (searched past 10 pages, emailed some companies for quotes)

Appreciate your inputs very much. Thanks!

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Installed my Daikin System 4 Silver Envi Series 1 year plus ago and all are still working good. =:p

SecretAgent

Banned
Reaction score
can i check if aircon installer will run trunking inside the toilet box up area? the installer did not lay any trunking inside my new BTO master bedroom toilet where it go out to the air con ledge. When i look up the mesh cover, i can see all the insulation pipes running. also, can any one know if the insulation will wear off and peel off bit by bit to the floor after time? i bring this up, my installer said it wont happen as they are using armaflex class 0 insulation and said the box up area is too tight for them to put trunking.
I want to know about this same question too.. Wonder if they can run the trunking within the box up..

Sent from ..... using GAGT

ragegoh

Reaction score
I bought fujitsu aircon. But when i set fan to max and temp to 18. It is not cold. Cooling yes but definitely higher than 18degC.

I got one time free servicing from Courts.

Should I contact fujitsu to check my system out? Or should I just utilise the free servicing to let them solve it?

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Gain City is a big nono as they outsource their installation so its down to luck whether you get a good/bad installer.

erm.. last i had them install my aircon, i doubt its outsource. but true also. it's still not perfect or the best.

emperor2020

Reaction score
Bro cannotliao:

the 3MKS50FSG outdoor unit only 5.0kw = 17000btu
for system 3 you should go for 3MKS71FSG which is 7.1kw 24000btu
each FTKS25DVM fcu is 2.5kw 9000btu, if you run all together on the 3MKS50FSG it will not be 'balance', stil can run but total fcu output are more than what the condenser can support. or you only on 2 fcu at 1 time
anyway the price diff between 3MKS50FSG and 3MKS71FSG think around $200+
but 3MKS71FSG is a three ticks system

1)is higher condenser btu= higher electricity?

2) three ticks to 4 ticks, any difference

anyone , please reply, intend to buy this system

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
1)is higher condenser btu= higher electricity?

2) three ticks to 4 ticks, any difference

anyone , please reply, intend to buy this system

1. yes of course
2. power efficiency

3. install 2 cu in the living room of course wld consume more than 1 cu with high btu.

emperor2020

Reaction score
1. yes of course
2. power efficiency

3. install 2 cu in the living room of course wld consume more than 1 cu with high btu.

Thank you,

If given choice which is a "must" to upgrade

1) 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch

2) copper- 23 swg to 22swg

Thank you for reply

lippylee

Reaction score
Here's my review of Jex Airon. TL;DR: Horrible, you should avoid.

Had a Daikin SYS3 installed by these fellas, really bad experience.
1. Amateur installation team, very poorly trained (if at all)
2. Arrived at ~9.30AM, finished at 1AM! for a system 3! every other installation team (3) that's installed a/c in my place hasn't taken so long (usually half that time)
3. 1 indoor unit mounted with quite a severe tilt because they couldn't get it to clip onto the mounting bracket and hamfisted it on. (I pray to $DEITY that it won't start leaking)
4. looks like outdoor bracket is also not straight (~1cm diff between bolt center to bolt center on both sides).
5. Made a mess of my floor, glue, plaster, silicone sealant & PU foam everywhere. Did not use ANY floor covering during installation.
6. Made a mess of my walls, there was even a footprint!
7. Did not clear all the waste material they left behind (styrofoam & some rubbish + all the crap on the floor)
8. Was going to wrap fluid and gas pipes together in 1 insulation foam tube till I asked wtf they were doing.
9. Kept wanting to reuse old trunking
10. Did not use torque wrenches to tighten flare joints (this is important to ensure you don't overtighten and mess up the flare)
11. Pocketed the included bio filters (said they threw them away, hahahahaha, if that happened for 1 unit, sure, for all 3, I call bull. Also, these were SEALED in the same bag as the instruction manual and control which I did receive.)
12. Power tripped during installation. They blamed it on incorrect wiring (I call bull, I've been using the same high amp outlet for ~15 years w/o any problem, just checked the socket, wires are wired correctly, reverse current + earthing is fine, wire insulation test is fine, etc.)
13. Damaged one of my light switches because they spilled glue all over it and the solvent corroded the plastic. (they replaced it as only proper)
14. management generally full of bull, called them out on most of this list, but according to them nothing is ever their guys fault. So somehow all of the bad things spontaneously happened....? I don't know how that works.
15. Left lots of foam and loose plaster + masonry on the external ledge and A/C bracket (old HDB, so outside of my MBR window, literally in mid air)
16. Damaged horizontal vanes on indoor units due to heavy handed installation.
17. Grate on the back of the outdoor unit is bent out of shape and has been partially disconnected from its mounting to the frame
18. Following on from 17, they bent the frame of my windowsill by landing the entire weight of the outdoor unit on it, tried bending it back into shape but made an utter mess of it (whole thing is warped)
19. Used (without my permission) and ruined a chair that was part of a dining set. Whole thing is now covered in glue, the solvent has also dissolved a large portion of the varnish. Chair is beyond economic repair.
20. This is stretching it since most other installers don't do all (or any) of this but for those in the know.... you'll know what I'm talking about. They did a single evacuation w/ a very short hold test (otoh, I've seen people do it twice with a micron vacuum gauge & 30min hold, I have low expectations and doubt anyone would be so thorough). No high pressure nitrogen testing, no leak test on brazing / weld joints (at least not that I saw).

Positives:
1. most of the trunking is relatively nice to look at
2. used a pipe bending tool to do the bends (not a good (some might say proper) one but I'm trying my best to find something that they did right)

I'll include pictures at a later date.

Disclaimer:
This happened to me and I've been as honest as I can about what happened but the bad experience may have biased me toward being a little harsh and unforgiving. I've written this review as a means of letting you prepare yourself for what may be the worst possible outcome or what may be the norm. This may happen to you or it may not, so make of this as you will.

Last edited:

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you,

If given choice which is a "must" to upgrade

1) 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch

2) copper- 23 swg to 22swg

Thank you for reply

for 1 and 2, they are a must to upgrade for high btu cu and/or longer distance from compressor ie living room.

Hang_Terra

Reaction score
Here's my review of Jex Airon. TL;DR: Horrible, you should avoid.

Had a Daikin SYS3 installed by these fellas, really bad experience.
1. Amateur installation team, very poorly trained (if at all)
2. Arrived at ~9.30AM, finished at 1AM! for a system 3! every other installation team (3) that's installed a/c in my place hasn't taken so long (usually half that time)
3. 1 indoor unit mounted with quite a severe tilt because they couldn't get it to clip onto the mounting bracket and hamfisted it on. (I pray to $DEITY that it won't start leaking)
4. looks like outdoor bracket is also not straight (~1cm diff between bolt center to bolt center on both sides).
5. Made a mess of my floor, glue, plaster, silicone sealant & PU foam everywhere. Did not use ANY floor covering during installation.
6. Made a mess of my walls, there was even a footprint!
7. Did not clear all the waste material they left behind (styrofoam & some rubbish + all the crap on the floor)
8. Was going to wrap fluid and gas pipes together in 1 insulation foam tube till I asked wtf they were doing.
9. Kept wanting to reuse old trunking
10. Did not use torque wrenches to tighten flare joints (this is important to ensure you don't overtighten and mess up the flare)
11. Pocketed the included bio filters (said they threw them away, hahahahaha, if that happened for 1 unit, sure, for all 3, I call bull. Also, these were SEALED in the same bag as the instruction manual and control which I did receive.)
12. Power tripped during installation. They blamed it on incorrect wiring (I call bull, I've been using the same high amp outlet for ~15 years w/o any problem, just checked the socket, wires are wired correctly, reverse current + earthing is fine, wire insulation test is fine, etc.)
13. Damaged one of my light switches because they spilled glue all over it and the solvent corroded the plastic. (they replaced it as only proper)
14. management generally full of bull, called them out on most of this list, but according to them nothing is ever their guys fault. So somehow all of the bad things spontaneously happened....? I don't know how that works.
15. Left lots of foam and loose plaster + masonry on the external ledge and A/C bracket (old HDB, so outside of my MBR window, literally in mid air)
16. Damaged horizontal vanes on indoor units due to heavy handed installation.
17. Grate on the back of the outdoor unit is bent out of shape and has been partially disconnected from its mounting to the frame
18. Following on from 17, they bent the frame of my windowsill by landing the entire weight of the outdoor unit on it, tried bending it back into shape but made an utter mess of it (whole thing is warped)
19. Used (without my permission) and ruined a chair that was part of a dining set. Whole thing is now covered in glue, the solvent has also dissolved a large portion of the varnish. Chair is beyond economic repair.
20. This is stretching it since most other installers don't do all (or any) of this but for those in the know.... you'll know what I'm talking about. They did a single evacuation w/ a very short hold test (otoh, I've seen people do it twice with a micron vacuum gauge & 30min hold, I have low expectations and doubt anyone would be so thorough). No high pressure nitrogen testing, no leak test on brazing / weld joints (at least not that I saw).

Positives:
1. most of the trunking is relatively nice to look at
2. used a pipe bending tool to do the bends (not a good (some might say proper) one but I'm trying my best to find something that they did right)

I'll include pictures at a later date.

Disclaimer:
This happened to me and I've been as honest as I can about what happened but the bad experience may have biased me toward being a little harsh and unforgiving. I've written this review as a means of letting you prepare yourself for what may be the worst possible outcome or what may be the norm. This may happen to you or it may not, so make of this as you will.
Thanks for sharing the experience. Looks like another one to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.