Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

ckjoe03

Reaction score
1) Define your "geo-blocked". Only Indonesian can watch or Singapore cannot watch or which country is able to watch?
2) My philosophy is the higher the price, the better my service, and I've never trusted discounted stuffs in the current era, it's can only be a "cheapskate" with issues later. what's urs?
3) Was that referring only to Singapore to overseas connections?
4) Nowadays, it's roughly click-and-go on the windows platform, I'd rather setup everything myself at the command line, I feel safer with more assurance this way.
5) I cant understand "able to blocked content".

No one is an expert in all fields of life, that's what forums are for.

1) My definition of geoblocked means only in Indonesia you can watch or access, but not in any other countries. I want to be able to watch Indonesia content anywhere in the world including Singapore.
2) Better price i will agree largely means able to provide better service. But in some cases if the products are largely stable and no frills that serves your current need, then i will be more incline to look for value-for-money vpns instead.
3) Overseas to Singapore (starhub go) or vice versa (mytv.com or other Chinese apks)
4) think I am not so techie yet to setup anything via command line. Click n go for noob setup is what I prefer.
4) Apology in this context I mean able to access google contents and services in China, but it is the least of my priority at this moment.

Thanks and sorry for any ignorance in this area.

Rdgs

suntanoi1983

Reaction score
ExpressVPN: u cannot go wrong with them.

Alternatives: the one u r using, ZenVPN.

1) My definition of geoblocked means only in Indonesia you can watch or access, but not in any other countries. I want to be able to watch Indonesia content anywhere in the world including Singapore.
2) Better price i will agree largely means able to provide better service. But in some cases if the products are largely stable and no frills that serves your current need, then i will be more incline to look for value-for-money vpns instead.
3) Overseas to Singapore (starhub go) or vice versa (mytv.com or other Chinese apks)
4) think I am not so techie yet to setup anything via command line. Click n go for noob setup is what I prefer.
4) Apology in this context I mean able to access google contents and services in China, but it is the least of my priority at this moment.

Thanks and sorry for any ignorance in this area.

Rdgs

Last edited:

IAmZTX

Reaction score
hey there, is there a way to control the traffic? For example i only want to apply VPN when browsing the internet. I play games on my computer too thus i need to do some control of the traffic.

Currently using PIA, using the chrome extension provided but i feel it is not feasible.

OldTech

Reaction score
Express VPN is no longer working with Amazon prime video. Any recommended vpn for amazon prime?

Beastosterone

Reaction score
Express VPN is no longer working with Amazon prime video. Any recommended vpn for amazon prime?

I'm M1 fibre user, can watch amazon prime video without vpn. Amazon prime have so limited videos, I unsubscribed the trial member under 1hr of usage..

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using HMA for 2 years
expiring soon any recommendation as HMA seem getting lag nowaday
tunnelbear trial speed ok but no china server

Astrill seem good review but din read anything abt what kind of dns server they using ...country dns or 3rd party dns?

Last edited:

murphys

Reaction score
vpn sold on carousel

i note a number of vpn sold at cheap prices for lifetime subscription or yearly subscription but at cheaper prices - are those legit or simply a scam? or like cars, parallel imports?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i note a number of vpn sold at cheap prices for lifetime subscription or yearly subscription but at cheaper prices - are those legit or simply a scam? or like cars, parallel imports?

lifetime but with a expiry date
i think 5 years for most

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have subscribed to PureVPN and is supposed to be lifetime subscription. No issues with being able to log in so far, just that it's quite slow when connected to US. May be too slow to stream anything to be honest. Haha. Not sure if it's actually going to be lifetime, but I just gave it a try. Even if it lasts for 2 years, I believe I still get another 6 months free, based on prevailing yearly subscription fee. Also, I am not sure how long will each VPN provider last.

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently subscribed to Express VPN. There are 2 Singapore servers and couldn't connect to both via router but no problem with Windows client and android app. Anybody has this problem?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need good china vpn.... Flyvpn cheat my money after paying 1yr subscription
You should never jump into conclusion if you read here. Most VPN have some issue. Why pay 1 yr subscription. Most VPN can pay 1 month to try and has 7 days money back warranty. I have tried 3 different VPN and all got issue. I got money back.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of the reviews you read online are paid. A lot of VPN are also overloaded.

I followed this
https://restoreprivacy.com/best-vpns/

Subscribed to VPN.AC. The bandwidth is transparent and can be seen on the webpage. Singapore's server is only 1-5% full.
Allow up to 6 connection and has IOS, Android, Imac and Windows app.

It's said to work in China and has good speed so I tried it as I need one that works well in both China and SG.
Not that exp too.
I used to use ExpressVPN and I feel VPN.AC is faster and more responsive, for less price.

NordVPN is very slow and super not reliable.

In SG, my speed using Openvpn connection on VPN.AC is quite okay, L2TP/IPSEC even faster. Ping is few less than 5ms.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.