Master Member
Reaction score
Concept video :D

It's 2017, please put the headphone jack at the bottom! :s22:

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
I only have two things that I look forward with Pixel 2:
1) Replace FP with a newer, better and faster one. Pixel was using exactly the same FP as N6P.
2) Hardware based ZSL & improved HDR+.

Dual camera? Useless if not implemented correctly and properly. Better to have one camera with the best image processing. Even fruit dual camera implementation failed, since the so-called telephoto lens is only used if there is enough light, otherwise it's dead, so the so-called bokeh effect is still soft based.

Last edited:

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have not actually had any problems at all with Nexus 6P or Pixel's fingerprint sensor. It's fast and accurate.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
It's considerably fast and accurate, got to place the finger on FP for a bit, instead of just a tap, but it's a better FP than the one in G6. However, it's not as fast as say OP3, so yup can be improved, since N6P was one of the fastest when it was first released.

Last edited:

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's considerably fast and accurate, got to place the finger on FP for a bit, instead of just a tap, but it's a better FP than the one in G6. However, it's not as fast as say OP3, so yup can be improved, since N6P was one of the fastest when it was first released.
Actually it might have to do with how long it takes for the phone to wake the screen rather than the fingerprint sensor itself? I tried quickly tapping on my Pixel's fingerprint sensor and then lifting my finger off and the screen still wakes in about a sec later.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually it might have to do with how long it takes for the phone to wake the screen rather than the fingerprint sensor itself? I tried quickly tapping on my Pixel's fingerprint sensor and then lifting my finger off and the screen still wakes in about a sec later.

I am referring to the vibration that is triggered after successful read of the FP. I am not concern about how long it takes to wake up, since this part is fine. On my N6P, I would have to place my finger for a bit on the FP, otherwise it would fail to read. One of the guys in android police also mentioned this on his Pixel, so at least it's not just my imagination. IMO, FP is very important nowadays, because there are many apps that are utilising it other than just unlocking.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like there will be 2 front speaker grills in front based on new renders, N6P style. :s12:

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score

Yes, op3 or 5 has fast FP sensor. The other really fast FP is the sensor on p10. It has the nifty home button gestures that is rather unique but OnePlus has nav buttons customization that is nice too. The new pixel should implement something similar since people utilize these buttons alot and it really save alot of time with customization. It's ashame we need to hv custom ROMs to hv such feature and not out of the box stock

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
As long as those two speaker grills are two stereo speakers, nothing to complain really even though the screen is not so-called "bezel less".

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
64568.jpg

64570.jpg

64567.jpg

64569.jpg

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Reaction score
RIP 3.5mm audio jack

:(

Never actually used the audio jack in the pixel xl & nexus 6p. Enjoying wireless bluetooth and no tangling wires.

If they do have it hopefully relocated to the bottom... :s22:

ThinkMe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never actually used the audio jack in the pixel xl & nexus 6p. Enjoying wireless bluetooth and no tangling wires.

If they do have it hopefully relocated to the bottom... :s22:

i just bothered with the fact to charge the wireless headset too

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.