NUS ISS MTech Enterprise Business Analytics

justonequestion

Reaction score
Good day all:

Would like to hear from the people who have taken MTech (Masters in Technology) courses from NUS ISS, specifically those who are taking/ have completed MTech Enterprise Business Analytics (EBA), Knowledge Engineering (KE), and Software Engineering (SE).

My major was in NUS Chemical Engineering, but I've decided to move toward IT specialization and hope to use this opportunity to obtain a "formal" qualification in the field. I'm currently swaying toward Business Analytics (EBA).

Hope you guys could share on the following points:

- Subjects to brush up on before admission
- How difficult is it to enter without a Comp-based major
- Will there be a theoretical primers before the practical sections begin? Roughly at what ratio?
- At the end of it, was it worth the effort?

I'd appreciate any advice. 2.5 years part-time is a serious commitment and it would be best to know what I'm getting into, thanks!

Some information:
Have been working for 2 years, worked 1.5 yrs as an Engineer, currently a DBA (Database Administrator - Oracle & MSSQL) for a financial firm for the last half a year.

Asslann

Reaction score
Good day all:

Would like to hear from the people who have taken MTech (Masters in Technology) courses from NUS ISS, specifically those who are taking/ have completed MTech Enterprise Business Analytics (EBA), Knowledge Engineering (KE), and Software Engineering (SE).

My major was in NUS Chemical Engineering, but I've decided to move toward IT specialization and hope to use this opportunity to obtain a "formal" qualification in the field. I'm currently swaying toward Business Analytics (EBA).

Hope you guys could share on the following points:

- Will there be a theoretical primers before the practical sections begin? Roughly at what ratio?

I'd appreciate any advice. 2.5 years part-time is a serious commitment and it would be best to know what I'm getting into, thanks!

Some information:
Have been working for 2 years, worked 1.5 yrs as an Engineer, currently a DBA (Database Administrator - Oracle & MSSQL) for a financial firm for the last half a year.

Stats, take up those external DS courses. Learn to code, at least in R.
You should be able to get in.
MTech specializes in theory + applied. So there is a strong emphasis on practicality. Hence, this makes it popular to companies and professionals compared to other MS programs as they focus 90% on theory, which is pointless. There are a horde of companies connected to the MTech program.
If you want a DS or BA career then yes. External courses can never prepare you as comprehensively as EBAC or KE. There is a strong alumni strength from KE and EBAC in DS or BA in SG.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.