Anyone knows where Kok Kee Wanton Mee moved to?

Saabie

Reaction score
They have retired due to health issues. Heard this from the cleaner uncle at the coffee shop where they shifted to. The current wanton noodle which took over the unit is not related at all and likely trying to make use of kok kee popularity to make a quick one. Unfortunately, in my opinion cannot make it at all. Save your stomach and money for the pig organ soup next door.

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
the stall at jurong not very nice leh. had it few weeks back and quite disappointing as the noodles tasted like not cooked long enough. but the taste wise quite close as they use the special sauce

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yucksz. Just happen to pass by for some wanton Mee fix. Yes the new stall really cmi

The noodles machiam mamee type. Can even taste the seasoning

Char Siew also cmi. Hard like rubber. Wanton also hard. Won't eat again for $4.

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The one at zoolong totally different taste. The zup is different

farmerjlo

Reaction score
They have retired due to health issues. Heard this from the cleaner uncle at the coffee shop where they shifted to. The current wanton noodle which took over the unit is not related at all and likely trying to make use of kok kee popularity to make a quick one. Unfortunately, in my opinion cannot make it at all. Save your stomach and money for the pig organ soup next door.

That's right. They've retired. They stay at the same area as me.

hsiaowen

Reaction score
Kok Kee is good meh?

My favourites for Wanton Mee is always Wong Kee (HK style) and Kwong's at Singapore Badminton Association opposite there. =:p

soarer

Banned
Reaction score
At the previous food center before they moved, they used to serve the noodles in plates. They used less oil and serving on the plate allowed the noodles to mix more evenly with the oil.

At the new Hoa Nam Building, they serve the noodles in bowls. This causes the oil and soup to concentrate at the bottom half of the bowl. Half of the noodles are soaked in oil and soup too long. The taste is not as good now especially since they use more oil and soup than before.
There is no more oil or soup. What was previously on a plate is now fitted into a bowl hence it looks more but really it is the same amount. Dont believe u bring weighing machine to weigh and then pour onto plate

Sent from Istana using GAGT

양 다우 왕

Reaction score

yeah, the new stall that took over, CMI, wonton mee without wonton.... zzz wtf.
and $5 somemore, really is make used of old name. 1 time and thats it. wont go back again.

serangoon1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got one stall in serangoon central selling wanton noodle

Taste wise quite similar to kok kee wanton

But their char siew cannot make it

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Check earlier replies in the thread. The store is owned by kok kee's younger brother who has retired. Now cooked by his son.

Source = my mum. She's their friend.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.