ICBC Introduces New 1.5% Local/3.0% Overseas Rebate MasterCard

Reaction score
So here's my experience: Dropped off the application form at the ICBC branch on 21/6 and yesterday, got a package in my mailbox. Not bad, I thought.

I excitedly opened the package and guess what? They sent me the wrong card. I got the Unionpay Koipy instead of the Mastercard. :s11::s11::s11::s11: I'm 100% sure I ticked the Mastercard in my application form.

Anyway, that's it. I'm going to call to cancel the card when I have the time. Not going to deal with ICBC again until their processes improve.

Last Friday, I finally remembered to call them. Was answered in a China call center. Instead of cancelling, I just told them that they sent me the wrong card. The CSO - who spoke accented but reasonably fluent English - said that she'll get the backoffice in Singapore to call me back. Today, I got a callback from Singapore. They acknowledged their error and promised to rush me the Mastercard asap. They even offered to hand deliver it to my office as soon as they get it.

So, I'm giving them a second chance. Error was made but service recovery can't be faulted. I can live with dealing with a China call center, much better than dealing with some of the "amazing" CSOs ANZ used to employ.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the 3% overseas cash rebates a good deal, at least better than SCB Unlimited and CIMB VI?

TIA

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows what are the slightly more premier icbc credit cards?

like citi prestige, ultima, uob VI that kind

Reaction score
Last Friday, I finally remembered to call them. Was answered in a China call center. Instead of cancelling, I just told them that they sent me the wrong card. The CSO - who spoke accented but reasonably fluent English - said that she'll get the backoffice in Singapore to call me back. Today, I got a callback from Singapore. They acknowledged their error and promised to rush me the Mastercard asap. They even offered to hand deliver it to my office as soon as they get it.

So, I'm giving them a second chance. Error was made but service recovery can't be faulted. I can live with dealing with a China call center, much better than dealing with some of the "amazing" CSOs ANZ used to employ.

So more updates - the card arrived last Friday. With a personalized apology note and $30 NTUC voucher. As my wife said, "even the American banks don't do this anymore".

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The dragon lounge card that comes with it, mentions it is transferable.

Does it mean I can pass to someone to access the airport lounge?

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if recurring payment is counted for 1.5%? Sadly stan chart doesn't give 1.5 for recurring.

Jupiter2017

Reaction score
Applied in 2nd week Aug and received the card last week together with the Rewards Lounge card.

sgdividends

Reaction score
The cashback has to be spent within 1 year or it may be forfeited. I seem to have read it in the tncs.

Quite lame actually since highly likely to do so

Reaction score
Included in my first statement from ICBC was an Interbank GIRO form for auto payment and a flyer saying this is a "new" payment method for the bank. So there goes my last reservation about using this card.

Separately, I tested paying using my OCBC online credit card payment function. No problems there, so I will be doing that until the GIRO is in place.

I will go to the ICBC branch this week to submit my GIRO form - the branch is closer to my office than the nearest postbox. I will apply for online access then. This is not essential for me given the card does not have minimum/maximum spend that I have to monitor, but nice to have, however rudimentary it is.

dhwang_best

Reaction score
As mentioned in the very first post, the first 1,000 sign-ups for this card get a free one-time pass to a lounge at Changi Airport.

applied 15 Aug, received card 12 Sep
still qualified for the free one-time pass to a lounge at Changi Airport. (first 1000)
So I guess not so much people know this card and applied for it.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does it come with internet banking to view transactions made, even before the statement is generated?

Jupiter2017

Reaction score
does it come with internet banking to view transactions made, even before the statement is generated?
If you have at least one ICBC credit card, you can go to any ICBC branch & apply for internet banking. This will be activated and token issued to you on the spot.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have at least one ICBC credit card, you can go to any ICBC branch & apply for internet banking. This will be activated and token issued to you on the spot.

Thanks!! Applied and submitted docs online. Very easy, just take photo of Nric, print cpf statement, and make some amendments to the PDF form....

Upload on their portal and done!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.