SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Calander

Reaction score
Then it's quite different from the previous process le right? Previously can take up to 1 hour???

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

what do u mean by 1 hour? 1 hour to clear the queue and that u can in-pro for IPPT before 8:30am?

in that 1 hour, participants would be already have started their 2.4km already.

FCC would need to account for the strength by first closing the in-pro counter, before commencing warm-up and the test stations.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I forget the actually timing but I hope to share my experience.

First of all, your concern is not FCC but guard house. If your IPT/RT session start at 1900 hrs, guard house will stop you from going into the camp & you cannot in-pro with FCC. I kena before due to 15 mins late (reach camp at 1915hrs) because of OT at workplace.

Once you are inside camp, FCC are lenient for you to in-pro late. As for how late, I will not mention so that I will not sabo FCC & the rest of servicemen will still have this 'benefit'. Sad thing is I never use this 'benefit' when I am still active.

For IPPT, better come early cause the 1st to in-pro at counter is always IPPT batch. Take around 15mins to clear counter. 2.4km will always be the last station & the rest of IPPT stations very fast finish. It take around near to an hour to finish everything from in-pro to out-pro.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do u mean by 1 hour? 1 hour to clear the queue and that u can in-pro for IPPT before 8:30am?

in that 1 hour, participants would be already have started their 2.4km already.

FCC would need to account for the strength by first closing the in-pro counter, before commencing warm-up and the test stations.
Because I remember last time (when IPT first started), inpro counter doesn't close that early. Unless my memory is failing me, because I have been taking IPPT during ICT for past few cycles...

So the norm should be 5-10 mins before the inpro counter closes?

Calander

Reaction score
Because I remember last time (when IPT first started), inpro counter doesn't close that early. Unless my memory is failing me, because I have been taking IPPT during ICT for past few cycles...

So the norm should be 5-10 mins before the inpro counter closes?

correct. if u do get the SMS reminder, it will tell u to actually "Please report 15mins early with your NRIC/SAF Card and FFI if applicable".

and be sure to report to the counter in your PT attire because some DXO will comment you for being late and not being properly attired.

Last edited:

wiwi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do i still need to attend rt after my window closes if i attempted and fail my ict-ippt next month? I will mr on april 1st 2018. my birthday is in november.

Calander

Reaction score
Do i still need to attend rt after my window closes if i attempted and fail my ict-ippt next month? I will mr on april 1st 2018. my birthday is in november.

u will be considered as IPPT Failure.

n good news is that probably u do not need to complete RT because of your MR. but do verify with your NS unit

xRaxoR

Reaction score
when did u take your IPT-IPPT / non-ICT IPPT? is your window ending soon?

even if u call, their advice to u is that u will need to wait as it is still in the midst of processing.

while waiting for the SMS in the meantime, check on your NS portal as it could be updated in there first followed by SMS which will be sent much later.

do remember to safe keep your out-pro slip which has your results.

I took it on 13 july 2017 thursday, so it has been around 7 working days so far.
My window closes at end of october, so still got around close to 3 months.

The thing is that the results are already long updated and reflected on the ns portal system since last week but it doesn't indicate that the target ppt has been achieved/cleared.

I guess I'll just wait awhile more then.
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Advice required...

Hi guys,

Need advice..

"You have been Exempted from RT for your current window.
Your next IPPT window will open on xx Jul 2018. "

I just did my IPT for this work year leading to my birthday.
Does it mean i dont need to do IPT from now to next year Jul?

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need advice..

"You have been Exempted from RT for your current window.
Your next IPPT window will open on xx Jul 2018. "

I just did my IPT for this work year leading to my birthday.
Does it mean i dont need to do IPT from now to next year Jul?

Best email them at ns.sg

SiaoLa

Reaction score
I did my ippt just now at maju also. Was surprised become manual. The instructor really give no chance sia lawl. Kenna minus 4 for sit up.

The push up also kenna minus 6.

I think this would be the last time i am booking maju ippt lol.

On a side note, got pass with incentive though.

It's not only Maju. I did at Khatib in Apr, same manual though we laid on the machine.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The new sit-up manual station is very strict now. Last time they don't kbkb for rocking hips de, that I can hoot close to 40. Today the pti so strict even warn if I rock or whip one more time he will void my IPPT... End up I only did miserable 28 perfect sit-ups... :'(
Last year I did IPPT in ICT no such things leh... Haha
Heng I managed to make up with push-ups and 2.4, incentive pass . Happy le.

Last edited:

Onelastwish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just finish Maju FCC IPPT.. can tell due to the NSmen cheating case, now they super strict with the checking. Even 2.4 also must check IC.

sacar101

Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question, but IPT do what ar? I'm just ORD not long ago so i'm "new bird" for these sort of stuff. :o

Calander

Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question, but IPT do what ar? I'm just ORD not long ago so i'm "new bird" for these sort of stuff. :o
1st & 10 ipt session - is normal IPPT style

2nd-9th ipt session - PT session which u can choose your colour tag. to know more about the different colours, NS portal FAQ can be your best fren.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.